5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Cut off a Lady driving her max.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 07:04 PM
Banned

Cut off a Lady driving her max.....

Alrite, I know I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I may as well confess my sin's in God's church of Maxima's.

So to begin with, I was driving in my max with mom on the way to see my uncle in his nursing home. I'm cruisin along doin 45-50 all the way through and I notice another 5th Gen Max (either 2K or 2K1) in front of me with this fat ladie and her dog sitting in the front seat. So I make a comment to my mom about how big the dog was. We come up to an intersection where I needed to make a right turn and the ladie in the max also signals to make that right turn.

Now the dog's sitting in the passenger seat, staring at the ladie, slobbering all over the car (poor max) and as she starts to make that right turn, she's going at about 2 mph doing it, and sure, I can see that because the dog's sitting in the passenger seat, she doesn't want to take a sharp turn w/o sending him flying into her. But as soon as she makes the turn, the road opens up into 2 lanes and now I'm behind her still and she's still going 2 mph. So I move into the other lane and open it up, and while I do this, I notice she looks through her rearview, see's I moved into the other lane knowing full well I'm trying to pass her, and now she starts to gun it.

I'm saying to myself, "F' this, she waits til I gun it to gun it?" So at this point, we had about 50 ft before the 2 lanes merged back into 1, and as I'm coming up next to her, I floor it and the Mighty 3.5 whizzes by the 3.0 *crowd roaring and chanting*.....*ahem* and I just made it by 10 ft before the lane merged back into one.

*Me inwardly thinking* Haha, sucker!!

Well, that didn't end there. As I signal to turn into the nursing home, I notice she's signaling too. So I'm like, whatever! I find a parking spot next to a curb and she parks in another parking spot across from where I was. My mom gets out, I get out, and I notice the lady gets out with her dog, so as we start walking in, I hear "G***amn, what the hell is wrong with you, you cut me off and almost killed me back there, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah" As she's yelling, I turn around, but there was a tree blocking us from actually seeing each other, so I said, "its not worth arguing, just keep walking" and I keep walking.

Then I hear "Did you hear me!?!? DON'T YOU WALK AWAY FROM ME WHEN I'M TALKIN TO YOU!!"

So finally I turn around and I go "hey Ladie, are you done yet??" and she goes "NO, U ALMOST KILLED ME BACK THERE YA BASTID!" So at this point, trying to refrain myself from yelling back, but I couldn't anymore, I go "well, if you paid more attention to driving on the road instead of tongue-licking your dog, you wouldn't have gotten passed, so STFU!!" She then replies, "YOUR MOTHER!!", which I reply back "Go F your dog, you cow!"

At this point, my mom's ranting at me going, "what's wrong with you, that ladie's a psycho, u don't want her doing anything to your new car, just ignore her, why do you always get yourself into these things, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....." Needless to say, I stood in front of the lobby area of the nursing home for 10 mins looking outside to see if that ladie was going to do something to my car, before I moved it to a parking spot in the back of the bldg right where my uncles room window is.

Yeah, I know, I'm a big tough guy arguing with a big fat ladie with her big Akita dog to protect her. I hope Asu's bad luck streak isn't rubbing off on me.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:15 PM

ouch, if i was there i would have ignore my mom & kept yelling at that fat lady, someone liek that should drive a geo metro.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:19 PM

Hahahahah YOU GO GIRL!! I had a similar experience today...

I was on the way to the gmy with my mom and my GF. So this POS early 90's Duster is put puting along going 35 in a 45 so I pass her she speeds up and at the stp sign just about rams my rear end (the car you sickos). So I pull into the gym and park in handicapped parking. I have a 6 month permit because I just had knee surgery. I notice she follows me in and is giving me dirty looks so I mouth something to her, I cant remember what it was. We go down stairs to the front desk. I had to have my mom come along so she could re-instant our family membership that way its $20 a month cheaper! Woo Hooo. So I notice this woman comes in and is talking to the guy at the front desk. I am about 10 feet from her. I can read her lips and she is turning me in for parking in the handi spot. I had a bad head ache from the humdidity and sleep hang over. So I admit I was p1ssy.

She leaves and my GF asks what was her deal? She gives me a dirty look as she is leaving so I follow her up the stairs to make sure nothing happens to my max. As she drives by I flip her the bird.

