Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Tell of your most exhilarating boost moment

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 07:09 AM

Tell of your most exhilarating boost moment

have any of you ever had that moment when your just happy to have boost.. here's mine..
i was driving on the highway the other nite,and i just had some upgrades done.. i was cruising about 50 at 1AM in the morning
and road was pretty empty. i said what the hell let me boost.. and hit the pedal and the front wheels spun out , pulled the car to the side, whipped out the back like it was rear wheel drive and took off.. oh-my-god..i took my foot off the pedal with that look in my eye, i was in love..
what a good nite sleep i had that nite.. now i know why i invest so much money into my car . these freakin max's are one hell of a car to hook up..
Old 02-06-2004, 08:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by C MAX
have any of you ever had that moment when your just happy to have boost.. here's mine..
i was driving on the highway the other nite,and i just had some upgrades done.. i was cruising about 50 at 1AM in the morning
and road was pretty empty. i said what the hell let me boost.. and hit the pedal and the front wheels spun out , pulled the car to the side, whipped out the back like it was rear wheel drive and took off.. oh-my-god..i took my foot off the pedal with that look in my eye, i was in love..
what a good nite sleep i had that nite.. now i know why i invest so much money into my car . these freakin max's are one hell of a car to hook up..
Here's mine, as told by the guy in the Mustang GT on the Texas Racing Scene forum in a thread titled "Just Got Waxed By A Turbo Maxima" (he thought I was turbo'd):

"GAWD DAMN that thig is fast, and is one hell of a sleeper. We went from a stop, I jumped out, then he comes creeping up, then see you later. I heard that thing spool up and I knew I was in trouble. Watch out south Austin boys, it will give you one hell of a run. The car is a black Maxima, 95-99 model, with dual A pillar gauges, and some older guy driving."

I like that last part about the older guy driving. He was probably more surprised about that than by being beaten by a Maxima.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:31 AM
OG :)

hahahahahaha that was classic!
Old 02-06-2004, 08:35 AM
RIP '98 Maxima SE

There was the time when I was lined up with a Porsche 928 at a light. It was a three laner just before rush hour and he was in the curb lane and I was in the center lane of the 3 lanes. I knew he was going to gun it and then pull up in front of me. Well, I would have none of that and just stomped it when the light turned green. He ran out of room in the curb lane and had to stop because of parked cars. I was side by side with him and gave him no quarter. My buddy riding with me sure got a kick out of that!
Old 02-06-2004, 10:33 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

The time I ran a 2000+ C5 vette on the highway. It was pretty even. Then I was in love.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:54 AM

us hooked up maximas have a name for them 5.slow (: i know that felt good .. did you show him the crutch..
Old 02-10-2004, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by bags533
The time I ran a 2000+ C5 vette on the highway. It was pretty even. Then I was in love.
When you were auto or when you switched over to 5-speed?
Old 02-10-2004, 07:20 PM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

Originally Posted by spanishrice
When you were auto or when you switched over to 5-speed?

5-spd
Old 02-10-2004, 08:27 PM

my favorite boost moment was when my waste gate was setup incorrectly and i was boosting 15 psi

it was awesome though. i had only went to about 2000-2500 rpm in first gear then shifted to second and gave it full throttle. the tires just started spinning and i was like wtf?!? turned around down the road and gunned it in first and the noise from the turbo was just insane and the tires broke loose yet again. i couldn't figure out what was going on so i checked my s-afc and it read a knock of 200+. that freaked me out but i didn't know why it was happening so i turned around down the road again and watched the boost gauge. put it in second gear at a low rpm and gave it full throttle. boost gauge quickly shot up to 15 psi and the tires broke loose yet again. it was a very scary moment but it was awesome. i can't wait to get the aftercooler on this thing so i can keep it at 15 psi.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:40 PM
I love lamp.

