Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

400cc injector install problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 01:37 PM

400cc injector install problems

I think I figured out the cause.... but here is the story.

I figured I would get all the preliminary stuff done before I turbocharge. Well, I put in the 300zx injectors and I noticed smoke coming out of the muffler. It was white so i knew it wasnt oil... As it ran longer fuel began dripping out of the exhaust and I cut the engine. I pulled off the upper intake again and noticed that one phelm had fuel lying on top of the valves. i thought maybe the 0-ring wasnt seated right so i changed the o ring and replaced (actually swapped a front one with the rear one incase it was a faulty injector).

Still the same problem... So i put the stock 3 back in the front and the smoke seemed less.

Im thinking that the 400cc with the walbro fuel pump is just delivering way too much fuel for the N/A engine. I guess I will just have to wait till Im actually turbo'ed to put these in.

Any one else ever try running the 400cc N/A and get white smoke and fuel drips?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Oblongshapes

I figured I would get all the preliminary stuff done before I turbocharge. Well, I put in the 300zx injectors and I noticed smoke coming out of the muffler. It was white so i knew it wasnt oil... As it ran longer fuel began dripping out of the exhaust and I cut the engine. I pulled off the upper intake again and noticed that one phelm had fuel lying on top of the valves. i thought maybe the 0-ring wasnt seated right so i changed the o ring and replaced (actually swapped a front one with the rear one incase it was a faulty injector).

Still the same problem... So i put the stock 3 back in the front and the smoke seemed less.

Im thinking that the 400cc with the walbro fuel pump is just delivering way too much fuel for the N/A engine. I guess I will just have to wait till Im actually turbo'ed to put these in.

Thanks
Well you got bad results with the 370cc Injectors and now you wanna go UP to 400cc ?? Am I missing something

-matt
Old 05-07-2005, 02:13 PM

no they are 300zx injectors that flow 400
Old 05-07-2005, 04:32 PM

how are you controlling these injectors? Did you try lowering base FP?
Old 05-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by Oblongshapes

Thanks
Well, being NA and idling have nothing to do with each other. Even if you had a turbo installed, the car at idle is the same.

If you have not turned down base fuel pressure with an AFPR, have a walbro installed, and running an A32 MAF, then your dumping a tone of fuel.

I am also confuesed by your post. Your using a faulty injector? You put in 3 stock injectors and 3 400cc injectors? Please clairify.

Doing preliminary installs before the turbo goes on is a good idea. But that is for such things as the fuel pump, any guages, battery relocation. I would not have just installed 400cc injectors without any means to control them.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:39 PM
A couple of Blaxxx's? Lawls.

did you adjust base fp?
Old 05-07-2005, 07:54 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Sounds like a bad o-ring, maybe it's torn.

I have 400 cc injectors in the car, 255 fuel pump, base FP, AND Z32 maf. Car runs fine. NA, BTW.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Make sure you grease up the O-rings, use motor oil or such to grease them. Like Bags said it is probably a torn O-ring(s), hence the white smoke and the fuel out the exhaust. Check and grease the O-rings.

-Nick