5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Possible to add auto up/down to passenger window?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 09:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Possible to add auto up/down to passenger window?

Just wondering if anyone has added the auto up/down feature to the passenger windows front or back?
Old 08-19-2003, 09:39 AM
jttaylor155

Re: Possible to add auto up/down to passenger window?

Originally posted by bgruver
Just wondering if anyone has added the auto up/down feature to the passenger windows front or back?
i have wanted to do that too. it should be possible with the auto switches like the driver one.
what i really want is ONE auto up/down botton that controls all 4 windows at the same time.

Old 08-19-2003, 10:42 AM

I think someone talked about this a couple months ago...Something about you have to buy 3 new window buttons with the feature of the auto up/down...Do a search, I know its out there somewhere...
Old 08-19-2003, 10:55 AM

I have auto up and down on all four corners. I can also control my four windows together with my remote. I do have an aftermarket alarm though... Clifford
Old 08-19-2003, 10:58 AM

D Love,

so your clifford also makes all four windows auto up/down? like the front two are on 2k2,2k3's?
Old 08-19-2003, 10:58 AM
jttaylor155

ok i just called the dealership about this.
they dont sell just the auto switch by itself. its the whole cluster with all four switches. so you would have to buy 3 and take it all apart. and they are $115 each!!! the part # is 254012Y910. you may be able to find it cheaper somewhere else.

Old 08-19-2003, 11:07 AM

Originally posted by jttaylor155
ok i just called the dealership about this.
they dont sell just the auto switch by itself. its the whole cluster with all four switches. so you would have to buy 3 and take it all apart. and they are $115 each!!! the part # is 254012Y910. you may be able to find it cheaper somewhere else.
jatttaylor,

The front passenger door has auto up/down in my 2k3 (as it does on the 2k2 I assume) it may be cheaper to get that side since it only has two switches, lock and auto window up/down.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:09 AM

Re: ...

Originally posted by GhettoMAX
D Love,

so your clifford also makes all four windows auto up/down? like the front two are on 2k2,2k3's?
Yes it does. I did have to add window modules to it though.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:11 AM
jjs

jatttaylor,

The front passenger door has auto up/down in my 2k3 (as it does on the 2k2 I assume) it may be cheaper to get that side since it only has two switches, lock and auto window up/down.
DaveB tried this several months ago and it DOESN'T work.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:14 AM

Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by D Love

Yes it does. I did have to add window modules to it though.
oh ic what you are talking about... yeah I did the same with the alarm on my honda... but I think what they are talking about here is the auto up/down window switch deal... like the front two in 2k2 2k3. where you press the button down once and release and the window goes down all the way and same way up.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:14 AM
jttaylor155

Originally posted by jjs

DaveB tried this several months ago and it DOESN'T work.
well DAM IT!! i just want one auto up/down switch that could control all four at the same time

Old 08-19-2003, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by jttaylor155

well DAM IT!! i just want one auto up/down switch that could control all four at the same time
jttaylor, get an aftermarket alarm with modules for all windows... like D Love has.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:30 AM
jttaylor155

jttaylor, get an aftermarket alarm with modules for all windows... like D Love has.
but could i control it when im driving

Old 08-19-2003, 11:42 AM
2-Wheelin it...

yes, when you add the window modules, all 4 switches on the driver side become 1-touch up and down. even rears. and then you can also control via the remote on the alarm.
i've had this for some time now. i love it. now, if you want your rear passengers to have 1 touch up/down also for their switches, you need to run the wires to the modules to each rear door, after the w the motor, but before the switch.

it's a PITA to do, cuase it's 4 wires going to each door, 16 wires total. doable, yes, annoying, yes, but very cool to have, yes. like i said once before, i always forget to roll up my windows. this takes care of it.

i'm still in the process of having this work with the sunroof, for it to close witht he alarm.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:45 AM
jttaylor155

Originally posted by PoLo
yes, when you add the window modules, all 4 switches on the driver side become 1-touch up and down. even rears. and then you can also control via the remote on the alarm.
i've had this for some time now. i love it. now, if you want your rear passengers to have 1 touch up/down also for their switches, you need to run the wires to the modules to each rear door, after the w the motor, but before the switch.

it's a PITA to do, cuase it's 4 wires going to each door, 16 wires total. doable, yes, annoying, yes, but very cool to have, yes. like i said once before, i always forget to roll up my windows. this takes care of it.

i'm still in the process of having this work with the sunroof, for it to close witht he alarm.
i will probably do that. where did you buy everything? do you have a write up for the instal?
thanks

Old 08-19-2003, 11:55 AM
2-Wheelin it...

only 2 places to go that will beat out all prices.

don aka pearl96max supplies them. you can buy them from him, even have him do the install (for a fee, of course). with him, you are beating about 90% of online prices. the only other place after that is ebay. i've seen them go for $50. online prices are from 80-100. done is somewhere int he middle.

as far as a write up is concerned, i do NOT have a write up, but given some time, i'm sure i can tell you exactly which wires go to where. you will have to open up each of your door panels if you want the rear PASSENGERS to have 1-touch. if all you care for is the the driver to have 1 touch to the rears, then you can locate the rear window wires by each kickpanel.

it is and isnt' a tough task. if you know how to distinguish + and - wires, then you can understand this. you also need to know how you're alarm is wired so that you can correctly connect to the open channels. my siren and aux buttons pressed together lower my windows. press it once, rolls down 2 inches. press again, rolls down 2 more inches, and so on. press and hold, will roll all the way down.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:30 PM

Originally posted by PoLo

don aka pearl96max supplies them. you can buy them from him, even have him do the install (for a fee, of course). with him, you are beating about 90% of online prices. the only other place after that is ebay. i've seen them go for $50. online prices are from 80-100. done is somewhere int he middle.
$50 for the window modules? i'm pretty sure that's not the price for the alarm system. Can i add this to the stock key FOB? i want the window functions but don't want to spend $500+ on a aftermarket alarm. Any way i can do this?