Low and behold she comes back in after me. Now I am 6 foot 5 inches tall 315lbs. And this 5 foot 4 inch 115 wet and wearign boots snot says Why did you flip me off. I reply something to the extent of why you are following me. She replies Ihink you are a low life for parking in handicap. At this point my mom tears into her, which she has quite the quick tounge. GO MOM!! She says we are sad people for parking there and we are not disabled so we should be ashamed. I pull my pants leg up and say lady WTF does this look like? I just had surgery. She mouths off some more, says she feels sorry for people like us. Finally I could take this woamn any more. I told her to get in her car and get the f8uk out of my face. I admit it I lost it. She rambles on some more and I just watched Analize This last night so I use the DeNiro line :Look the other way before I smash your f8cking head through the window. Needless to say she left with the quickness. Moral of the story. I am an a$$hole. Mind your F'n business and dont mess with the big guy when he has a headache. Gent bent lady, find something else to do with your time.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:35 PM

Re: Cut off a Lady driving her max.....

She needed a STFU. Good for you.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:38 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Cut off a Lady driving her max.....

Originally posted by VQPowerSE

I'm saying to myself, "F' this, she waits til I gun it to gun it?" So at this point, we had about 50 ft before the 2 lanes merged back into 1, and as I'm coming up next to her, I floor it and the Mighty 3.5 whizzes by the 3.0 *crowd roaring and chanting*.....*ahem* and I just made it by 10 ft before the lane merged back into one.

Damn 3.5s. Jus playin, I'm only envious.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:43 PM
Banned

Re: Re: Cut off a Lady driving her max.....

Originally posted by Y2KSESteve

Damn 3.5s. Jus playin, I'm only envious.

I knew I'd get a "kickback" when I made that 3.5/3.0 comment.
Old 09-29-2002, 07:50 PM

yepp....i want one too, hopefully my dad will get another 2k3 one sheer silver fully loaded but auto
Old 09-29-2002, 08:46 PM
The silent but deadly Moderator

wow, youre proud of that? well, youre young.. if youre lucky you'll live long enough to grow out of it, that's if someone doesnt follow you and take you out next time.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:00 PM

living in south florida made me used to this. its commonplace there, and whenever some1 is driving like an idiot, dont bother with the horn, we just floor by them and flick them off. they get the idea. fl has the worst drivers. i dont mind if some1 drives the speed limit, just not 10 below on a 3 lane road. people get distracted easily, i.e. the lady and her dog so she deserved to have been smoked like a black n mild by a 3.5, ha ha.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:06 PM
Banned

Originally posted by TimW
wow, youre proud of that? well, youre young.. if youre lucky you'll live long enough to grow out of it, that's if someone doesnt follow you and take you out next time.
I'm not proud of what I did and I never cut people off, its the one time where you think trying to go around someone wouldn't start a racewar to see who leads 1st. The ladie wanted to kiss her dog and be ahead, but at driving 2mph, that just wasn't going to happen, so she couldn't have her cake and eat it too.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:16 PM

I wasnt there. I cant really say or judge. but whatever you did was enough to make some person follow you and confront you about it. Luckily it was just some harmless woman. Just be careful, alot of times its not worth it, some freako can be packing heat.

Your post isnt really clear whether you provoked it or not, but the end result is that you both got there at the same time and then had to worry about getting your car keyed.

then again, we've all been there.. I think I was just raggin you for that pic on the other post
Old 09-29-2002, 11:25 PM

Originally posted by slickrick
[B]living in south florida made me used to this. its commonplace there, and whenever some1 is driving like an idiot, dont bother with the horn, we just floor by them and flick them off. they get the idea. fl has the worst drivers. B]
Ditto.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:33 PM
Banned

Originally posted by TimW
I wasnt there. I cant really say or judge. but whatever you did was enough to make some person follow you and confront you about it. Luckily it was just some harmless woman. Just be careful, alot of times its not worth it, some freako can be packing heat.

Your post isnt really clear whether you provoked it or not, but the end result is that you both got there at the same time and then had to worry about getting your car keyed.

then again, we've all been there.. I think I was just raggin you for that pic on the other post
Actually, she was going to visit someone in another bldg in the nursing home facility. I can't say whether or not she was exactly harmless, because she had that big Akita with her and my CLUB lock was in my car. Did I provoke this......driving wise, yeah, alil, I'll be honest. I worried more about my car being keyed after my mom ranted me to death about ignoring crazy people like her.

As for the pic in the other post, that was Ms. Thick's fault, she, I, how could you not, GRRRR...........*sigh* nevermind!
Old 09-30-2002, 05:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by VQPowerSE

Actually, she was going to visit someone in another bldg in the nursing home facility. I can't say whether or not she was exactly harmless, because she had that big Akita with her and my CLUB lock was in my car. Did I provoke this......driving wise, yeah, alil, I'll be honest. I worried more about my car being keyed after my mom ranted me to death about ignoring crazy people like her.