Well I was taking iansw car on a test drive, just after we put the 3.125 pulley on. Was driving down the freeway, decided to drop into 3rd at about 60 and just let her boost. However, I had forgotten that there was a very popular speed trap coming up on the freeway. After I passed it, I realized that there was a speed trap. Slowed down and moved the right lane on the freeway. Then I decide to get off the freeway, and as I get off, a Washington State Patrol car goes speeding by with lights and everything in the left lane. Keep in mind this exit is like maybe a mile away from the speed trap. Very exhilerating....but at the same time, scared me ****less because it wasn't my car.

S
Old 02-11-2004, 08:07 AM

I have alot of those stories, let me a pick a couple

cruising about 9PM and I run into a WS6. The guy was laughing at me and my brother and I roll down the window and point forward. I downshifted and off we went. Pulled on him almost instantly. He could not believe it. Loving my turbo set up.

W/the SCer setup I got dusted many times by this SCed Z28. After I got my turbo up and running I raced this guy three more times. He got me 3 out of 3 but just the fact that I was able to hang at his doors was just enough to put a big smile on my face. That car is very fast.
Old 02-11-2004, 09:04 AM

i had another good boosting moment.. some of the n.y members might of heard this story.. there was this b.mw pic in n.y.. i was the only max and a s4 turbo everybody else b.m.w.. we were on the sprain pkwy and i was doing about 55.. a 330 turbo and a 540 came side by side of me
with a s4 turbo in the rear.. my girl says there messing with you.
then bam! they take off and i trail.. then s4 took lead the 330 sec
and i was third.. i hit boost immediatley and shot by all of them pulled about ten cars then slowed back down.. by the time we got to the park.. i swear on my mother.. they litteratly tried to climb under my car to see what the f--k i had.. they said they were embarrased to get whupped by a max. they are still in shock to this day, we are very well respected in this part of town thanks to maxi.. still in love...
Old 02-11-2004, 10:02 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

My most exhilarating moment was back in early 1998 (or maybe late 1997...that period of time was just a rush for me) when I was running my turboed VW Bug down PCH 1 (from LA area) towards Pt. Hueneme Naval Weapons test Facility, gunned it to pass this old bastard in a station wagon, and had my flywheel seperate from the crank (at ~6000 RPM in third gear). I literally thought I was rammed by the old guy in the station wagon, until I realized my engine was no longer running (and I was trailing all kinds of debris and fluid...and smoke...and fire). Needless to say, the car was totaled. I'm lucky that I didn't get killed...
Old 02-11-2004, 10:32 AM

mine was when i first had the SC installed.
me and irvine78(hoon) went for a ride. we pull out onto the street and i was babying the hell out of my car. hoon braced himself ready for me to gun it. after a few secound i hear awwwww come on man WTF what are you doing floor it. i was like im scared i want to get use to it. he kept biching and biching. so i slowly started gasing the max. i was caught in 4th(auto) on the street and as i slow started to accellerate i kept hearing floor it, floor it stop being a bich. so i stomped on the pedal. auto desides to down shift to 2nd got torque steer and rpm jumped from about 3k all the way up to like 6k. scared the living crap out of both of us. we were like ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... i panic and release the gas me and hoon were like OMG.... needless to say we did speed limit going back to the shop.
Old 02-11-2004, 02:24 PM

My best experience with my S/C was when I was cruisin on my stockies and this riced out VW Jetta 1.8T cut me off and started haulin **** intimedating me. So I gunned it catchin up to him....so he punched it....and then I let him have it....maxed out my ....shhhh...speed limit in a matter of seconds, he could noteven catchup...yeh I know stupid move..
Old 02-11-2004, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by maximase86
Well I was taking iansw car on a test drive, just after we put the 3.125 pulley on. Was driving down the freeway, decided to drop into 3rd at about 60 and just let her boost. However, I had forgotten that there was a very popular speed trap coming up on the freeway. After I passed it, I realized that there was a speed trap. Slowed down and moved the right lane on the freeway. Then I decide to get off the freeway, and as I get off, a Washington State Patrol car goes speeding by with lights and everything in the left lane. Keep in mind this exit is like maybe a mile away from the speed trap. Very exhilerating....but at the same time, scared me ****less because it wasn't my car.

