Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

How do Toyo Proxes 4 compare vs. Pilot Sport A/S

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 07:30 AM
nm

How do Toyo Proxes 4 compare vs. Pilot Sport A/S

My next tire change is coming up and I'm looking for a good handling all season tire that can handle snow.

The Proxes 4 and Pilot A/S look like they would handle well and could be used in snow by a skilled driver, has anyone had the Proxes 4 and how do they compare to the Pilot A/S in terms of performace?

Do you have any other tire suggestions? (I have the Dunlop Sport A2 tires and for me they are a little weak in the handling department but fuful my snow driving requirements)
Old 08-24-2004, 01:23 PM
imported_JIC_A33

dont know about the pilots, but i have the toyo 4s on my 02 in a 235/45/17 on stock wheels. i flogged the max at nelson ledges raceway in ohio this past friday, and these tires kick A.S.S!!! i dont know of a better HP all season. i am looking foward to the snow! get the toyos, i got them from edgeracing.com for $108 ea. i think the pilots are 200+ a piece. I doubt the pilots offer the performace for the $$$ like the toyo does.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:09 AM
vqman

Originally Posted by nm
My next tire change is coming up and I'm looking for a good handling all season tire that can handle snow.

The Proxes 4 and Pilot A/S look like they would handle well and could be used in snow by a skilled driver, has anyone had the Proxes 4 and how do they compare to the Pilot A/S in terms of performace?

Do you have any other tire suggestions? (I have the Dunlop Sport A2 tires and for me they are a little weak in the handling department but fuful my snow driving requirements)

I've done a ton of research, and found that the Toyo Proxes 4 is the better tire. This doesn't even consider price. go to www.1010tires.com and check out the reviews that have been left by random people. the Toyo's are getting MAJOR praise.

I just put a deposit on some Toyo Proxes 4 at National Tire and Battery. They had to special order them, but they were only $125 a tire...that's a steal! (an extra $22 to mount and balance, and that includes road hazard)

-vq