General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

HELP - All front lights except heads are off

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 05:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

HELP - All front lights except heads are off

To start, I have a 96 GLE. I have all my lamps rewired. Brighter clearance mod, stock side markers and aftermarket sidemarkers to echo with signal, and signal switched to dual socket 1157 to remain on.

I've been fine with this setup for the longest time. I have no clue what happened but I just noticed today that none of my front lamps remain on when headlights are on yet they still blink when signal or hazard. The funny thing is my clearance now only comes on when I signal. As well, they don't alternate or echo when signal - instead they all blink together (Signals, Sidemarker, aftermarket sidemarkers) I've check all the fuse just in case and it's all fine. So what the heck could be wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The picture below is how it was, all remained on and sidemarkers echoed with signals and now all that's on is the headlights.

Old 11-11-2001, 05:39 PM

Re: HELP - All front lights except heads are off

Originally posted by klubjunkee
To start, I have a 96 GLE. I have all my lamps rewired. Brighter clearance mod, stock side markers and aftermarket sidemarkers to echo with signal, and signal switched to dual socket 1157 to remain on.

I've been fine with this setup for the longest time. I have no clue what happened but I just noticed today that none of my front lamps remain on when headlights are on yet they still blink when signal or hazard. The funny thing is my clearance now only comes on when I signal. As well, they don't alternate or echo when signal - instead they all blink together (Signals, Sidemarker, aftermarket sidemarkers) I've check all the fuse just in case and it's all fine. So what the heck could be wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The picture below is how it was, all remained on and sidemarkers echoed with signals and now all that's on is the headlights.

Are you sure you check the "tail" fuse? which is 7.5 amp? The tails are wired into the fronts so your tails are probably out too. Check this thread... http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ghlight=lights
Old 11-11-2001, 05:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: HELP - All front lights except heads are off

Originally posted by ericdwong

Are you sure you check the "tail" fuse? which is 7.5 amp? The tails are wired into the fronts so your tails are probably out too. Check this thread... http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ghlight=lights
No, tails are fine and I check that fuse too in case. I have no clue what it could be, I even rechecked all the wiring and nothing seems to be loose. It's just wierd that they signal but none stay on. The clearance and sidemarker as stock stays on but now it just comes on when I signal. This is just bumming me out.