S
"Yeah - I'll just drive it around the block"

45 minutes later you come back into the driveway.

Best moment? Last weekend. G35c with rims and Exhaust tried to cut me off....from 65 all the way to 130mph or so.....8 car lengths.

Slowed down, and I got a "ricer flyby" from a G35c!! I thought those guys had more class.

He's probably looking to sell his car right now because he thought it was fast.

Old 02-11-2004, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by iansw
"Yeah - I'll just drive it around the block"

45 minutes later you come back into the driveway.

Best moment? Last weekend. G35c with rims and Exhaust tried to cut me off....from 65 all the way to 130mph or so.....8 car lengths.

Slowed down, and I got a "ricer flyby" from a G35c!! I thought those guys had more class.

He's probably looking to sell his car right now because he thought it was fast.

Hells yeah I like that one ran into a hooked up 350Z yesterday but not a good idea to run him. Bad situation I was in. Wet, curvy and had a passenger with me.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by JAY25
Hells yeah I like that one ran into a hooked up 350Z yesterday but not a good idea to run him. Bad situation I was in. Wet, curvy and had a passenger with me.
i had the stock pulley on, was leaking oil out of the chain drive case on the belt which had 3 ribs left since i burnt the others off. full tank of gas with my 85lbs solo 12 in the trunk and my brother with me. on 95 this mustang gt with custom hood scoop and stuff came up beside us. he looked over and gave that "im going to smoke you look" going about 60mph. so i dropped down to 3rd and ran side by side to about 90mph. i went to 4th and watched the guys jaw drop going about 120mph and pulled hard laughing. went to about 140mph and slowed down. dude came back up beside us with thumbs up and smilling like a little school girl. wow, if he only knew i was running with that handicap, that felt good. of course there are so many more since then but.....
Old 02-21-2004, 07:43 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

when my axle blew at the top of 4th gear in full boost, oh that was fun.
Old 02-21-2004, 01:49 PM
UCF Lexus

Originally Posted by bags533

That WAS fun
Old 02-21-2004, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by thebigsadler
when my axle blew at the top of 4th gear in full boost, oh that was fun.
Ouch I would have freaked out.
Old 02-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Granny Driven

i had another good boosting moment.. some of the n.y members might of heard this story.. there was this b.mw pic in n.y.. i was the only max and a s4 turbo everybody else b.m.w.. we were on the sprain pkwy and i was doing about 55.. a 330 turbo and a 540 came side by side of me
and i was third.. i hit boost immediatley and shot by all of them pulled about ten cars then slowed back down.. by the time we got to the park.. i swear on my mother.. they litteratly tried to climb under my car to see what the f--k i had.. they said they were embarrased to get whupped by a max. they are still in shock to this day, we are very well respected in this part of town thanks to maxi.. still in love...

And that was with a 3.60 pulley?
Old 02-21-2004, 09:36 PM

most exhilarating boost moment ????

when the car started after installation...no kidding
Old 02-21-2004, 09:49 PM

haha i would feel the same way

what a relief
Old 02-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by spanishrice
Ouch I would have freaked out.
it felt like someone took the wheel and pulled it as hard as they could to the right.. when I was on the side of the road i was literally kissing my wilwoods
Old 02-22-2004, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by 190hpKiLLA
And that was with a 3.60 pulley?
3.33 pulley running only 9 lbs of boost at the time. but what about the rest of the set-up.. OH, thats what got them too.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Granny Driven

3.33 pulley running only 9 lbs of boost at the time. but what about the rest of the set-up.. OH, thats what got them too.

