Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

FS: *NEW* V1 S/C Plate Kits...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
wait, what is the drain back housing for again?
Drain back housing is for Oil from the blower. PM sent

-matt
Old 01-15-2006, 10:43 AM

question...

i have a 99 CA-Spec. i know there are a few extra parts i'd need to source out along with the Feed line, Rubber Drain Line, Fittings + Couplings, & Rubber Power steering lines. since i've never seen a SCed max or an uninstalled kit even, how would i know what to buy. you mentioned most of these items can be found at an auto parts store. is this gonna be as simple as looking at my car and walking into auto zone??????
Old 01-15-2006, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by jac121479
i have a 99 CA-Spec. i know there are a few extra parts i'd need to source out along with the Feed line, Rubber Drain Line, Fittings + Couplings, & Rubber Power steering lines. since i've never seen a SCed max or an uninstalled kit even, how would i know what to buy. you mentioned most of these items can be found at an auto parts store. is this gonna be as simple as looking at my car and walking into auto zone??????
Most likely your going to have to search on the internet and peice together things. Autozone will have the bare essentials likes your PS lines youll need and the couple fuel lines youll need. As far as the charge pipes, fuel pump, fuel managment unit, feed line can all be sourced out on ebay, summit racing, and alot of vendors on here. There are hundreds of FMU's on ebay going for $20-$50, an intank fuel pump can be had for $90, and a charge pipe can be made creatively for less than $150. The drain line can be purchased at Nissan

-matt
Old 01-15-2006, 11:10 AM

Thanks Matt. Maybe i can convince Cheston to give me a hand. He used to work next door to me (not sure if he still does) but i never see the guy.

Jack
Old 01-15-2006, 11:23 AM

In the mean time, read up in the supercharger forum. Alot can be learned from reading and learning what you have to do.

Just start making yourself familiar.

-matt
Old 01-16-2006, 07:30 AM
Licensed to Spell

Feel free to PM me, e-mail me or call me with questions, I can help walk you through it. Worse case - we live about 90 miles away from each other. Good luck.
Old 01-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Sports Button FTW

I seen this kit in person...absolutely sexy! and it fits like a glove on my 5th gen so u know whats in my future
Old 01-16-2006, 12:15 PM

thanks ptatohed! hopefully you'll still have some kits on hand once i get my tax return.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:52 PM

Here's a V2 SQ about to end.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VORTE...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Future Camaro SS owner

Originally Posted by ewuzh
Yeah who out bid me. I was at $600.00. I lost by 16.00 because I had to work in the morning.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:16 AM

I went to a Different Coating Company today and sourced out a better looking coating. This is a Nickle Coating that is started out differently so you winde up with a different product. It does look a bit better than what I was getting. The edges are shiney and the face of the plate is dull and protected. Here are some pics.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Looks good Matt. Is my plate the one with the new brand of nickle coating?
Old 01-19-2006, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by i30ds
That is your plate. I will PM you a Tracking number in the morning. I wasnt able to send it today before I had work.

-matt
Old 01-19-2006, 07:49 PM

hey Matt, since i have a 99 Max, what am i gonna need as far as the power steering oil cooler. do i even need that? and here's an off topic question, since i can't use a JW ECU on my CA spec max, can a Z32 MAF be used with the factory ecu. sorry for all the questions. i'm planning on buying a starter kit from you but the wife said making the house payment is a little more important so i guess i gotta save up some play money.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:56 AM

just received my plate in the mail earlier today.. definately a great product, ill try to get some pictures up of it later on this evening

Old 01-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by i30ds

So your gonna do it? Sweet!
Old 01-20-2006, 11:32 AM

hey Matt, since i have a 99 Max, what am i gonna need as far as the power steering oil cooler. do i even need that? and here's an off topic question, since i can't use a JW ECU on my CA spec max, can a Z32 MAF be used with the factory ecu. sorry for all the questions. i'm planning on buying a starter kit from you but the wife said making the house payment is a little more important so i guess i gotta save up some play money.
If you already have The oil cooler in the front of your max then all youll need is two rubber lines to replace the metal ones that run under the blower. Thats not a big deal. As far as running the Z32 MAF on the stock ECU, I do it right now without a problem
Old 01-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Z32 on A32 ECU is fine as long as you have large enough injectors and and SAFC, or an FMU. But watch out for detonation if your running higher boost on stock timing.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by matty
That is your plate. I will PM you a Tracking number in the morning. I wasnt able to send it today before I had work.

