Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

put on 2.87 pulley & now belt rubs

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 10:08 PM
VQ Wizard

I just spoke to the shop owner of www.cprace.com about setting up a group deal on T/E upgrades. I will check back with him in a couple of days to see if he can get a better deal worked out with Vortech. But if I do this I will need the SERIOUS people to come forward so we know how many to set the deal up for.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by chris'smax
Who is upgrading to the T trim? I was looking at doing something like that but didn't know for sure that i could.
im not sure which one i have t or e trim but when i blew my brand new V2 stillen upgraded me to the next blower to handle my set up for a couple hundred dollars more. just yesterday i called stillen to find out why my s/c is making louder noises and cricket sounds like the V1 but after reading some posts here it might be true about the trims making as much noise as the V1. i have to call vortech with a r/a # mon to find out if this is normal or is something wrong with my blower. my first impression was did they put a V1 blower in my V2 case. what i did notice off the back is its response is a little more precise when you hit the peddle like the power is on tap compared to the stock V2 but i havent had a chance to tear it up yet until the car is broken in just had a complete motor upgrade for the sec time in 4 months.
i blew it racing a couple of org members, i snapped on of my teeth on the crankshaft causing my timing chain to slip and bend all my valves.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:00 AM
VQ Wizard

It sounds like you have the T trim because of what you described. A T trim is a V1 based compressor wheel and it will make more noise than a V1 S trim. The power will come on quicker and it will make more of it.
The trim should be stamped on the serial plate on the top of the blower.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by C MAX
im not sure which one i have t or e trim but when i blew my brand new V2 stillen upgraded me to the next blower to handle my set up for a couple hundred dollars more. just yesterday i called stillen to find out why my s/c is making louder noises and cricket sounds like the V1 but after reading some posts here it might be true about the trims making as much noise as the V1. i have to call vortech with a r/a # mon to find out if this is normal or is something wrong with my blower. my first impression was did they put a V1 blower in my V2 case. what i did notice off the back is its response is a little more precise when you hit the peddle like the power is on tap compared to the stock V2 but i havent had a chance to tear it up yet until the car is broken in just had a complete motor upgrade for the sec time in 4 months.
i blew it racing a couple of org members, i snapped on of my teeth on the crankshaft causing my timing chain to slip and bend all my valves.

CMAX, how much was it to do the upgrade?
Old 12-05-2004, 09:03 AM
VQ Wizard

Vortech charges $875 to upgrade to a T.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
Vortech charges $875 to upgrade to a T.
i think it was 600 for me because of a long wait. they had promised me a 3 day turn around and it wound up taking 2 months. i had to pay storage time to the shop doing the work so they compensated.
Old 04-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Grave robbery

Originally Posted by Chunger
Don't know if this will help:

Chunger,

My belt is rubbing with the 3.25 installed. Looking at your picture, do I need to grind down my plate where the smaller red circle on the left is? As far as the post conflict, I think I only have to shave it down slightly, not a complete chop.

Do you know the smallest pulley you can run w/o grinding/chopping the leg? Probably the next size up...3.33?

Thanks.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:44 AM
My other car is a Hybrid

Sorry, I just got back from a 17 day jury duty...

I cut down the two red circle areas for my 3.12" pulley... You MAY not need to do it for the 3.33" but it's better to play it safe.

I chose not to REMOVE the whole post because of the "possible" bracket rigidity/alignment problems that MAY cause the belt to come off. I've never thrown a belt and plan to keep it that way.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the reply.
Ptatohed and I opted to grind the leg too on my V2 plate. We feel exactly how you do about chopping it off completely. And besides, I don't think I'll ever go smaller than a 3.25 pulley. As far as the other little circle on the left, we shaved it a little bit, but upon further inspection, it doesn't appear to be a problem child.

James

Originally Posted by Chunger
Sorry, I just got back from a 17 day jury duty...

I cut down the two red circle areas for my 3.12" pulley... You MAY not need to do it for the 3.33" but it's better to play it safe.

I chose not to REMOVE the whole post because of the "possible" bracket rigidity/alignment problems that MAY cause the belt to come off. I've never thrown a belt and plan to keep it that way.