5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Auto reverse function for front window

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 12:38 AM

Auto reverse function for front window

I did a search on this but couldn't find anything. When I bought my '03 GLE, the dealer showed me a safety feature the front windows went back down have if something got caught as it went up. The same thing goes for the sunroof. It doesn't seem to be working. I can literally slow down the window with my hand as it goes up but it just keeps going up. I don't want to force the motor. The same thing happens with the sunroof, I close it and put some resistance with my hand but it still closes without stopping. The manual mentions this safety feature and how it is supposed to work. Is there a fuse for this system? The manual doesn't have a list of fuses and what circuits they protect. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:52 AM

Re: Auto reverse function for front window

Originally posted by lmac
I did a search on this but couldn't find anything. When I bought my '03 GLE, the dealer showed me a safety feature the front windows went back down have if something got caught as it went up. The same thing goes for the sunroof. It doesn't seem to be working. I can literally slow down the window with my hand as it goes up but it just keeps going up. I don't want to force the motor. The same thing happens with the sunroof, I close it and put some resistance with my hand but it still closes without stopping. The manual mentions this safety feature and how it is supposed to work. Is there a fuse for this system? The manual doesn't have a list of fuses and what circuits they protect. Thanks for your help.
How are you bringing the windows up? I think it only works from the AUTO up function on the switches, not if you manually hold it or from the key in the door.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:35 AM

auto-up window function....

my passenger side (front) window closes all the way up when the "auto-up" function is pressed... BUT it goes back down (about half way)!!! there's nothing that i can see that obstructs the path of the window... even more strangely is that this problem doesn't occur all the time... i can close the it if i hold the button up to close the window, but not do the "one-touch function". i have a 2k2 SE by the way... any one have this problem too? i'll take it to the dealer as soon as i have the time.
Old 11-04-2002, 01:44 AM

Re: Re: Auto reverse function for front window

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 8702

How are you bringing the windows up? I think it only works from the AUTO up function on the switches, not if you manually hold it or from the key in the door.
[/QUO

I use the auto-up function of the front windows but the auto reverse doesn't work. Does this function work on your SE, 8702? I probably wouldn't have noticed this if it weren't for my nephew pinching his finger.
Old 11-04-2002, 02:43 AM

Re: Re: Re: Auto reverse function for front window

the "auto-reverse, auto-up" window function works on my 2k2 SE. my prob. is my passenger window: "auto-up" works but the window goes down about half way after it closes...my driver side works fine, auto-up and auto down..
Old 11-05-2002, 04:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Auto reverse function for front window

Originally posted by lmac
My sales guy actually demonstrated the front windows by sticking his hand between the window and frame while it was closing; and sure enough, the window went back down. I tried it with the sunroof, but since I didn't trust the system enough to actually jam my hand in there (injuring me), or some kind of block (injuring my car), I also tried just pushing hard against it as it closed - no change, it closed anyway. So I'm thinking you actually have to have it meet significant resistance, but have no plans to test it...
Old 11-05-2002, 04:30 PM

the salesman showed me the same thing. but yet my front windows still go up when i put my hand over them. i asked this questions about 4 months ago and never got a good answer on hwo to fix it.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:59 PM

its fun putting ur arm out the sun roof and having it close and open after it just starts to apply presure. it doesnt hurt one bit. all of my friends play with the sun roof and windows all the time. i think it is a cool feature unless a car jacker was trying to get ur car and u roll the window up and he puts his hand in and it goes back down !

will
Old 11-05-2002, 08:47 PM

Re: Re: Auto reverse function for front window

Originally posted by Maximax2
My sales guy actually demonstrated the front windows by sticking his hand between the window and frame while it was closing;
My guy did it with both and it worked. Personally I wouldn't trust it but I'm glad it is there.