Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Tell of your most exhilarating boost moment

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
In my own car - beating that modded Z06.

In any car - riding shotgun with the video camera in my buddy's TT 350Z and smacking the 996 Turbo next to us after the broad in the passenger seat got done saying "It's not even worth it... this is a PORSCHE that's a NISSAN. Don't even try it." I think after they got a 3 car hit and we ran them down, the guy probably told his girl to STFU in the fiture.

Both of these are on video.
If I could see that vid would you link it or something? I had a bunch of vids you sent me like 6 months ago but my hd took a nosedive, dundy.

Was in a friends built sr20 swapped 240 with a silva front swap. Turbo diesel hick flicked us off and smoked us out, dave dropped it in 2nd and floored it and we quickly pulled like 5 lengths. The hicks gave us a 'hat-nod' and turned off.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Granny Driven

Originally Posted by C MAX
yep and i smoked your bull**** car you sold to meccanoble too
I dont know if its fair to say you smoked my car.

It was NA when I sold it to him.
Later I also sold him my blower from another maxima. So technically both parts equal to one slow car lol

or was it running with a half *** turbo kit? LOL
Old 02-09-2006, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by 190hpKiLLA
I dont know if its fair to say you smoked my car.

It was NA when I sold it to him.
Later I also sold him my blower from another maxima. So technically both parts equal to one slow car lol

or was it running with a half *** turbo kit? LOL
Ah don't conceid, this is where you pm him .
Old 02-10-2006, 12:37 AM
SLOW

Wow I don't usually get caught by these but I missed this one. 2 year old thread and I posted in it like it was new...
Old 02-10-2006, 02:49 AM
mjk
Head shot!!!

In any car - riding shotgun with the video camera in my buddy's TT 350Z and smacking the 996 Turbo next to us after the broad in the passenger seat got done saying "It's not even worth it... this is a PORSCHE that's a NISSAN. Don't even try it." I think after they got a 3 car hit and we ran them down, the guy probably told his girl to STFU in the fiture.

is it on the web?
Old 02-10-2006, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by chilled
Ah don't conceid, this is where you pm him .
nah me and val are cool he's just messing with me, lol. 190hpkilla's car was a beast it wasnt a easy kill.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:02 AM

Being accused of juicing after a little hwy kill always does it for me.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:48 AM
brotherhood of tq

And that was with a 3.60 pulley?
u keep thinking that.....
Old 02-10-2006, 12:04 PM

I see your still bull****ting 3 years later about beating evos and SRT4's. So did you ever get that "custom 20psi pulley"????? LOL
just to think if i would have told you of the secret 40psi pulley im running now
the whole world would know,lol. there are people in this post who saw me destroy a srt4 and your car in the same day right liqidvenom .
Old 02-10-2006, 12:11 PM
brotherhood of tq

it was a good day...until someone had to be towed home...lol
Old 02-10-2006, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
it was a good day...until someone had to be towed home...lol
oh god dont remind me lol, and still won with a blown motor.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:05 PM
Granny Driven

Originally Posted by C MAX
nah me and val are cool he's just messing with me, lol. 190hpkilla's car was a beast it wasnt a easy kill.
I cant believe you still have the maxima. Its been a while.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:23 PM

I cant believe you still have the maxima. Its been a while.
man i done went thru three motors already and aint quit yet,lol. you know i was trying to push the limits and had to learn the hardway. but i got it down pat now no more blown motors for me . plus its strictly a hobby car now.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:13 AM

There just something So satifying about pulling vettes.. ... i think it might be because they least expect it.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well I guess mine would be beating up on this fox body mustang one day. The mustang was modded,but heres how it went. I was sitting at the light really not paying him any attention lighing reving my car trying to keep it running because of some ideling issues. He hollers over take that toy home boy. Well when the light turned green I lightley lauch trying to keep traction and he jumps right out in front but then shen i could really start to gun in 2nd I start to pull on him and past him in third. Wow the look on his face. I heard that the same mustang was punch out and had cams in it. But Ill never forget him say "take that toy home boy" Then in third the look on his face when i run around him
Old 02-11-2006, 07:11 AM
mjk
Head shot!!!

