4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Pull to the right, Pull to the left

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 06:40 AM

Pull to the right, Pull to the left

OK...Here is the story. Got all new tires installed on my Maxima. Started driving and noticed that the car was pulling to the right a lot. I took it into Nissan and they stated that the tires needed some balancing and then told me that they corrected the pull by swapping the two front tires. Now my car pulls to the left a lot. Do I have a bad tire?
Old 04-18-2002, 06:47 AM

You either have bad tires or Nissan switched tires that are one directional (they say one the right or left of the car).

Have your tire dealership fix the problem.

Frank
Old 04-18-2002, 06:56 AM

Originally posted by ftb87
You either have bad tires or Nissan switched tires that are one directional (they say one the right or left of the car).

Have your tire dealership fix the problem.

Frank
When you say "directional" does it mean that the tire can only go on one particular side of the car or does it mean that it can only be mounted on the rim on one particular side?
Old 04-18-2002, 09:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If your tires are H rated or below, chances are that they are omnidirectional. V,Z,W, and Y rated tires are uni-directional. You can see that by seeing a big V on the tire tread pattern. the V should be pointing up from the rear and down from the front. On regular, omni-driectional tires, you just see horizontal lines mostly. Also, on the sidewall of the uni-directional tire, there's markings saying that the tire should roll forward this --> way.

DW
Old 04-18-2002, 11:31 AM
rmb

Originally posted by dwapenyi
If your tires are H rated or below, chances are that they are omnidirectional. V,Z,W, and Y rated tires are uni-directional. You can see that by seeing a big V on the tire tread pattern. the V should be pointing up from the rear and down from the front. On regular, omni-driectional tires, you just see horizontal lines mostly. Also, on the sidewall of the uni-directional tire, there's markings saying that the tire should roll forward this --> way.

DW
Speed ratings have nothing to do with tread rotational direction. True, high speed rated tires are typically unidirectional but not always. Yoko Avid T rated tires are unidirectional.

The only way to tell is to check the sidewall carefully. You will see an arrow and an indication of which way the tire should rotate if that's the case.

If they are mounted correctly you could simply have a bad tire. I've had several Dunlop 8000's in the past that pulled... They were all replaced by Dunlop for free.

Out of balance won't create a pull either... unles it's jumping off the road.

-RMB
Old 04-18-2002, 12:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That's why I said chances are

DW

Originally posted by rmb

Speed ratings have nothing to do with tread rotational direction. True, high speed rated tires are typically unidirectional but not always. Yoko Avid T rated tires are unidirectional.

The only way to tell is to check the sidewall carefully. You will see an arrow and an indication of which way the tire should rotate if that's the case.

If they are mounted correctly you could simply have a bad tire. I've had several Dunlop 8000's in the past that pulled... They were all replaced by Dunlop for free.

Out of balance won't create a pull either... unles it's jumping off the road.

-RMB