Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

divided manifold

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 10:28 PM

divided manifold

i have a vq30de and i am going turbo but debating if i should go divided manifold or not.

my set up will be a completely stock had and block vq30de...
arp head studs
cometic custom head gasket for stock bore
probably getting a gt35r to gt40r or something comparable...
7xx-8xxcc injectors
tial 38mm or 44mm wastegate
tial 50mm bov
greddy emanage ultimate

let me know what you think...and if you got any advise...looking to make the most power...if the motor goes, i have a spare one...
Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you are keeping the motor stock, I think a divided manifold may not be worth the extra effort. You can make plenty of power and enough to blow your motor without the divided manifold. However, I have always wanted to see what a nice, equal length piping setup would produce on a Maxima. I have thought about doing it on my car, but I am happy with the power my turbo setup is producing now. I believe if you were to do some sort of divided manifold setup and you were having each bank feed each turbo scroll equally you would need it to meetup just over the transmission. It would look somethnig like this.

Last edited by nismomaxct; 01-26-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:46 PM

!!! Damn really makes me wish I wasn't selling :*(
Old 01-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Turbo 3.5

Hey I am making a setup just like that right now
Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by t6378tp
Hey I am making a setup just like that right now
Any plans to make more than one? I wouldn't be ready until the fall, but just curious.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:48 AM
Turbo 3.5

Originally Posted by nismomaxct
Any plans to make more than one? I wouldn't be ready until the fall, but just curious.
Sure, you can buy the one I'm making for cheap as I am just trying to get my money back. I was making it for myself thinking I would have another maxima by now. I also thought this could be done without having to mod anything. To run this setup you will need to replace the drivers side fan with a pusher or a slim fan. And if you have a car with mechnical egr setup either remove or mod it. And last naturally swap the headers all of this is no big deal but I am lazy and don't feel like dealing with the rear header removal or install.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by turbok2x
i have a vq30de and i am going turbo but debating if i should go divided manifold or not.

my set up will be a completely stock had and block vq30de...
arp head studs
cometic custom head gasket for stock bore
probably getting a gt35r to gt40r or something comparable...
7xx-8xxcc injectors
tial 38mm or 44mm wastegate
tial 50mm bov
greddy emanage ultimate

let me know what you think...and if you got any advise...looking to make the most power...if the motor goes, i have a spare one...
Is there a reason you need such a large turbo? If you are staying stock (I have no idea what kind of power the vq motor can make before it pops) but let's say 20psi. That is not even enough to wake up a 35r. They will perform best at least at 26psi or higher and I can't see you running that much.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by nismomaxct
If you are keeping the motor stock, I think a divided manifold may not be worth the extra effort. You can make plenty of power and enough to blow your motor without the divided manifold. However, I have always wanted to see what a nice, equal length piping setup would produce on a Maxima. I have thought about doing it on my car, but I am happy with the power my turbo setup is producing now. I believe if you were to do some sort of divided manifold setup and you were having each bank feed each turbo scroll equally you would need it to meetup just over the transmission. It would look somethnig like this.

this looks like a very interesting set-up
Old 01-27-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by t6378tp
Sure, you can buy the one I'm making for cheap as I am just trying to get my money back. I was making it for myself thinking I would have another maxima by now. I also thought this could be done without having to mod anything. To run this setup you will need to replace the drivers side fan with a pusher or a slim fan. And if you have a car with mechnical egr setup either remove or mod it. And last naturally swap the headers all of this is no big deal but I am lazy and don't feel like dealing with the rear header removal or install.
Ok. Keep me informed. I already have 4th gen manifolds on the 5.5 gen. So, I don't mind doing a little extra modding.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Gamble
Is there a reason you need such a large turbo? If you are staying stock (I have no idea what kind of power the vq motor can make before it pops) but let's say 20psi. That is not even enough to wake up a 35r. They will perform best at least at 26psi or higher and I can't see you running that much.

The GT35 is a great turbo on the VQ. You do not need to run anywhere near 26psi to wake it up. In the 10 psi range, that turbo will put down some nice power on a VQ and spool up fairly qucikly. The 3.0 will be fine in the 400whp range with a good tune (which is around 10psi on the GT35).
Old 01-27-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Gamble
this is no 4 cylinder motor...we are talking about a v6 with 3.0l.....