5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

They are replacing my trany

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002, 01:41 PM

They are replacing my trany

I brought the car to the dealership this morning when the ses light turned on. I just recieved a call from them that the transmission was killed. They are replacing it with a brand new one. Thank god the car is still under warenty. however no car for a week :-( anyway do any of you know if they will pay for a rental car while its being fixed.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: They are replacing my trany

That sucks that your tranny went bad. The drivetrain is covered for 5 years\50K miles, so you should be well within warranty (unless you drive a lot). Ask them if they would swap for a manual tranny (unless you already have a manual shift).

Originally posted by AE Majestic Blu
I brought the car to the dealership this morning when the ses light turned on. I just recieved a call from them that the transmission was killed. They are replacing it with a brand new one. Thank god the car is still under warenty. however no car for a week :-( anyway do any of you know if they will pay for a rental car while its being fixed.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2002, 02:25 PM

Re: Re: They are replacing my trany

Originally posted by Tanmann9
Ask them if they would swap for a manual tranny (unless you already have a manual shift).

that'd be interesting. i'd like to hear that conversation.
Old 04-12-2002, 02:55 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

They will replace it with a rebuild. Take it easy for the first 1k miles!!!!!! They will rent you a car.

I got my new tranny 2mo ago and love it compared to the original one.

Mark
Old 04-12-2002, 03:43 PM

Originally posted by Maximam
They will replace it with a rebuild. Take it easy for the first 1k miles!!!!!! They will rent you a car.

Mark
Did you ask them if they'd do the swap? Just rhetorically...
Old 04-13-2002, 09:26 AM

I can't believe a dealer actually took the intitiative to go ahead and replace the transmission without you having to hound them about it. It was like an act of Congress just get the 2k transmission TSB done to mine! Sounds like you have a good dealer.
Old 04-13-2002, 01:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by suds1
I can't believe a dealer actually took the intitiative to go ahead and replace the transmission without you having to hound them about it. It was like an act of Congress just get the 2k transmission TSB done to mine! Sounds like you have a good dealer.

I have had nothing but great service from Nissan! Not one problem.

Two different dealers even.

Mark
Old 04-13-2002, 01:50 PM
nc00max

Damn, it took me 7 total visits and 3 calls to Nissan Service HQ to get my tranny fixed. I took it in for the TSB, they didn't fix it, took it in again, they made it worse, 4 more times they kept trying little crap to avoid replacing it, then finally a brand new tranny. I'm hoping when I move to Seattle here in May that the quality of service in the area will be much improved, not that my car is covered by the warranty much more anyways...

Old 04-13-2002, 02:19 PM
The non-postwhoring Org member

Same problem here

I have taken 4 trips to the dealer to have them "verify" the problem exists... Like I am imagining the gears slipping 50% of the time I drive the car. this last trip they final agreed to fix the TCM and the 1-2 and 2-3 solenoids but i have to wait another week for the parts to come in. in the mean time my tranny is slipping more and more everyime i drive it.
Now I am just trying to finish it off completely so they have to replace the whole thing cuz i know there has to be some permanent damage due to all the slipping.
Old 04-13-2002, 02:31 PM
nc00max

Re: Same problem here

Originally posted by Regime
I have taken 4 trips to the dealer to have them "verify" the problem exists... Like I am imagining the gears slipping 50% of the time I drive the car. this last trip they final agreed to fix the TCM and the 1-2 and 2-3 solenoids but i have to wait another week for the parts to come in. in the mean time my tranny is slipping more and more everyime i drive it.
Now I am just trying to finish it off completely so they have to replace the whole thing cuz i know there has to be some permanent damage due to all the slipping.
Check your tranny fluid. I remember UMD_MaxSE checked mine at Maxus and it was dark brown. I would call Nissan Service and talk to them. Explain what's wrong, and make sure they know you've been in 4 times already and it only gets worse. The final guy I talked to there called the service manager at the dealer directly and told him to put a new tranny ASAP. Problem fixed, just took a little *****ing and dime-dropping.

Old 04-14-2002, 08:46 PM

oh yea one more thing i think the prob was no transmission fluid since 8 months a go i had the axel seal replaced i think its something like that again except i didnt see it and $hit broke loose.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by Maximam

Mark
There is a light goes on when the TRANNY goes bad? Cool. how does one make it go on?
Roger
Old 04-14-2002, 09:19 PM
lcf

id like to blow my transmission if i could get it replaced with a manual!