As for the pic in the other post, that was Ms. Thick's fault, she, I, how could you not, GRRRR...........*sigh* nevermind!
hey hey hey!!! how did I get in this thread.....I was just gonna mention bad Fl driver's making left turns from the far right lane and then I see my name!!!

what did I do???
I'm innocent!! and if I'm not I plead the fifth!!!
Old 09-30-2002, 08:40 AM

Originally posted by slickrick
living in south florida made me used to this. its commonplace there, and whenever some1 is driving like an idiot, dont bother with the horn, we just floor by them and flick them off. they get the idea. fl has the worst drivers. i dont mind if some1 drives the speed limit, just not 10 below on a 3 lane road. people get distracted easily, i.e. the lady and her dog so she deserved to have been smoked like a black n mild by a 3.5, ha ha.
Just try driving here in Dallas. I've seen people on their laptops typing away while driving in addition to being on the stupid phone holding up traffic behind them. Why can't everyone drive like me ?
Old 09-30-2002, 08:41 AM

I find this post as a complete waste of server space. I cut off people all the time and I get cut off all the time but I don't write about it. But I guess this is an open forum to write about whatever fancies you at that moment.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:51 AM

Originally posted by nice95GLE
I find this post as a complete waste of server space. I cut off people all the time and I get cut off all the time but I don't write about it. But I guess this is an open forum to write about whatever fancies you at that moment.
No worse than most kill stories, as he 'killed' a 3.0 vq with his 3.5

I guess thats the only reason I left it at all.. but will probably be 'pruned' soon.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:59 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I think that pic in your sig is a complete waste of bandwidth. Nice way to ruin a beautiful car! They want $165,000 for that???

Seriously though, I think something needed to be said about this. I cut people off a lot (I leave lots of room, no sudden cutoffs) because people in Houston can't drive, then I have to look back to see if they're ****ed and following me. I haven't been followed or attacked yet, but I'm sure it could happen. We just need to be careful and not provoke anything. People drive like jerks, just don't let it extend to a fight or vandalism once you leave the car.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:11 AM
Banned

As exaggerated as I made about cutting the lady off in her max, my real point which I should've clarified more was that if your going to drive with a big @ss dog in your car, much like talking on a cell phone, pull over and play, kiss, or do whatever you want, don't block people from driving, then get annoyed because they want to pass you. Paying attention to the road and the surroundings around you is what's important.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:13 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Tanman

I think that pic in your sig is a complete waste of bandwidth. Nice way to ruin a beautiful car! They want $165,000 for that???

Seriously though, I think something needed to be said about this. I cut people off a lot (I leave lots of room, no sudden cutoffs) because people in Houston can't drive, then I have to look back to see if they're ****ed and following me. I haven't been followed or attacked yet, but I'm sure it could happen. We just need to be careful and not provoke anything. People drive like jerks, just don't let it extend to a fight or vandalism once you leave the car.
Agreed!
Old 09-30-2002, 09:27 AM

RE: I think that pic in your sig is a complete waste of bandwidth

I don't see the connection between a pic in my sig and a useless post about cutting someone off. But I guess in all fairness, I am adding fuel to the fire by replying to a stupid comment about my sig.
Old 09-30-2002, 09:49 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

RE: I think that pic in your sig is a complete waste of bandwidth

I don't see the connection between a pic in my sig and a useless post about cutting someone off. But I guess in all fairness, I am adding fuel to the fire by replying to a stupid comment about my sig.
Burn baby, burn...

I'm just saying, have you read the other "useless" posts on this forum? I think this thread is as useful as any other, just making us aware of potential problems and the dangers of wreckless driving.

As for my comments about your sig, you're complaining about wasting server space, so I pointed out that your sig pic wastes bandwidth since we have to download it when we view your comment. No offense meant .

edit: At least this post is about two Maximas. Have you seen the post "Beware the new neon"?
Old 09-30-2002, 10:08 AM

Tanman!

No offense taken. I feel there is so much other useful thing we can be discussing other than this. Sometimes I logon view some of the topics and logoff. I think this org has its' useful info but I feel that 80% of the things discuss have no business being posted IMO.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:17 AM
Banned

Tanman!

No offense taken. I feel there is so much other useful thing we can be discussing other than this. Sometimes I logon view some of the topics and logoff. I think this org has its' useful info but I feel that 80% of the things discuss have no business being posted IMO.

Not for nothin, but do you realize everytime you reply to this thread, you keep it up? I knew from the get-go I was going to get flamed one way or another, and I'm not saying you can't speak your mind, but if you ignore it and go onto the next thread, it will eventually diminish.