5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Can Life Be Any More Unfair!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 11:28 AM

Can Life Be Any More Unfair!

Ok, hows this...My brother who btw got 2 DUI's before 21, got arrested twice for trying to do a beer run, and got kicked out of the national guard for a dirty drug test, got a full time job as a security guard. Yesterday my parents go out and buy him a 2K2 max auto with all options. I on the other hand asked for help in buying my car, but my parents refused.(I asked as a graduation present from college) So, I end up paying my car myself and this ungrateful POS tops my 2K max, with my parents money. Sorry for the babbling but I have to vent.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:33 AM
It's chrome alright...

but...

he doesn't appreciate it as much.

OH THAT'S CRAP! I'm going to be a parent soon and need to start practicing saying that crap they told us as kids... I couldn't get that one out with a straight face.

That sucks, man... no two ways about it. But, from the sounds of it, your brother sounds dumb enough that you just might be able to talk him into trading cars.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:34 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Well, look at it this way. You aren't a leech and don't need to cry to your parents to get satisfaction, fulfillment, companionship, and be successful.

Your brother is in for a sudden collapse because he has been crutched up all his life.

I feel sorry for him.

Old 02-19-2002, 11:45 AM

Originally posted by bill99gxe
Well, look at it this way. You aren't a leech and don't need to cry to your parents to get satisfaction, fulfillment, companionship, and be successful.

Your brother is in for a sudden collapse because he has been crutched up all his life.

I feel sorry for him.

I wish I could come to that point in feeling sorry for him, but for now I despise him.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:46 AM

Re: Can Life Be Any More Unfair!

Your brother is their favorite. Maybe you were adopted. You should get in more trouble so you get better gifts when you finally do something right.

Seriously, that sucks. You can sit back and see if your brother appreciates what your parents did for him. He'd better be helping them out whenever he gets a chance.
Old 02-19-2002, 11:50 AM

Originally posted by CIRCO

I wish I could come to that point in feeling sorry for him, but for now I despise him.
He'll be coming to you looking for handouts when your parents are gone...
Old 02-19-2002, 12:04 PM

Live long and propser

Dont worry, everyone faces the same futur, taxes and death. No one can escape that.

I had the same problem with my own brother about 10 years ago. Now he's no more part of the family.... that's the justice.

Your brother, just like my own, are the kind of people that, when you give them a rope and they end up hanging themselves.....

Dont worry, you'll be at the right time to buy the '03 or '04 Max and then you'll be the lucky one.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I feel bad for him, its like a tease. All this car and he's stuck with an auto!
Old 02-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Cant..leave..the..ORG!!

Originally posted by Wizeguy
I feel bad for him, its like a tease. All this car and he's stuck with an auto!
gotta throw the auto comment in eh????

He doesnt sound smart enuff to drive a 6 spd soo!!
Old 02-19-2002, 03:17 PM

Life isn't fair...... If it started to be fair.... someone forgot to tell me. Anyway I wouldn't worry about it.

Besides I guarantee there's tons of people in worse situations than you. If you think happiness is a free 2k2 max....... than you might be right, but which of you would I rather have raising the youth of america. Just tell your brother not to procreate, or tell him vasectomies are cool. Then go marry someone you love raise a family and be happy.

I know it's not that easy..... but since when was life easy (probably the same time when life was fair).
Old 02-19-2002, 05:10 PM

Hey, life ain't fair. It is better for your character in the end. My little sister got a new car for her high-school graduation and I got a watch (one that was handed down for generations, granted, but a watch). Pulp Fiction/Christopher Walken style.

I complained and complained...hell, its been some time since then and I still bring it up with my little sister as a reason why she's a spoiled brat (she's an NCAA women's basketball coach and not a spoiled brat). Deal with it and just move on...in the end you'll have a better credit rating for having purchased your own car yourself anyway.

After getting the watch, I went out and bought my own car and it was one of several since then. It builds character and financial independance...both of which are good things to have in my humble opinion.
Old 02-19-2002, 05:45 PM

Originally posted by MichaelAE
I got a watch (one that was handed down for generations, granted, but a watch). Pulp Fiction/Christopher Walken style.
God I hope not...

