All Motor All Motor Advanced Performance. Talk about Engine Swaps, Internal Engine work. Not your basic Y pipe and Intake Information.

00VI Site: What do you want?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Bacon Lover

00VI Site: What do you want?

So I'm sure a lot in this section are aware of my site, especially the 00VI guide I have. The site is currently being revised and expanded since it sat unchanged for the better part of 2 years. I'm almost finished revising and updating the rest of the site, and I've moved on to the 00VI section. I just got rid of a few dead links and even deleted whole pages.

What I want to know is...what do you want out of that area of the site? What should be added? What's useless? What needs changed? Share your thoughts.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:29 PM
No more Maximas...

Couple pointers -

No right click script in the main page doesn't work.
Best to open the site in the same window, not a new one (better usability, IMO)
Updates page could use a better organizational scheme - at the very least, more whitespace. Seems a bit bunched together.

Just my thoughts.
Old 05-11-2008, 03:31 PM

I was wondering if that damn site would ever be updated..
Old 05-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by pmohr
Couple pointers -

No right click script in the main page doesn't work.
Best to open the site in the same window, not a new one (better usability, IMO)
Updates page could use a better organizational scheme - at the very least, more whitespace. Seems a bit bunched together.

Just my thoughts.
I was asking more on the content end of thinks, jackass j/k The site really does need updated. It works, but it's based on architecture I came up with when I was like 13 years old. I've had a couple offers to re-do it, and given the fact that I help with this site as well as VQ35DE.com (with SR20DEN), I've considered merging a bunch of stuff together and finally expanding the staff of the website beyond myself. Interested?
Old 05-11-2008, 03:54 PM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by Tatanko
I was asking more on the content end of thinks, jackass j/k The site really does need updated. It works, but it's based on architecture I came up with when I was like 13 years old. I've had a couple offers to re-do it, and given the fact that I help with this site as well as VQ35DE.com (with SR20DEN), I've considered merging a bunch of stuff together and finally expanding the staff of the website beyond myself. Interested?

Sure
Old 05-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Bacon Lover

PM being sent. In the mean time...00VI content discussion!
Old 05-11-2008, 05:45 PM

You are free to use anything from my thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=538119

I used the updated links and stuff.
Old 05-11-2008, 06:42 PM

i would go more into detail about those vaccum galleries underneath the tb and the one by the map\baro. i know cesars thread has some pics of it. but if your trying to consolidate everything i think it would help. i know everything was pretty straight foward except for those gallerys that i just wound up removing. and also i would mention something about the egr delete option.

im sure more will come to my head but those are the one i can think of at the moment
Old 05-11-2008, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by locknuts
i would go more into detail about those vaccum galleries underneath the tb and the one by the map\baro. i know cesars thread has some pics of it. but if your trying to consolidate everything i think it would help. i know everything was pretty straight foward except for those gallerys that i just wound up removing. and also i would mention something about the egr delete option.

im sure more will come to my head but those are the one i can think of at the moment
You bring up some good points.

I think I am going to edit my thread and add some more stuff.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:38 PM

here are a couple more ideas as well
1. i would take a couple of snap shots of all the tourqe specifications from both 199x and 2000 and 2001.
2. have a flyby about using the 5th gen iavc and how to jimmy rig the harness to fit from the 4th gen harness.
3. also from the fsm take a couple shots of the damn vaccum gallerys
Old 05-12-2008, 10:23 PM

What happened to your step by step 00VI install. It was said it was "coming soon" but now removed completly.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:11 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by aznprid972
What happened to your step by step 00VI install. It was said it was "coming soon" but now removed completly.
I have one, but it was written by someone else and I was told not to distribute it publicly. I don't know that I will ever write one, either, because it goes against how I feel the swap should be approached. Given that there is no one way to do the swap, it is difficult to do a write-up.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:20 PM

I have one, but it was written by someone else and I was told not to distribute it publicly. I don't know that I will ever write one, either, because it goes against how I feel the swap should be approached. Given that there is no one way to do the swap, it is difficult to do a write-up.
icic... I noticed you added in the paint colors of each model. One problem with that is once you click on a color, you can't click back. (ex: clicking on the year model, then clicking on the paint code). But then again, you would have to re-work how you want to link to each car color (either by year or by color). And also, the "Engine List" needs some work with the links. They are being redirected wrong.

Not trying to point out everything wrong but I thought it might help those that find this site useful as I have.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:13 PM

+1 you would almost have to do a write up for each setup and there are like 6 diffrent variations if not more. but there is deffently some universal stuff you can use IE vaccum lines!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:26 PM

Tatanko, hit me up on aim or gtalk man, Id like to help compile some stuff.

