Conversation Between ColombianMax and The Don A32
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. ColombianMax
    03-28-2010 03:40 PM
    Hey I didn't notice this message, I dont normally get visitor messages rather private messages. I don't know anything about the 2.5 engine but things that could cause a lag once warmed up can be anything from Knock sensor, injectors, and possibly coils. Have you ohmed out the injectors to see if you're getting 10-14 ohms?

Your engine coolant temperature sensor can also be bad. do you have a check engine light?
  2. The Don A32
    01-11-2010 09:55 AM
    Hi John,
    I hope you don't mind me contacting you directly, but you seem to know what you're talking about.
    I'm new to max.org and to Maxima's I just bought my first Maxima/Cefiro (I'm in New Zealand) it's a 2.5 auto with (160k/km) 100k/miles on the clock and runs beautifully apart from the idle. It idles fine when it's cold but when it's on temp it's like it has a missfire but an erratic missfire. I checked all the coil packs they all have the same ohm reading but no continuety between the possitive and the middle pin. I'm going to start by changing the plugs today. They look old but seem fine. If that doesn't solve the problem what would you suggest I try next?

Cheers

Donovan