Originally Posted by 93turbo gxe
Well I guess mine would be beating up on this fox body mustang one day. The mustang was modded,but heres how it went. I was sitting at the light really not paying him any attention lighing reving my car trying to keep it running because of some ideling issues. He hollers over take that toy home boy. Well when the light turned green I lightley lauch trying to keep traction and he jumps right out in front but then shen i could really start to gun in 2nd I start to pull on him and past him in third. Wow the look on his face. I heard that the same mustang was punch out and had cams in it. But Ill never forget him say "take that toy home boy" Then in third the look on his face when i run around him
nice, I hate big talkers...
Old 02-11-2006, 05:45 PM

Hey can we get a link to the 350z video?
Old 02-11-2006, 06:23 PM
The Crazy Azz Cracka

This stoy is a smashing victory and a crushing defeat al in one. On a Friday night just past 11PM, I had just picked up two guys and a chick to head to Knoxville to party and to watch the Vols football game the next night. As I pull on I 24 north I see 4 cars I know lining up for a race. Apparently they had all been talking trash at the track and wanted to squash the dispute. Nick is in the far left lane in a modded Lighting, right of him is Rich in a WS6 with exhaust and some other little crap, some doush in a fox body mustang with skinnies in the front, and a mullet, then Carl in Nissan 240 with a SR20DET swap, still using the factory side mount intercooler.
I pull in behind Carl in the far right lane as they slowed down to 30 MPH. By this point no one had noticed me behind the group. 3 honks and they took off. The Lighting and WS6 start pulling every one by a car lenth, then an exit lane a mile long opens up and I pull around the 240 and start to even up on the WS6 and Lighting. Then I notice in the rear view mirror there are a set of headlights right on my trunk lid! I pull out of the exit lane back on the interstate, and all I can hear is a freight train air horn and a turbo so big I think it going to suck my car in! I pull half a car on the Lightning and WS6 when an extended cab Cummins Ram on 35" tires, and 6 foot stacks behind the cab, passes me and pulls a lenth on me! At that point we were doing 120 and my ego was crushed. I found out later that truck puts down 600 hp and 1000fptq, so I can't feel that bad about it. I've never had wood so fast then deflate within 10 seconds.

Love,
Choray
Old 02-11-2006, 07:08 PM

I have a few classics:

1. Was in Longmont one weekend night to check out the pimp rides everyone had. One guy was revving his engine activating his BOV so I decided to do a burnout. I didn't see the cop sitting on the corner at the stop light ahead, he was facing the other way at the time I guess. I quickly stopped my burnout and the cop turns down our street. I was thinking oh ****, I am done for. He looked at several cars in front of me and at the car in front of me ... nope probably wasn't him cos he was driving a Corolla (stock) came further in and looked at me ... nah couldn't be a 4 door Maxima! and proceeded down the street. There was a long line of us at the stop light. He never could figure it out! I love the Sleeper look!

2. Second time was when I was pulling out of a parking lot and there was a 300ZX TT behind me. I took a while to exit left out of the lot cuz there were a lot of cars. I guess he got a little impatient cuz he started revving a little and inching forward. Well when I got a break, I pulled out across the road (two lanes) he passed me in a high rev angry manner (that's when I saw that it was a turbo), I decided to gun it ... I passed him so fast, he didn't know what hit him! I could see the whites in his eyes (they were big ... even in the distance) Haha.

3. Guy with a Porsche (turbo) had been following me through traffic and was also getting a little impatient. Finally we pull up at a stop light side by side, first in line. He revs his engine a little as the other lights turn red. He guns it and gets a jump on me ... those things a fast out of the hole. He starts to signal right (he was in the left lane). My GT35R spooled very quick and he turned his head (either to check safe to maneuver or he heard my BOV as I shifted). As his head turned backwards, I passed him so fast, he does a jerk of the steering wheel to the left again cuz he wasn't expecting me to be even close. I watched him in my rear my rear view mirror. I could see his gaping mouth as he moved into the right lane after I passed him. Hehehe!
Old 02-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Custom User Title

In this kid's 500awhp Talon.

Alsmost had a heart attack when he went WOT.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:29 AM
Proud of his GroceryGetter!!!!

This actually happened friday night, I was driving down I-95 South toward daydreams at about 2am when this yellow porsche gets next to me and starts pacing me, now i have 4 poeple in the car so we gun it from about 65 to about 140 and he got about 5-6 cars on me (im only boosing 4lbs till after this tues when my mevi and wideband go in + tunning) the next thing i see is a cop car on my a$$ have no idea where he came from, he turns his lights on and i **** myself in the car and im like im going to jail cause he musta trapped us doing about 120+ and right after he turns the lights on and gives me a heartattack he shifts lanes very fast and pulls over the porsche, the rest of the way i drove 55 and not a mile over.....SCARY!!!!