-matt
Cool. It looks awsome.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
So your gonna do it? Sweet!
Yup... I could not resist. This is gonna be sweet! I'll post pics of the kit when I get it.
Old 01-21-2006, 08:32 AM

Man I just hope a kit will still be available by the time I have the cash. Maybe 2-3 mores weeks and I'll confirm my order.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:11 PM

**Update**

**4 Full Starter Kits are left
One of those kits has the Nickle coating**

7 Kits have been spoken for**

Once these 4 are gone, I will get a list going for a possible second run of kits. The list will be 8-10 .orgers long and will require you to put a down payment of $300 to get the run started. Once I get all the down payments, production will start on them. Shipping will take place 6-8 weeks after the start. The balance of the money will have to be sent to me before shipping takes place.

Thanks
-matt
Old 01-23-2006, 03:54 PM

**3 Full Starter Kits are available** Nickle Coating is Option
8 Kits have been spoken for**
Old 01-23-2006, 04:04 PM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

That fluffy bed of yours makes me want to take an afternoon happy nappy.

Old 01-23-2006, 04:06 PM
mjk
Head shot!!!

**3 Full Starter Kits are available** Nickle Coating is Option
8 Kits have been spoken for**
How much for the nickle coated one vs a non coated one?

So for my 2k maxima, I could get this to work without any extra hassles just like a 4th gen, right?
Old 01-23-2006, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by mjk
How much for the nickle coated one vs a non coated one?
The Nickle Coating is an optional cost. $150 more. If you dont want it, the base Kit is $1195 but you will need a coating on the plate to prevent rust weather it be spray paint or a nickle coating.

Originally Posted by mjk
So for my 2k maxima, I could get this to work without any extra hassles just like a 4th gen, right?
The only real difference is the charge pipe. The 5th gen charge piping is different between the 4th and 5th gen. You need two cross over pipes, lower one from TB to Outlet of the blower, then the upper one accross the top from the Inlet side of your blower, to your MAF, then to your Filter. The reason for this is because the 5th gen MAF is more sensative than the 4th gen. I wouldnt see a problem in making it only one charge pipe and having the MAF on the charged side, but I didnt tell ya to do that
Old 01-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Rockin' VK56!!

is mine gonna be on second batch? or is it the one with nickel coating in the first batch?
Old 01-23-2006, 06:11 PM
mjk
Head shot!!!

The Nickle Coating is an optional cost. $150 more. If you dont want it, the base Kit is $1195 but you will need a coating on the plate to prevent rust weather it be spray paint or a nickle coating.

The only real difference is the charge pipe. The 5th gen charge piping is different between the 4th and 5th gen. You need two cross over pipes, lower one from TB to Outlet of the blower, then the upper one accross the top from the Inlet side of your blower, to your MAF, then to your Filter. The reason for this is because the 5th gen MAF is more sensative than the 4th gen. I wouldnt see a problem in making it only one charge pipe and having the MAF on the charged side, but I didnt tell ya to do that

What if you run low boost, would the maf still fail soon?? i havent put one together so i dont really know the piping very well..
Old 01-23-2006, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by maxima8624
is mine gonna be on second batch? or is it the one with nickel coating in the first batch?
Your's is sitting in my room waiting to be shipped out.