Seriously, you've got a great car and you're independent. Don't worry about what your parents do for another sibling, you're in great shape.
Old 02-19-2002, 06:39 PM

my brother's trying to get his 93 Lightning S/C'd so I know that feeling, he's only 18, it's hard to watch but you're much better off in the long run anyways--the grass isn't always greener on the other side, even if you're staring right at it
Old 02-19-2002, 09:59 PM

I dont get it..... Are you adopted? LOL

I mean, if your parents buy your brother a brand new 2k2 max, why wouldn't they help you with your car?

"Dad, I just graduated from college and I'm trying to settle in. Coud you help me little with my downpayment?"

If the parent can afford it, I dont see why they wouldnt help you out....
Old 02-20-2002, 05:58 AM

Sorry for the babbling but I have to vent.
Hey Circo, someone have to talk to your parents !

Use this unfair situation to motivate you then make plans and achieve it, you'll be very proud of yourself.

I come from a family of 4, never lived with my parents ( long story ) from 1-18years old I lived in 14 differents foster home, not saying everything we had to endure, beating, sex abuse, threatening and so on for years. I remember those people who kept us in miserable condition and saying we were looser. When I reached 18 I took off and went my own way, I used my ****ty past to build confidence, make goals and achieve it by working hard. I am the lease educated in my family, my brothers and sister all have degree from University not me, but you know what, I learned by myself and these days I'm the one who has the better life, and today I have the respect from all my family members and friend because I succeeded all by myself and lived and honest life without any help exept from my wife. I have been the president of a successfull computer business for the last 9 years, I'm not trying to put myself on top of other, I'm just trying to show you that you can effectively used your negative past experience and turn them into positive learning experience.

Good luck and at the end you'll be the lucky one believe me.

Cheers

AA
Old 02-20-2002, 07:24 AM
jjs

Ok, hows this...My brother who btw got 2 DUI's before 21, got arrested twice for trying to do a beer run, and got kicked out of the national guard for a dirty drug test, got a full time job as a security guard. Yesterday my parents go out and buy him a 2K2 max auto with all options. I on the other hand asked for help in buying my car, but my parents refused.(I asked as a graduation present from college) So, I end up paying my car myself and this ungrateful POS tops my 2K max, with my parents money. Sorry for the babbling but I have to vent.
One question first...are they paying for college or have covered other expenses in your life?

If not, move out, don't leave a forwarding address or number, and let the three of them go to hell. If the situtation now ****es you off, wait until you have to take care of the parents and the useless sack of crap. Leave now so you won't have to.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:05 AM

Re: Re: Can Life Be Any More Unfair!

Originally posted by jjs
One question first...are they paying for college or have covered other expenses in your life?

If not, move out, don't leave a forwarding address or number, and let the three of them go to hell. If the situtation now ****es you off, wait until you have to take care of the parents and the useless sack of crap. Leave now so you won't have to.
Sheesh...where is it written that parents have to do all these things for their kids? I think the whole raising you and spending what likely equates to over $500,000 on you in 18 years is pretty nice of them. Those of you who get cars, college paid for are getting a good bit more than that.

My thought is it is not worth alienating your parents becuase they wouldn't buy you a new car at the age of 18 or younger.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:30 AM

Yes, it can.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=99994
Old 02-20-2002, 10:32 AM

I despise people who can't "earn their keep".
kinda like high school kids with no jobs who have dope rides and sh*tty grades.
Old 02-20-2002, 10:32 AM

Re: Re: Can Life Be Any More Unfair!

Originally posted by MichaelAE
Yes, it can.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=99994
good point, all this talk about material things tends to make people (me included) forget what's really important
Old 02-20-2002, 02:03 PM

Re: Re: Re: Can Life Be Any More Unfair!

Originally posted by mattattax

good point, all this talk about material things tends to make people (me included) forget what's really important
Man, just slap a S/C on your M/T 2k and take it out on the highway