Last edited by MOHFpro90; 05-13-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:25 AM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by aznprid972
icic... I noticed you added in the paint colors of each model. One problem with that is once you click on a color, you can't click back. (ex: clicking on the year model, then clicking on the paint code). But then again, you would have to re-work how you want to link to each car color (either by year or by color). And also, the "Engine List" needs some work with the links. They are being redirected wrong.

Not trying to point out everything wrong but I thought it might help those that find this site useful as I have.
The paint color window is something I have been meaning to rework and make more useful. When I have a weekend to dedicate to it I'll fix that kind of stuff. What links are on the engine list page? I don't remember there even being any links
Originally Posted by MOHFpro90
Tatanko, hit me up on aim or gtalk man, Id like to help compile some stuff.
I will tonight after work...if I remember
Old 05-15-2008, 12:59 AM

The paint color window is something I have been meaning to rework and make more useful. When I have a weekend to dedicate to it I'll fix that kind of stuff. What links are on the engine list page? I don't remember there even being any links

I will tonight after work...if I remember
I get the problem when I click on "Engine List" then click on any of the "_-series" link at the top of the page. They're all pointed to poweredbynissan.com/.... I think you were trying to get it to scroll to the correct section; tag name?? or something?
Old 05-15-2008, 04:26 AM
Bacon Lover

OH, that. Yeah...back in the day (couple years ago), VQ35DE.com was known as poweredbynissan.com. I don't remember why (but I did have a reason), but I had to make the links include the domain name. It must have been that long since I messed with the top of that page, wow. Yeah I'll fix those then.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Beast Mode!!!

A simple explanation of what has to be modified and why they ahve to be modified to make the 00VI work on a 4th gen motor would go a long way for me.

I.e., "for the IACV here are your options... 4th gen, pros, cons... 5th gen, pros, cons..." etc. If I knew I would prob. just make a simplified thread, it seems so complicated, the way information about the swap is distributed over the board.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:30 AM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by skuccio's max
A simple explanation of what has to be modified and why they ahve to be modified to make the 00VI work on a 4th gen motor would go a long way for me.

I.e., "for the IACV here are your options... 4th gen, pros, cons... 5th gen, pros, cons..." etc. If I knew I would prob. just make a simplified thread, it seems so complicated, the way information about the swap is distributed over the board.
There are already minor explanations of "why" on the site, but if you'd like more detailed ones I can include them as well.

The reason my site exists is because of that "spread" of information, actually. That, and at the time there was a lot LESS information. So I tried to put some organization into what we did know and help put effort towards finding out what we didn't know.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I can't beleive this hasn't been suggested yet, but larger text!

A pic's section? ('99 blackmax's swap pics so need to be up in there! )

Also, if you could change the final paragraph in the info about valvebodies, I know it was quoted from somewhere, and it really erks me because it couldn't be farther from the truth, could you change it to this:

"Valvebody modifications DO prolong trannsmission life, the decreased shift times and slippage of the clutchs and bands greatly reduces the build-up of heat, which is the #1 killer of the wet clutches and brake bands in automatic trannsmissions"

Also, you've put alot of hard work and time into it, and I commend you, and think that you should put up a donations link and even very small banner ad's.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Bacon Lover

I have no needs for ads or donations. The site is hosted at no cost to me by pmohr and what else would I use the money on?

Good suggestions, though. They have been noted
Old 05-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Beast Mode!!!

There are already minor explanations of "why" on the site, but if you'd like more detailed ones I can include them as well.

The reason my site exists is because of that "spread" of information, actually. That, and at the time there was a lot LESS information. So I tried to put some organization into what we did know and help put effort towards finding out what we didn't know.
You know what, I didn't look hard enough on the site. Found what I was looking for (thumbsup smiley)
Old 05-21-2008, 03:54 PM
No more Maximas...

I have no needs for ads or donations. The site is hosted at no cost to me by pmohr and what else would I use the money on?

Good suggestions, though. They have been noted

Coke, hookers, and Maxima parts seem to be a good way to get rid of extra money.

If you don't want the first two, feel free to send them this way...
Old 05-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by pmohr

Coke, hookers, and Maxima parts seem to be a good way to get rid of extra money.

If you don't want the first two, feel free to send them this way...
Maybe we should put up some ads
Old 05-21-2008, 04:04 PM
No more Maximas...

Maybe we should put up some ads
I've got a Hispanic 'companionship' hotline on speed dial, let's make things happen.