Originally Posted by mjk
What if you run low boost, would the maf still fail soon?? i havent put one together so i dont really know the piping very well..
Thats a question for the 5th Gen guys...really not sure

-matt
Old 01-23-2006, 06:38 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

Time for the next batch!
Old 01-23-2006, 06:47 PM

3 kits still left steve...give me a call tomorrow man. I need to talk to ya
Old 01-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Made in Taiwan

anyone installed this with a write up and pictures? I have never really looked into the superchargers, but matty's kit here sure does look saweeeeeeeeeeet! I want to know the procedures and what does the whole finalized thing looked like with the blower on.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by GodFather
anyone installed this with a write up and pictures? I have never really looked into the superchargers, but matty's kit here sure does look saweeeeeeeeeeet! I want to know the procedures and what does the whole finalized thing looked like with the blower on.

just like it does underneath my hood fool. Matty's stuff is identical to stillens and is better quality imo. If you buy it i'll help you put in.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:15 PM

One of the first plate kits Ive sold. Been on the car now for 2K miles and works perfect. I had a kit on my 96 before I put it on the market and ran flawlessly. Here are some pics. His name is Wadecarlson

He painted his plate Flat black.

Those are stillen 5th gen charge pipes, which he had already. All youll need to fab up is a one charge pipe across your engine bay, then purchase fuel management, fuel pump, your choise of BOV, -4AN SS feed line, drain line(nissan stock front valve cover breather), and a blower unit

-matt
Old 01-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Made in Taiwan

how do I know if I am buying a V1 or V2 blower? does bolt patterns differ between the two? which one is better? more boost efficient and safe? Sorry, I am very new to this. Maybe I really need to get educated from chris'smax soon. Also, those parts that are missing to complete with your kit, where and how difficult is it to get them? what about piping?, any hard custom work?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by GodFather
how do I know if I am buying a V1 or V2 blower? does bolt patterns differ between the two? which one is better? more boost efficient and safe? Sorry, I am very new to this. Maybe I really need to get educated from chris'smax soon. Also, those parts that are missing to complete with your kit, where and how difficult is it to get them? what about piping?, any hard custom work?
The blower will be clearly marked V1 or V2. Start looking on ebay for them, head units go through there all the time. Both the V1 unit or the V2 Unit will work my plate, just make sure its Counterclockwise and Straight Discharge. You should get 1 extra psi between the V2 and V1 head unit, and the V2 is a quieter Unit. Some people like the V1 Whine !!! That parts you will need to source arent hard to find at all. Most of them can be found around this site. ATPturbo.com is a good place for the cross over pipe. 24"-22" will work. Silicone couplings can also be had there as well. The custom work will only be in having the BOV flange welded on. Thats the beaty of this kit, ALL of the custom work is done.

-matt
Old 01-23-2006, 08:48 PM

3 kits still left steve...give me a call tomorrow man. I need to talk to ya
Aye Aye Capn.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:04 PM

**UPDATE**

There are NO Kits Available as of Tuesday at 11pm Eastern Time

A Deposit from about 4 guys will be needed for me to make a run of kits.

**A Deposit of $300 per plate kit**

The price has been bumped a very tad bit to compinsate for a hike in price by my CNC Machinest. Im sorry for the bit of a price change but there really is nothing I can do about it. **See Change on Page One**

**This is a perfect Option for someone looking to SuperCharge their 95-01 Maxima in the Spring Time or Summer Time and don't have the full amount now, or want to shop around for the perfect blower** This is a good option for you !!

Each kit will still have the Optional Nickle Coating available for $150 upon request while Deposit payment is being made

Full V1 Starter Kit:

Deposit List

***For a full explination of what you will need, please return back to Page 1 of this thread***

-matt
Old 01-24-2006, 09:01 PM

Full V1 Starter Kit:

Guys, definitely look into getting this. You are getting very hard to find parts that Matty got directly from the original stillen kits.

They are very high quality. If everything works out, I will be installing mine this weekend.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:50 AM

**V1 Blower For Sale**

I picked this up off of ebay. It was recently rebuilt, the buyer told me that it was rebuilt November 05' and when I got to my house, it still has the marker hatch on the blower fins, a comman thing they do when they rebuilt the blowers at Vortech. This Blower has 300 miles on the rebuild.

This is perfect for someone that already bought a kit or wants to get on the second list and be ahead with having a blower ready to install. A blower rebuild from Vortech runs $326+shipping both ways.

$1100 + Shipping

Quick Reply: FS: *NEW* V1 S/C Plate Kits...