Audio and Electronics Discuss in-car entertainment systems, audio and video systems, car alarms and other electronics topics.

remote start ... no heat ...???... 3rd gen >91

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 11:03 AM

remote start ... no heat ...???... 3rd gen >91

Well i searched and searched but it seems that no one has had a similar prob. I just installed a remote start in my maxi but the heat doenst work...any suggestions?

I tied the 2 stater wires together dont know if that has anything to do with the prob.

Also...is the a wire i can use that tells the remote start that the car is in gear...its a manual.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:59 PM
STFU n00b!

first, you need to get an FSM and work out the neutral indicator issue. Yes, there's a wire that tells the ECU when the tranny is in neutral. you can find out exactly which one it is if you look in the factory service manual.

as for the no heat problem:
1. you need to hook up a relay for the second starter wire, and fire the relay off the first one. simply tieing the two wires together will not work.
2. it sounds as if you'd messed up on the ignition switch wiring somehow, so the engine runs, but won't run any accessories.

there are wiring diagrams on my webpage that have all the harness colors you need for the job- aside from the neutral indicator wire.
www.ee.utulsa.edu/~mblehm/faq/
there's a directory called "wiring_info" or something. look in there for your particular year. there's diagrams from two companies. I suggest printing both, and figuring out which works for you. they both cut the wires in different sides of the connector in the steering column wiring harness, so the ignition, acessory, and start wires are listed as different colors- even though they're the same wires.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Matt93SE
first, you need to get an FSM and work out the neutral indicator issue. Yes, there's a wire that tells the ECU when the tranny is in neutral. you can find out exactly which one it is if you look in the factory service manual.
the neutral wire is a brown wire coming out of the main ecu connector
it is on the top row aobut 5-10 wire to the right (towards teh rear of the car) from the center bolt

it gives a ground signal when in N and a float for else
Old 02-18-2002, 06:53 PM

thanx

sweet...thanks alot

i thought i wired the ing switch the right way...i guess i'll just have to check my work