Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

(Pulling my hair out) s/c question

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 02:15 PM
confident nissan owner

(Pulling my hair out) s/c question

ok guys i need some serious help here. so i bought an e-manage and i'm trying to get my car tuned, i called greddy today to find out if the ignition timing harness for the e-manage works for us and they said no it burned out the coils in testing, he said to try it at my own risk. so the help i need is this.

1 has anyone else tuned timing using the emanage? i need to retard it

2 is there anything else i can use for ign timing retard tuning?

any help will be apreciated
Old 06-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Fastest Fantasy Maxima Evar

J&S Safeguard is the best route, since it can dynamically retard timing when it picks up detonation.

As for the eManage, you can use diodes(use search) or update the eManage firmware to v1.36+ version. I'd do both.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:05 AM
confident nissan owner

but is it possible to use emanage ignition harness? does it adapt to our system? yes i think diodes would help as well.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:30 AM

You could go withthe method i went with, use water injection which was very simple and saved me alot of headaches
Old 06-30-2005, 08:25 AM
confident nissan owner

do you mean methanol injection? i've heard of this it is suppose to prevent detonation. does it actually work? what kind of power gains are we talking ?
Old 06-30-2005, 10:30 AM

Yes, with the v1.36+ versions they fixed the bug that caused the eManage to keep the coils on anytime the unit was powered which overheated/burnt the coils.

Originally Posted by Nismotech1
but is it possible to use emanage ignition harness? does it adapt to our system? yes i think diodes would help as well.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:51 AM

do you mean methanol injection? i've heard of this it is suppose to prevent detonation. does it actually work? what kind of power gains are we talking ?

I am using a 80/20% mixture of water/alcohol to prevent detonation. I assume it works becuase my car runs perfect according to the guy that tunes my car. I am still going to get the emanage timming harness to pull a tad of timming for the summer time heat. i am not sure about power gains but i do know y2kevse made 300whp on 9 psi(Supercharged 2000 automatic) with this stuff so that right there sounds good to me
Old 07-03-2005, 07:57 AM
confident nissan owner

hey chris where did you get your kit?

and ice how do i get that software upgrade? i just got my emanage but it's from japan. and when i talked to greddy they said in testing they kept burning out coils. but they never said why, he did menton i might be able to make it work if i used some diodes.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:02 AM

and ice how do i get that software upgrade? i just got my emanage but it's from japan. and when i talked to greddy they said in testing they kept burning out coils. but they never said why, he did menton i might be able to make it work if i used some diodes.

check out coolingmist.com Call the guy who owns the company and tell him what you have and he will point you towards the right kit you need
Old 07-03-2005, 11:53 AM

http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/index.html

Scroll down to the Manuals, FAQs, Firmware section for the Blue eManage.

Old 07-03-2005, 01:08 PM

Appearantly the burnt coil problem was a software problem, so if you upgrade you should be good, but here are directions for the diodes install.

For the Emanage Ignition Harness to work all that is needed is to have a
rectifier Diode installed on the output side of harness. The Diode needed is
a 1N4077.

Just finished my first decent tune with Godspeed and made 317 hp on a 95 degree day with 80+ humidity.

I have emanage but my tuner refuses to use the timing harness. I asked again why he wouldn't use it and he said the reason is that the computer will be fooled by the emanage for awhile and you will be able to pull out the timing you need, but eventually the three sensors cam, crank and not sure of the other one right now will eventually send data to the ecu that hey I am seeing 25 degrees instead of the 35 the ecu is prgrammed for so then the ecu will add in 20 degrees to compensate for the 10 you pulled and it will be back to the 35 degrees it wants. So my alternative was:

Not JWT they suck (not that know first hand just what I have read here and every tuner I have spoke with says they have problems dealing with them) and they use different software than Tech Tom.

So Iwent with a Tech tom Technosquare ECU and am using Emanaage to just clean up the A/F ratio a little (because I already had it). ALso I am still using the A32 maf which is maxed out so I am using the greddy boost sensor for fuel correction to a 12.1 ratio.

I do still have some problems though as this is the first S/C program T/S has done and I am still working on getting it just right. But until the end of summer I am gonna live with it.

heres Godspeeds number Dan can definately help you out if he's not too busy, he is really good!

www.godspeedinc.com
248-305-8140
248-305-8150