3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

to those with camber bolts

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 03:24 PM

to those with camber bolts

is the alignment thrown off a big after a hard turn? i know it was like this in my old sentra but it just plain old blows. i want it to be perfect all the time damnit anyone else experience this? maybe its just not tightened down enough?
Old 05-07-2002, 08:48 PM
Conecarver

Although I've got a 4th gen I wanted to reply since I spent 2.5hrs doing alignment yesterday. (Eibach pro springs, Stillen camber plates, Specprod camber bolts).

I found after cornering my springs would bind up and remember the last corner I took. 3 right turns and it would pull right on the next straight. Left skidpad and it would pull left on the same straight.

First we tried some lube on the upper strut ball joint but that didn't solve it. Still got a huge clunk as the spring released or spun up top. Finally we solved by going more positive on the camber and taking some of the pressure off. (Could've been my old springs & hardware, or the fact we were playing beyond -2.0 camber)
Old 05-07-2002, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by BEJAY1
Although I've got a 4th gen I wanted to reply since I spent 2.5hrs doing alignment yesterday. (Eibach pro springs, Stillen camber plates, Specprod camber bolts).

I found after cornering my springs would bind up and remember the last corner I took. 3 right turns and it would pull right on the next straight. Left skidpad and it would pull left on the same straight.

First we tried some lube on the upper strut ball joint but that didn't solve it. Still got a huge clunk as the spring released or spun up top. Finally we solved by going more positive on the camber and taking some of the pressure off. (Could've been my old springs & hardware, or the fact we were playing beyond -2.0 camber)
thanks for the info. i got some usefull info off 4dsc.com
http://www.4dsc.com/discussion/messages/60170.html
Old 05-07-2002, 10:44 PM

Re: to those with camber bolts

Originally posted by spyhunter
is the alignment thrown off a big after a hard turn? i know it was like this in my old sentra but it just plain old blows. i want it to be perfect all the time damnit anyone else experience this? maybe its just not tightened down enough?
mine dont do that, perhaps torque them tighter?

i use spec prod camber bolts, tho it doesnt adjust the extreme neg camber i have it works ok, i take corners hard, and mine havent been going out of whack yet. i just checked them today too as a matter of fact.

try tighting them more, and after a while check them again see what happens.