Conversation Between locknuts27 and dfj240
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6
  1. dfj240
    07-28-2012 02:05 PM
    Nice. I'll have to give that a try next time I come across one. Thanks for the idea mate. Cheers.
  2. locknuts27
    07-22-2012 10:33 AM
    Yeah man I used the Electric Contact cleaner. Worked great, stripped out all the dirt from the filter! I was pretty f*cking amazed of the dirt that was left in the bucket... lol
  3. dfj240
    07-20-2012 01:06 PM
    Haha. It doesn't mean much in my opinion. Lol. To me, I don't think any filter is a lifetime filter.

In any case, I think the filter could be cleaned using B12 or a similar solution that could break down all the dirt, too. Hell, I think you could probably even use bleach, as long as you don't leave it in there too long and flush it with something like B12 afterwards. Did you just use the CRC Electrical Contact Cleaner or something else?
  4. locknuts27
    07-15-2012 10:09 AM
    It wasn't about money being THAT tight. Just wanted to see if one could just clean the filter and would get the same results as putting in a new filter. I did purchase a fuel filter, delivered and then decided to just clean it. So now I have an extra filter that I can put in later time. On another note, our filters are suppose to be life time filters! Whatever that means!!!!
  5. dfj240
    07-07-2012 10:29 AM
    It's just as easy to replace the fuel filter as it would be to clean it out. You've got to pull it out anyways, so I don't see the point in going through the trouble of cleaning it, rather than replacing it when a new filter is only $14. Unless money's just THAT tight. Thanks for the tip anyways.
  6. locknuts27
    07-07-2012 08:29 AM
    Just so you know, you don't have to replace the fuel filter. You can take it out, use contact cleaner to clean out the filter. I have done this method before replacing the fuel filter. You will be amazed how dirty that filter gets! Well it amazed me anyways!!!