Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

SC + dry N20 setup questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

SC + dry N20 setup questions

Matt (mardigrasmax), I know you have experience with this setup. I hope you see this thread. =)

I currently am running a big dry shot of N2O (100-125 shot). I would like to purchase a SC in the near future. My current fuel system mods include the Walbro high pressure fuel pump along with a SARD FPR.

1) What shot of N2O would be best with a SC? I'm thinking 35 or 50 shot. Or is a 50 shot too much?

2) How would I tune this SC + dry N20 setup?

3) What fuel pressure would I be seeing while boosting and spraying?
Old 03-22-2004, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by CalsonicSE
Matt (mardigrasmax), I know you have experience with this setup. I hope you see this thread. =)

I currently am running a big dry shot of N2O (100-125 shot). I would like to purchase a SC in the near future. My current fuel system mods include the Walbro high pressure fuel pump along with a SARD FPR.

1) What shot of N2O would be best with a SC? I'm thinking 35 or 50 shot. Or is a 50 shot too much?

if you go s/c then 125 is definitley out of the question. you will definitely need for your fmu to be able to adjust . jwt computer does fine for me.
i have run a 100 dry shot but not all the time the car is already crazy with just the s/c 14lb set up. i would start at 30 shot and work my way up. get it dynod first to see exactly where you stand. a lot of work was done to get mine to run with a 100 shot dry. but damn i tell you, you
better hold on to your seat cause just when you think you can't go any faster hit that switch and hold your breathcause that bich is gonna take off.. your talking about a 11 sec car for sure...
Old 03-22-2004, 09:14 AM

if you go s/c then 125 is definitley out of the question. you will definitely need for your fmu to be able to adjust . jwt computer does fine for me.
i have run a 100 dry shot but not all the time the car is already crazy with just the s/c 14lb set up. i would start at 30 shot and work my way up. get it dynod first to see exactly where you stand. a lot of work was done to get mine to run with a 100 shot dry. but damn i tell you, you
better hold on to your seat cause just when you think you can't go any faster hit that switch and hold your breathcause that bich is gonna take off.. your talking about a 11 sec car for sure...
http://members.cardomain.com/whoamax
Old 03-22-2004, 10:04 AM

Have you considered a wet shot insteadof dry?
Old 03-22-2004, 12:00 PM

The most N2O I'd run with a SC (~10psi) would be a 50 shot? Even that is probably too much for stock injectors. I dunno. I'm just not too sure how to tune the SC + dry kit.

Yeah, I've considered converting to a wet shot. I know it'd be easier to tune. First tune the SC-only setup...for the next dyno, boost & spray...go over your SC + wet shot dyno....and adjust the fuel jet as necessary.

I want to see how much more difficult it'd be to tune the dry kit (since I already have it) and see if my stock fuel injectors would be able to handle it. Don't wanna spend anymore money. haha....but yeah I know, you gotta pay to play.

If I do a wet kit though...I definitely try out a 150 shot first. =) Hmmm....what's quicker? 150 shot or SC (~10psi) + 35/50 shot? A 125shot already feels pretty nice...esp with the VI - power pulls all the way to redline...it doesn't drop off at all like the USIM.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:07 AM

I dont think N2O will affect the fuel pressure.

your boosted fuel pressure depends on how are you going to setup your SC:
a.boost reference FMU with stock injector
b.boost refernce FMU with 370cc injectors
c.JWT ECU with 370cc injectors.

a - this will give you the highest boosted fuel pressure. depends on which FMU disc you are getting.
b - a lot lower than a because you are using smaller ratio FMU with bigger injectors.
c - not too sure. should be running on stock fuel pressure.

a and b follows this calculation.

boosted fuel pressure = (FMU ratio * peak boost) + (base fuel pressure / 2)

so I was running on a 8:1 FMU @ 10 psi and my base fuel p. was 42.
8 * 10 + 42/2 = 102psi of fuel pressure.