5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

2001 AE kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 10:04 PM

2001 AE kit

Hey sorry guys, this question probably has been asked a million times probably. Does the front and rear bumper of a 2001 AE Maxima fit a 2k3 Maxima. I need to know by tomorrow cause I'm dropping my car off tomorrow at the body shop and I want to let the guy know what to order. I recently was involved in a car accident not to much damage but I'm going to need a rear bumper and a front bumper. Thanks
Old 07-01-2003, 10:30 PM
Faster than a speeding bullet...

Re: 2001 AE kit

Here's my understanding of the Nissan '00/'01 'Aero Kit' and the actual AE body kit as applied to an '02/'03...

A) Adding the Aero Kit front air dam to the '02/'03 front bumper fascia assembly:
The front bumper fascia assembly of the '02/'03 is different than the other two previous years. It is larger and of a slightly different design. The aero kit front air dam will probably not fit.

B) Replacing the '02/'03 front bumper fascia assembly with the '01 AE assembly:
This will probably work, but keep in mind that the '01 assembly had a different style front grille, and the lower part of the fascia assembly also looks different. Finally, I believe the foglamps are slightly different in size between the two groups of years where the '02/'03 foglight assembly is larger and the front lenses is made of glass instead of plastic.

C) Adding the Aero Kit rear skirt to the '02/'03 rear bumper fascia assembly:
This will probably work without any problems as this part was designed for non-AE Maximas which have muffler tips that point straight outward.

D) Replacing the '02/'03 rear bumper fascia assembly with the '01 AE assembly:
This may not fit as the real AE rear bumper fascia assembly included a rear skirt which accounted for the '01 I30 muffler that was used in the AE which had muffler tips that point downward. It looks different from the aero kit rear skirt. Since all non-AE Maximas have muffler tips that point straight out, you may run into a fit issue if you go with this option.

Also, I don't think that the Aero Kit can be ordered in pieces.

As you can see, I believe there are problems with almost every scenario above for '02/'03 owners who want to go with an AE or AE-style look from Nissan.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:39 PM

Re: Re: 2001 AE kit

Originally posted by 01SE02SER
Here's my understanding of the Nissan '00/'01 'Aero Kit' and the actual AE body kit as applied to an '02/'03...

A) Adding the Aero Kit front air dam to the '02/'03 front bumper fascia assembly:
The front bumper fascia assembly of the '02/'03 is different than the other two previous years. It is larger and of a slightly different design. The aero kit front air dam will probably not fit.

B) Replacing the '02/'03 front bumper fascia assembly with the '01 AE assembly:
This will probably work, but keep in mind that the '01 assembly had a different style front grille, and the lower part of the fascia assembly also looks different. Finally, I believe the foglamps are slightly different in size between the two groups of years where the '02/'03 foglight assembly is larger and the front lenses is made of glass instead of plastic.

C) Adding the Aero Kit rear skirt to the '02/'03 rear bumper fascia assembly:
This will probably work without any problems as this part was designed for non-AE Maximas which have muffler tips that point straight outward.

This may not fit as the real AE rear bumper fascia assembly included a rear skirt which accounted for the '01 I30 muffler that was used in the AE which had muffler tips that point downward. It looks different from the aero kit rear skirt. Since all non-AE Maximas have muffler tips that point straight out, you may run into a fit issue if you go with this option.

Also, I don't think that the Aero Kit can be ordered in pieces.

As you can see, I believe there are problems with almost every scenario above for '02/'03 owners who want to go with an AE or AE-style look from Nissan.
So do you know if there anything out there that closely resembles a 2K1 AE kit? I want something with a lip...something thats subtle.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Faster than a speeding bullet...

Re: Re: Re: 2001 AE kit

Originally posted by FlexMAX
So do you know if there anything out there that closely resembles a 2K1 AE kit? I want something with a lip...something thats subtle.
The Nissan AE and Aero Kit body extensions are the most subtle, in my opinion. The Stillen Aerokit for the Maxima would get my vote for second-most subtle.