U told me u were running a custom STILLIN 20PSI set-up and ur car does 12sec 1320.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:31 AM

U told me u were running a custom STILLIN 20PSI set-up and ur car does 12sec 1320.
when i ran those guys last summer, i was only working with three hundred horsepower. now its a totally diffrent story. i havent been to the track since my upgrades or the dyno.. thats why i didnt throw numbers out to the org until i have the facts.. and also im working on the 20lb thing didnt happen yet. but i tell you what, lets link up anytime and let the car talk to you... i promise you , you will have nothing but nice things to say..
Old 03-13-2004, 11:46 AM

yesterday i was minding my business when my boy pulled , up in the new
acura tl 270hp auto. he tells me now he thinks he can take me, because
i blew his 2002 type s out the window. well anyway i told him you cant be serious ihave 271 hp you cant beat me well to make a long story short. he wants to get the nx cause his wittle 270 just cant hang
Old 03-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

What color was the 330 turbo I want to check if I know that car I am
a member of the club that had the BMW event . however I was not at that event . I thought I knew all the FI bmw in that area . thanks for the
info
Old 03-16-2004, 09:22 PM
350 Detroit Muscle

I love getting thrown back in my sit.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by turbojunky
What color was the 330 turbo I want to check if I know that car I am
a member of the club that had the BMW event . however I was not at that event . I thought I knew all the FI bmw in that area . thanks for the
info
im not sure exactly what color but the guy who lead the event had a bmw x-5 truck.. he'll never forget me. but the guys that i was really afraid of didn't come with us so i was spared...yeh just ask anyone about the green maxima that ruled that picnic...
Old 03-17-2004, 06:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

im not sure exactly what color but the guy who lead the event had a bmw x-5 truck.. he'll never forget me. but the guys that i was really afraid of didn't come with us so i was spared...yeh just ask anyone about the green maxima that ruled that picnic...

Thanks for the reply I heard about your car . I will ask around for that
330 turbo thanks : have fun boosting
Old 03-17-2004, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by turbojunky
Thanks for the reply I heard about your car . I will ask around for that
330 turbo thanks : have fun boosting
what area are you from. i know they want me bad. maybe i better
stay away this summer
Old 03-17-2004, 08:17 AM

mine : BOV went off right in front of two cops who just pulled over a car on the other side of the road. Yup, they stopped what they were doing. Yup, they stepped forward and looked for which car was responsible for that WOOSH noise.

my BOV went off aftering smoking this riced-out integra and I let off the pedal after I saw these two cops.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Granny Driven

I see your still bull****ting 3 years later about beating evos and SRT4's. So did you ever get that "custom 20psi pulley"????? LOL
Old 02-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Granny Driven

i hit boost immediatley

Did you also hit "full boost" at 3000 RPM with a supercharger?
Old 02-09-2006, 04:17 PM
SLOW

In my own car - beating that modded Z06.

In any car - riding shotgun with the video camera in my buddy's TT 350Z and smacking the 996 Turbo next to us after the broad in the passenger seat got done saying "It's not even worth it... this is a PORSCHE that's a NISSAN. Don't even try it." I think after they got a 3 car hit and we ran them down, the guy probably told his girl to STFU in the fiture.

Both of these are on video.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:34 PM

Did you also hit "full boost" at 3000 RPM with a supercharger?
yep and i smoked your bull**** car you sold to meccanoble too
Old 02-09-2006, 05:25 PM

back then when i had my boosted civic (built singal cam with t3/04E at 20psi ) my tires would break loose from 1st all the wya to 4th redline. Suprised many ricers and a lot of M3/Evolution/STI/Supra/GT/240s and such.

When i was trying to sell the civic i took some kid out for a test drive (me driving , of course lol), i stomp it in 1st gear and the kid got scared and grabbed the "oh ****" bar as quick as he can, i took it all the way to 3 digit :P . on the way back he (same goes to a lot of other ppl) said they`ve rode in so many turbo honda and never thought it could be as fast as mine...i`ve never been happier then hearing that.

Boost is additive. and that`s why i am going to boost the maxima

Quick Reply: Tell of your most exhilarating boost moment