Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SER_ALTIMA until he handles his current transactions

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 12:59 AM
Banned

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SER_ALTIMA until he handles his current transactions

So over the last few months, I have been piecing together a turbo kit for my 5.5 gen 6-spd HLSD. I have listed 2 different sections of what I have and what I need still. Feel free if you have something on the "need" list that you want to get rid of shoot me a reply or PM. Thanks

Purchased:
- Garrett 60-1 Journal Bearing Turbo
- Tial 38mm wastegate
- 3" custom down-pipe
- Custom reverse y-pipe (mounts to turbo)
- 3" custom CAI
- 2.5" custom ICP
- K&N Cone Filter
- Godspeed Front Mount Intercooler
- Custom fit steel braided oil feed/return lines
- Auto Meter Boost Gauge
- Auto Meter Oil Pressure Gauge
- Zeitronix Wide band/datalogger
- Walbro 255

Need:
- BOV
- Z32 MAF
- Emanage Ultimate w/ harness (NEED BADLY)
- 440 or 555cc Injectors
Old 02-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Blown

Good luck with your install. If you are interested, I have a Greddy Emanage Ultimate, and a Z32 MAF. Just PM me so I don't clutter your thread if you are interested.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:09 AM

sounds good, gl
Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 AM
VQ30 DE T

Nice list.
Im not sure the z32 will work on a 5.5 gen.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:40 PM

From my research the z32 is only an option on 4th gen ecu's.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dfownz
From my research the z32 is only an option on 4th gen ecu's.
Oh really?? Why is that? I guess I did not catch this. What MAF could be used then because the stock one will only be good up until about 350whp is what I was told.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 02:50 PM

Your sensor in a 3inch housing.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Banned

Yes I believe so.. Why?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by ser_altima
Yes I believe so.. Why?
no make a 3 inch housing and use your sensor. It will give you some more usage out of the sensor
Old 02-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kzoosho
no make a 3 inch housing and use your sensor. It will give you some more usage out of the sensor
Why is that?? The guy I bought the Turbo kit off of has a MAF location (not sure if it includes MAF) on the 3" CAI section that goes inside the fender. I could just use that.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:55 PM
VQ30 DE T

Pics.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:55 PM

the 5.5 MAF is good for more than 350hp, I would get a AFPR and return line for fuel. Also U can use the AEM FIC instead of emanage Ultimate. Maximas are not slaves to emanage like most people think.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stillpimpin
the 5.5 MAF is good for more than 350hp, I would get a AFPR and return line for fuel. Also U can use the AEM FIC instead of emanage Ultimate. Maximas are not slaves to emanage like most people think.
So your saying instead of the Ultimate use the FIC? What kind of expandability do I have with the FIC over the EMU?? Isnt the FIC just a fuel computer?? I want fuel and timing. Timing is where people blow there motors but its also where you make your power.

Thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 04:24 PM

So your saying instead of the Ultimate use the FIC? What kind of expandability do I have with the FIC over the EMU?? Isnt the FIC just a fuel computer?? I want fuel and timing. Timing is where people blow there motors but its also where you make your power.

Thanks
The AEM Fuel Ignition control does both fuel and timing, also works well on cars with Variable cams. I bought one for my 02 maxima and going to install on friday.

Last edited by stillpimpin; 02-24-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:31 PM

so no 2 step nor map based tuning? Ill take my eu over fic anyday.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:36 PM

so no 2 step nor map based tuning? Ill take my eu over fic anyday.

