5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

O2 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Banned

O2 sensor

Ok how long does it take for the bank 1 sensor 2 code take to go away after a sensor change i did 50 miles so far and it didnt go away and it took 138 miles to get it to turn on after a cel reset for egr.do i have to clear the codes manualy?which i dont want to do because i need to get the emissions test done and the monitors take forever to set the way i drive.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:25 AM

It is a complex answer. Nissan uses the term "driving cycles". A driving cycle is starting the car, driving it some number of miles and shutting it off. Nissan says this might amount to 80 miles total, but the miles involved for a city driving cycle are different than a highway driving cycle. Nissan says that some CELs need more cycles than other CELs, but don't say which is which.

Hopefully you have to the end of the month, you just need patience.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DennisMik
It is a complex answer. Nissan uses the term "driving cycles". A driving cycle is starting the car, driving it some number of miles and shutting it off. Nissan says this might amount to 80 miles total, but the miles involved for a city driving cycle are different than a highway driving cycle. Nissan says that some CELs need more cycles than other CELs, but don't say which is which.

Hopefully you have to the end of the month, you just need patience.
Expired 5/12 lmfao
Old 03-18-2013, 12:35 PM

There's no need to double-post/spam the same question in the multiple sub-forums.
http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...o2-sensor.html

You might be able to pull it out of the Engine Control System module of the FSM or locate a TSB somewhere. Each system has a different readiness flow. It should contain things like; operate at a certain speed under a certain power load for a specified amount of time, start under certain temperature conditions, accelerate at a certain throttle position, and a few other things - some of which have to be completed in two consecutive cycles. It can take a while to meet all the test conditions, as DennisMik said.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by digitalbow
There's no need to double-post/spam the same question in the multiple sub-forums.
http://forums.maxima.org/4th-generat...o2-sensor.html

You might be able to pull it out of the Engine Control System module of the FSM or locate a TSB somewhere. Each system has a different readiness flow. It should contain things like; operate at a certain speed under a certain power load for a specified amount of time, start under certain temperature conditions, accelerate at a certain throttle position, and a few other things - some of which have to be completed in two consecutive cycles. It can take a while to meet all the test conditions, as DennisMik said.
I will post how i want and where i want Remember that!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by cjandura

I will post how i want and where i want Remember that!