6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

installed new seats today.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 04:10 PM

installed new seats today.

well i finally got my brackets in and installed my new seats was hesitant at first but i figured if i didn't like these more than the original's then i could just send them back. so i installed them, and wow, i really like these alot more than the others. i know you guys said that you wouldn't do it. but im not you guys. but seriously, these things really keep me planted in turns and provide much more support than the originals. so if your even thinking of doing this i really recommend doing it, after all you can always send them back if your not satisfied.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:12 PM

will post pics tommorrow if it is not raining like it is right now. would've already taken pics, but i was taking them for a test drive.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:16 PM

What seats did you install?
Old 04-22-2005, 04:39 PM

tenzo r rally seats.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:50 PM

Does your airbag light stay on now? There are airbags in the original seat and I would assume that since the sensor is not connected that it would trip the light. I could be wrong though....

I'd like to see pics!
Old 04-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I love this smiley, but it applies here. I WANNA SEE PICS!!!
I thought about performance seats.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Moderator GT-R

Originally Posted by Smoken'04
What seats did you install?
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=378729

Signatures:

Signatures are a privilege extended to all maxima.org members.
Signatures may be text, images or a combination of text and images.

Signatures must conform to the following reasonable guidelines:
Sexually oriented or sexually suggestive content in your signature is prohibited.*
The maximum allowable size for a signature on maxima.org is 550 pixels wide by 325 pixels high including image and text.
You must make your own arrangements for image hosting. Maxima.org does not host signature images.

*What is sexually oriented or sexually suggestive content?
  • Descriptive sexual language.
  • Any reference to any form of sexual intercourse or behavior, actual or simulated.
  • Any sexually explicit or sexually related text or images of partial or full nudity.
This is a subjective judgment reserved for the owners and administrators of maxima.org. The owners and administrators of maxima.org are the final arbiters of all disputes.

Signature File Size:

Many of our members use 56k dial up Internet accounts. In deference to our 56k members, signature image files that we deem to be too large (file size) will not be tolerated. If the file is too large we may contact you about its removal or we may remove it ourselves.
This is a subjective judgment reserved for the owners and administrators of maxima.org. The owners and administrators of maxima.org are the final arbiters of all disputes.

For questions, clarifications or to report violations of the signature policy contact:
phenryiv1
or bags
Old 04-23-2005, 05:20 AM
Banned

Haha the striped engine cover is sweet!! I can't wait to see the new seats! These seats suck! If they lower the ride height (which im sure they do) Id think about doing it too, Id have to go with black seats so it wont clash with the frost. Very cool though, about time someone does something new. Props to you!
Old 04-23-2005, 12:56 PM
KC's FINEST

Did I miss something....??
Old 04-23-2005, 02:37 PM

here are pics of the seats.sorry they may be blurry.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:38 PM

my web page is updated also...
Old 04-23-2005, 03:03 PM

Do they make them in matching dark grey leather?
Old 04-23-2005, 03:43 PM
KC's FINEST

Whats the info on the diamond floor mats? Where, how much... more pics!
Im trying to view your homepage, but all that comes up is a thumbnail pic
Old 04-23-2005, 03:59 PM
Banned

Is the ride height any lower? Thats one thing about this car I hate, Im 5'5" and I feel like my head is rightr near the ceiling with the seat all the way down, you cant get comfortable in this mother&%^$#%!!!!
Old 04-23-2005, 05:17 PM
KC's FINEST

Im 6' and I dont have any problems..?
Old 04-23-2005, 05:41 PM

I am 6'8 and have no problems.....Seats arent for me either, I smell rice burning....
Old 04-23-2005, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by 04BlackMaxx
Is the ride height any lower? Thats one thing about this car I hate, Im 5'5" and I feel like my head is rightr near the ceiling with the seat all the way down, you cant get comfortable in this mother&%^$#%!!!!
well when you put the seats on the brackets you have a choice of three settings and i chose the tallest setting and yes it is lower than the shortest setting on the oem seats.

diamond floor mats are from ea evolutions i got a good deal on them from ce by the way im a short guy also and i like them but you might want to try another seat these seats really hug your hips. i literally have to climb into them. but you can look into bride, momo, sparco, corbeau, thats all i can think of right now. i know there are more. and as far as rice is concerned i tried to stay as far away as possible i mean i could've gone another route. but these will look as stock as possible when im done with everything .
Old 04-23-2005, 09:14 PM

Do the new seats have side air bags equivalent to the ones standard in the OEM seats? These have proven to be lifesavers, especially in side collisions.

Do they have an equivalent to the OEM power active head restraint system? This helps avoid whiplash and upper spinal injuries on impacts from the rear.

I assume you kept the elaborate OEM pretensor seat belt system with its sensor system and belt drum controlling front belt pressure during collisions. This is an advanced and important safety system.

I don't think the base SE has two stage heated seats, or the 4 way power front passenger seat or the driver's seat lumbar adjustment or the driver's seat two way memory system or driver's seat entry/exit system, so you didn't lose any of that.