It has map based tuning, there are many that use the FIC and still have not found no flwas with it. Im not saying the EU is bad but maxima owners seem to think thats the only thing out for F/I tuning. Check this out http://www.dezod.com/files/FICvsEMAN.pdf

Last edited by stillpimpin; 02-24-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Banned

It has map based tuning, there are many that use the FIC and still have not found no flwas with it. Im not saying the EU is bad but maxima owners seem to think thats the only thing out for F/I tuning.
Oh no.. when I go with my phase 3 built motor with a T67, I will ahve the Fcon Vpro by HKS, where did you get the harness for the FIC?? What sensors does it come with? Thanks
Old 02-24-2009, 04:48 PM

Oh no.. when I go with my phase 3 built motor with a T67, I will ahve the Fcon Vpro by HKS, where did you get the harness for the FIC?? What sensors does it come with? Thanks
thats exactly what sets it apart from EMU its built in. so no additional harnesses. built in map sensor
Old 02-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Banned

thats exactly what sets it apart from EMU its built in. so no additional harnesses. built in map sensor
There has to be a harness to plug up to stock ecu
Old 02-24-2009, 05:04 PM

There has to be a harness to plug up to stock ecu

the harness comes with the unit, I meant to say that you dont have to buy additional harnesses like the EMU.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Banned

the harness comes with the unit, I meant to say that you dont have to buy additional harnesses like the EMU.
Did you just buy the FIC for the 350Z/G?? if so how does it plug up it should be similar
Old 02-24-2009, 05:51 PM

Did you just buy the FIC for the 350Z/G?? if so how does it plug up it should be similar
I bought mine Locally in Ft lauderdale its similar like installing the EU here is a site that helps: http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,20149.0.html
Old 02-24-2009, 06:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Ok, he is buying the kit off me. I bought the kit off of pimpjuice, who I believe was the first person to turbo a 5.5 gen. The kit places the MAF on the uncharged side. There is a CAI coming off the turbo that the MAF attaches to and sits in the fender. You can clearly see it in the pcitures.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:17 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Do you have the full Zeitronix setup (digital display, map sensor, and egt)? If you do, you didn't need a separate boost gauge.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:21 PM

Still wouldnt do a fic. It is not as capable as eu and will never be. Its aem's bottom feeder and i wouldnt consider it on anything but a mild turbo car that i didnt care about. AEM's standalones are nice and all but ill pass on the fic. I have seen some bad things happen behind that. The owners are now using eu and aem stand alones. Also your little comparison is comparing eb not eu. U dont need a support tool with eu nor do you need additional harnesses.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:39 AM

Still wouldnt do a fic. It is not as capable as eu and will never be. Its aem's bottom feeder and i wouldnt consider it on anything but a mild turbo car that i didnt care about. AEM's standalones are nice and all but ill pass on the fic. I have seen some bad things happen behind that. The owners are now using eu and aem stand alones. Also your little comparison is comparing eb not eu. U dont need a support tool with eu nor do you need additional harnesses.
JUst like you've seem bad thing with the AEM unit, I've seem bad thing go wrong with the EU. I wouldn't say the aem is bad because of one experience. It could have been many things the tuner could have done to mess it up. Both systems are not perfect im just saying that most people on this forum seem to think emanage is the only tuning tool for maximas. Also I wanted to know what have one seen go wrong with the FIC and on wat car..

Last edited by stillpimpin; 02-25-2009 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:53 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

EU is good, but I think I remember reading somewhere on the org that the EU fried coilpacks when used with the a33b ECU. Then they switched to the UTEC and that problem was gone. I wanna say it was Jime, but I dont recall what ecu he was using.

Someone jump in if i'm wrong.

I dont know enough about the AEM to really comment on it. But alot of the big power EVOs in my area are using it. Completely different car though.

Last edited by essential1; 02-26-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by essential1
EU is good, but I think I remember reading somewhere on the org that the EU fried coilpacks when used with the a33b ECU. Then they switched to the UTEC and that problem was gone. I wanna say it was Jime, but I dont recall what ecu he was using.

Someone jump in if i'm wrong.

I dont know enough about the AEM to really comment on it. But alot of the big power EVOs in my area are using it. Completely different car though.
Then I have heard bad things about the Utec though? Goodness lol
Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

Really. I guess were helping to make your decision harder. LOL

The G/Z guys I know that run the UTEC love it and have no complaints. For them, it's basically plug and play. We dont have it so easy though.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:55 PM

umm No issue at all running the UTEC in my A34.... best tunnable piggyback for a33b and a34s IMO

I think for the a32s the Greddy E or EU might be the best for that year.

