General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Slamed into a curve today :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 12:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Slamed into a curve today :(

Hi guys!

Now I understand what people mean by "road conditions are the most hazardous when it begins to rain", well I learned the meaning the hard way! Early today I had to stop over at the office to pick up some work that I had to do tonight. When I was leaving my home it just had started to rain, and I thought "no big deal", well like about four blocks away from my office while I was taking a curve at about 25 MPH my car slid and I slammed into the curve big time, my wheel was bent and pushed all the way into the rear part of the wheel well, my fender was damaged as well as my front lip. I feel really bad right now, I don't know how long my car is going to be at the shop. I glad that I didn't hurt anybody else and that I'm O.k., I just feel really down.
Old 11-23-2001, 01:00 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Slamed into a curve today :(

Sorry to hear that...hope your car feels better soon!

Erik

Originally posted by ionicmax
Hi guys!

Now I understand what people mean by "road conditions are the most hazardous when it begins to rain", well I learned the meaning the hard way! Early today I had to stop over at the office to pick up some work that I had to do tonight. When I was leaving my home it just had started to rain, and I thought "no big deal", well like about four blocks away from my office while I was taking a curve at about 25 MPH my car slid and I slammed into the curve big time, my wheel was bent and pushed all the way into the rear part of the wheel well, my fender was damaged as well as my front lip. I feel really bad right now, I don't know how long my car is going to be at the shop. I glad that I didn't hurt anybody else and that I'm O.k., I just feel really down.
Old 11-23-2001, 02:01 AM

Damm that bits
Old 11-23-2001, 11:10 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

damn thats two maxes so far. bags533 kinda did the same thing, but his dont sound as bad. insurance is gonna take care of ya right?
Old 11-23-2001, 11:15 AM

dayum, that sucks dood! a similiar thing happened to me in my previous max, it was snowing and i was pulling into a gas station and instead of turning, it kept goin straight, right into a curb! it scraped up the bottom of my bumper and blew my tire out but that was it. good luck!
Old 11-23-2001, 11:19 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

that happen to me before too....in the rain took a turn too quick, car slid into and up onto the curb, barely missed a stop sign and into slid across the wet grass into someones front yard(COPS police chase style ), bent the front right rim a little, dented the oil pan, blew the right tire, and messed up a few other things, but its all good now, that was about 2 years ago.
Old 11-23-2001, 02:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks guys!! Like I say "tomorrow is another day", and I can say that I don't feel as bad as I did last night. And yes nismo2020 the insurance company is going to take care of me after I pay a 500 dollar deductible. I really fell sorry for my car because that’s the second accident it's been in, the first happened while it was stolen and the guys tried to out run the cops, and now this one ???
Old 11-23-2001, 05:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hi guys!

Yeh dude I know what you mean, accidents can really be downers. I've had a few myself and I definitely feel bad about it for a few days. But you can't beat yourself up, everyone makes mistakes time to time, and as you said, the important thing is that you and everyone else is OK.
Old 11-23-2001, 09:38 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

I feel your pain..

this happened to me in feburary, but i slammed into the curb with my passenger side wheel. aka drive wheel. and bust the steering knuckle, bent the drive shaft, and toasted my Revo. but alas. the car's back in good shape.

if you tell your insurance its caused by rain. its still driver error. and your premium's gonna go up.

sorry. again. but dont worry. its a rite of passage as a driver.. better this than to total your car....

Hi guys!

Old 11-23-2001, 09:47 PM

damn, chalk another one up for november...
Old 11-24-2001, 12:10 AM

That sucks. Im sorry to hear about your car. The good thing is that you are ok.