Unfortunately, Stillen doesn't make the Aerokit for '02/'03 Maximas. They only offer the Touring Aero Kit for the '02/'03 and that kit is anything but subtle.

Sorry.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:13 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

No.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:54 AM

You can ask your body shop if they mold body kits if the can mold the kit they should be willing to modify either one of the kits to fit your car but it's going to be $$$$
Old 07-02-2003, 06:47 AM

Re: Re: 2001 AE kit

Originally posted by 01SE02SER

I got rear AE assembly and fits fine. you can check my homepage to see how it looks..
Old 07-02-2003, 07:58 PM

Re: Re: Re: 2001 AE kit

Originally posted by naerok

I got rear AE assembly and fits fine. you can check my homepage to see how it looks..
Naerok, tight ride, love that kit, well after seeing the rear on your Max I'm definitely going to go with the rear bumper. But I still have to figure out what to do with the front. I guess I'm just going to leave the front bumper stock and wait till something comes out because I checked out the Stillen touring kit....well that "thing" is just to ghetto for me.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:20 PM

The stillen "touring" kit is too ricey for my taste as well. The rear part of the stillen kit kinda just grows on you. Doesnt bother me at all, and im as anti-rice as it gets! I hate rice The AE kit looks sweet but a bit too mellow the stillen kinda goes out on a limb but it pulls it off pretty well. Kinda sets you well apart from the other max's on the road.

Naerok: Your ride looks sweet man but PLEASE lower it asap
Old 07-02-2003, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by HitManSE
The stillen "touring" kit is too ricey for my taste as well. The rear part of the stillen kit kinda just grows on you. Doesnt bother me at all, and im as anti-rice as it gets! I hate rice The AE kit looks sweet but a bit too mellow the stillen kinda goes out on a limb but it pulls it off pretty well. Kinda sets you well apart from the other max's on the road.

Just checked out your Max. Your kit is also tight, I also would want something like yours but as you stated stillen doesn't have one for 2k2-2k3 Max's. About ricers I feel exactly the same way . I like bodykits sporty but at the same time to be conservative. I just can't stand the one's that look cartoonish.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:51 PM

What I was thinking of doin was this. Im still somewhat looking at getting an 03 6spd (VERY hard to find) anyway I was going to pull off the front bumper section (I think the 00-01 front looks better ) and put the 00-01 front section in, this way the body kit wont be a problem. The sides and rear will fit just fine. Basically the car would have looked almost exactly like mine is right now, basically more of a wolf in sheeps clothing considering it will look like a 00-01 The tails id switch as well. NOW all I need to do is find a 6spd near me.....
Old 07-02-2003, 09:00 PM

What I was thinking of doin was this. Im still somewhat looking at getting an 03 6spd (VERY hard to find) anyway I was going to pull off the front bumper section (I think the 00-01 front looks better ) and put the 00-01 front section in, this way the body kit wont be a problem. The sides and rear will fit just fine. Basically the car would have looked almost exactly like mine is right now, basically more of a wolf in sheeps clothing considering it will look like a 00-01 The tails id switch as well. NOW all I need to do is find a 6spd near me.....
Come over to Jersey we've got plenty of 6-spd 2k3's left. Actually my friend is looking to buy a 6-spd from the same dealership where I got my 2k3. Well anyway they have 2- 6-spd's left (Majestic Blue and a sheer silver), they also have a 2k3 6-spd demo (2,000 miles) everything except Navi, selling for $23.5 K. Anyway that's a great idea "wolf in sheeps clothing", theirs nothing like walking on unsuspecting drivers lol.
Old 07-02-2003, 11:59 PM

Check your PM's
Old 07-03-2003, 08:12 AM

I got maxspeed springs.. just looking around for new struts.... I really need to get struts really soon...