Anyways I regret selling my UTEC and im shopping for another one as we speak

EDIT : I thought you were going to boosted a Altima SE-R...
Old 02-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
umm No issue at all running the UTEC in my A34.... best tunnable piggyback for a33b and a34s IMO

I think for the a32s the Greddy E or EU might be the best for that year.

Anyways I regret selling my UTEC and im shopping for another one as we speak

EDIT : I thought you were going to boosted a Altima SE-R...
So what ECu does the 5.5 gen have and what Piggy back seems to be best for it? And yes I use to have an Altima SE-R but sold it
Old 02-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So what ECu does the 5.5 gen have and what Piggy back seems to be best for it? And yes I use to have an Altima SE-R but sold it
UTEC is the best way to go for the a33b. Look in the classifieds, MDeezy had one for sale and all of the wires were labeled and pretty much ready to hook up. Would make putting it on your car so much easier!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:45 AM

I have a universal blitz bov, $80 shipped.. pm me
Old 02-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Banned

What will the stock injectors flow?? and what kind of power will I be able to make if I max them out?? I am looking to get 750's, but saving the coin up and thinking I am just going to run around with stocks and max them out for a bit. Is it essential I get an FPR or do I not need one right away if I am running stock injectors? Obviously I will purchase one once I upgrade injectors.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

What will the stock injectors flow?? and what kind of power will I be able to make if I max them out?? I am looking to get 750's, but saving the coin up and thinking I am just going to run around with stocks and max them out for a bit. Is it essential I get an FPR or do I not need one right away if I am running stock injectors? Obviously I will purchase one once I upgrade injectors.
Getting an AFPR goes hand in hand with upgrading the fuel pump. Your injectors will flow more depending on how much more pressure they see and will have a bad spray pattern if out of the ideal pressure range.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:15 PM

750 cc injectors ? thats overkill , your not pushing or going to make more than 500 and 440cc should be enough with your setup.

You can find RC injectors and the clips on the 350z fourms.
Old 03-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
750 cc injectors ? thats overkill , your not pushing or going to make more than 500 and 440cc should be enough with your setup.

You can find RC injectors and the clips on the 350z fourms.
I will eventually upgrade to 750s when the built motor and T67 is dropped in. BUT 440s WILL NOT be enough, I will max those out pretty quick.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I will eventually upgrade to 750s when the built motor and T67 is dropped in. BUT 440s WILL NOT be enough, I will max those out pretty quick.
First you should state your current HP goal, then we can help you from there. Your turbo is good for about 500hp, thus 550's with a nudge in fuel pressure can get you there. If you're planning on running EMU, make sure it can adjust the duty cycle of the injectors you choose enough to have a decent idle or safely drop some pressure. 750's are good for 600+ hp. Duty cycles should typically not exceed 80% and there is a range of fuel pressures injectors can still hold a decent spray with thus 440's will leave you short of 400+. You pretty much want to size your injector for your current HP goal, not something you want 10 years down the road.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

^ i was referring to the 60-1 in the last post
Old 03-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Cuban
First you should state your current HP goal, then we can help you from there. Your turbo is good for about 500hp, thus 550's with a nudge in fuel pressure can get you there. If you're planning on running EMU, make sure it can adjust the duty cycle of the injectors you choose enough to have a decent idle or safely drop some pressure. 750's are good for 600+ hp. Duty cycles should typically not exceed 80% and there is a range of fuel pressures injectors can still hold a decent spray with thus 440's will leave you short of 400+. You pretty much want to size your injector for your current HP goal, not something you want 10 years down the road.
Current goal is 420 whp tuned

Quick Reply: DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SER_ALTIMA until he handles his current transactions