I realize some folks like to ride as low in the car as possible, but I like to ride higher, so as to see better. I appreciate the extra inch of seat height my '04 SL has over my '00 SE.

I'm glad you like your new seats. I hope you have not sacrificed much on the safety devices, as we would really hate to lose a poster unnecessarily in an accident.

Keep us informed as to how these sharp new seats are doing. Happy riding!
Old 04-23-2005, 09:21 PM

I happen to really like high performance seats that hold you in place. I never really thought about changing my beautiful leather, heated, power seats, but I may consider it. I would want something that matches the rear seats though, so they would have to be in matching leather. I would probably add a 4 point harness too. It would go with the performance look of my car i think.
Old 04-24-2005, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Do the new seats have side air bags equivalent to the ones standard in the OEM seats? These have proven to be lifesavers, especially in side collisions.

Do they have an equivalent to the OEM power active head restraint system? This helps avoid whiplash and upper spinal injuries on impacts from the rear.

I assume you kept the elaborate OEM pretensor seat belt system with its sensor system and belt drum controlling front belt pressure during collisions. This is an advanced and important safety system.

I don't think the base SE has two stage heated seats, or the 4 way power front passenger seat or the driver's seat lumbar adjustment or the driver's seat two way memory system or driver's seat entry/exit system, so you didn't lose any of that.

I realize some folks like to ride as low in the car as possible, but I like to ride higher, so as to see better. I appreciate the extra inch of seat height my '04 SL has over my '00 SE.

I'm glad you like your new seats. I hope you have not sacrificed much on the safety devices, as we would really hate to lose a poster unnecessarily in an accident.

Keep us informed as to how these sharp new seats are doing. Happy riding!
Agreed. I dont think Id sacrifice all that for those seats. Plus something about it just doesnt match with the flow of the Maxima.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by maxmale
well when you put the seats on the brackets you have a choice of three settings and i chose the tallest setting and yes it is lower than the shortest setting on the oem seats.

diamond floor mats are from ea evolutions i got a good deal on them from ce by the way im a short guy also and i like them but you might want to try another seat these seats really hug your hips. i literally have to climb into them. but you can look into bride, momo, sparco, corbeau, thats all i can think of right now. i know there are more. and as far as rice is concerned i tried to stay as far away as possible i mean i could've gone another route. but these will look as stock as possible when im done with everything .
So does that mean you can make the OEM seats lower or higher? If so...what setting was the OEM seat at when you removed it?
Old 04-24-2005, 05:18 AM
Banned

I wouldnt do it either...but im interested in knowing of the seat can be made lower.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:27 AM

well my main reason for gettiing new seats was that i drive from sc to fl usually once or twice a month and i can usually tell im getting close because i cant feel my but or the lower half of my back. so i opted to for something with more back support.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:31 AM

So, no airbag light on the dash?
Old 04-24-2005, 09:58 AM

well im working on that.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:15 AM

Are these lighter weight than stock seats?
Old 04-24-2005, 11:58 AM

What do u guys think about these seats?

http://justcarseats.com/recaroracing...lxftouring.htm
Old 04-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
What do u guys think about these seats?

http://justcarseats.com/recaroracing...lxftouring.htm
I like my stock leather seats, but these actually look nice. Would you buy the leather ones ?

Bob
Old 04-24-2005, 02:20 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

I was wondering about this, but I'd hate to remove my all power leather for some manual racing seats...............
Old 04-24-2005, 04:46 PM

You can always swap em back. I like the racing leather ones cuz they maintain the look of the car but support much better.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:10 PM

I like the racing leather ones cuz they maintain the look of the car
A Maxima looks like a race car?
Old 04-24-2005, 06:32 PM

Well I think there are two aspects to the maxima - the luxury aspect, and the performace aspect. I think the Recaro seats bring out the performance side of the max, much like the M series of BMW. That is, a luxury car that has perfromance u[grades.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:10 PM

Check out these bzitchin seats
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33701
Old 04-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Get em Dues!! They are black and the red lettering would match your calipers
Old 04-24-2005, 09:05 PM

I was reading on another nissan forum that these are fake nismos but arent bad for cheap seats. I like Recaro seats, they are kinda pricey though.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:13 PM

No offense or anything but your car reminds me of a ricer. It is a luxury car. Stuff you do on these cars is rims, tint the windows, and sound system and add a TV and if you have a SE lower it. Your car was hot enough, didn't need the seats.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:21 PM

Im sure he isnt referring to MY car, right?
Old 04-24-2005, 09:27 PM

Im sure he isnt referring to MY car, right?
No, I am just no feeling his floormats and seats thats it. The rest of the mods he did are hot. The rims are hot. I love how your car is all black. I think the Maxima is the hottest car to make all black.
Old 04-24-2005, 10:47 PM

Recaro seats bring out the performance side of the max, much like the M series of BMW.
Uhh... seats (or any other available (now or ever) mod will allow you to use "M" and Maxima in the same sentence.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:55 PM

^^^ ::drooling::

but anyway the seats look good, i sell these seats actually. how much did u spend on them if you dont mind me asking?

Quick Reply: installed new seats today.