5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Interesting weekend

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 09:34 AM

Interesting weekend

I might be saying bye to the .org in a few weeks. This past weekend I test-drove the Infiniti G35 coupe and I fell in love. So the young lady that helped me out is working up some numbers for me. If my monthly payments go up within $100 I'm saying good bye to the Max. It took me a while to come to this, but the Max is just not what I wanted. So instead of b*t*hing all the time I decided to start test-driving. I once again test-drove the BMW 330ci(make me feel like a little kid), the Lexus IS300 (to ricey for me), the Acura CL-s (ugly) and the G35 coupe (perfect). If this doesn't work out for me then I will really start modding the s**t out of the Max to make it a little more fun to drive. I was kind of holding back on the Mods because I wasn't to sure on what I wanted to do.

Nice
Old 11-25-2002, 09:39 AM
jjs

Re: Interesting weekend

Originally posted by nice95GLE
I might be saying bye to the .org in a few weeks. This past weekend I test-drove the Infiniti G35 coupe and I fell in love. So the young lady that helped me out is working up some numbers for me. If my monthly payments go up within $100 I'm saying good bye to the Max. It took me a while to come to this, but the Max is just not what I wanted. So instead of b*t*hing all the time I decided to start test-driving. I once again test-drove the BMW 330ci(make me feel like a little kid), the Lexus IS300 (to ricey for me), the Acura CL-s (ugly) and the G35 coupe (perfect). If this doesn't work out for me then I will really start modding the s**t out of the Max to make it a little more fun to drive. I was kind of holding back on the Mods because I wasn't to sure on what I wanted to do.

Nice
Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how much of a beating they were giving you on trading a Max for a G35. I mean, how brutal is the depreciation since you are trading 'within the family' as it were?
Old 11-25-2002, 09:46 AM

jjs

I,m not sure yet I'm waiting for a call back with the est figures. I test drove the G, she gave my car a once over and I told her I would call today. I just got off the phone with her. She told me she will work some numbers up and call me right back.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:48 AM
jjs

Originally posted by nice95GLE
jjs

I,m not sure yet I'm waiting for a call back with the est figures. I test drove the G, she gave my car a once over and I told her I would call today. I just got off the phone with her. She told me she will work some numbers up and call me right back.
Thanks! Not looking for exact details (that is your business)...just curious to see on what end of the trade-in spectrum they put you.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:04 AM

Re: Re: Interesting weekend

Originally posted by jjs

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how much of a beating they were giving you on trading a Max for a G35. I mean, how brutal is the depreciation since you are trading 'within the family' as it were?
I spoke to a few dealerships about trading in my max, and I got beat up pretty bad..basically losing about 4k. Of course, I'm on a lease and I've only had the car 8 months.
I haven't looked at the g35 coupe yet, but heading that way next summer (and saab)...here's what I did check out:
4runner
xterra SC
rover discovery
x-type jag
passat w8
audi a4 3.0

They all wanted to deal, but my trade in was worth negative equity. The xterra was the closest to working, perhaps keeping "in-shop" helps. NO one else wanted my car.
Old 11-25-2002, 10:53 AM

our trade in values suck d*ck
Old 11-26-2002, 11:56 AM

Originally posted by jjs

Ok guys here's the dirty.

I would have to put 5K down and my monthly payments would go up to anywhere between 600-650 per month. Nice car but it's still a Nissan. Maybe for a BMW, MB or Jaguar. I would not be able to sleep at night knowing I am paying this much for a Nissan/Infiniti product.

I called up the dealer were I got my car and I have an appointment to test drive a Z on Sat morning. So if I like it and the $$$ out of pocket sounds good I will be coming home with a new Z on Sat.

That's if they have 'Put Me In Jail RED'