Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Halon high quality Fire Extinquisher GB-Red or Chrome

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 11:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Halon high quality Fire Extinquisher GB-Red or Chrome

**please read everything thoroughly before asking or ordering**

**i'm a well known member of TwinTurbo.net and some of the guys suggested that i make this offer here since its the best price around for a true "real" top of the line fire extinquisher! So please save the "newbie" flames (some of you already know me)**

OK - here's what i'm offering - my g/f works for a firesafety company here in town and the owner has offered to sell me extinquishers at their cost (yes thats right - their cost - they like her and like me so they are being cool as hell about this).

honestly - i just got back after taking pics and speaking w/ the head of their fire ext department...he literally laughed at me for not marking these prices up - he said i could easily sell these for $30 a peice more than i am and that he never sell them for cost - so in other words we're getting a sweet freaking deal here people!

Lets go over the new basics:

>This a 2 1/2lb HALATRON high quality fire ext (chrome or red) and he went into detail about Halatron - he said that halatron is essentially a gas and leaves ZERO clean up as it evaperates. Halatron is also the new legal form of HALON - said the next best thing is C02 which only comes in 5lb containers - and then described what would happen if we used the APC "dry powder style" - said if you took a bucket of baby powder and poured it over your engine - it still wouldnt be as hard to clean as the dry powder chems.

>these come w/ a 6 yr warranty (holy **** yes) - find that anywhere else. As long as the seal isnt broken they are warrantied for 6 years.

>they come filled, pressurized, and ready to use.

>they come w/ brackets (red comes w/ red-check pics and chrome comes w/ black).

>they are extrememly heat resistant

>they weight a total of 4lbs and 10ozs filled - that is w/ 2 1/2 lbs of halatron. they are 14" tall with a 3" shell and the widest point is 5" wide and that is at the handle

>they can have them at the shop within 3 days of placing the order (i can then pick them up and ship them that next day to you)

>they are selling these at price - not a penny of mark up whatsoever! They will not offer this again as they said it was a 1 time deal - next time will be higher pricing.

Not sure what else you need to think about to protect your ride - buck for $100+ or so bucks for peice of mind- i think your crazy not to get a real extinquisher. Also i went to a local parts store today (to do the stickers) and they had 1 APC fire ext there - was $69.95 for a 1lb dry chem peice of **** and thats before shipping costs!!

Here are several pics i took today w/ it next to the 1lb APC which is 10" tall.

here are the rest of the pics:
http://www.leadleader.com/wagz/fire_ex1_sml.jpg
http://www.leadleader.com/wagz/fire_ex_brack1_sml.jpg
http://www.leadleader.com/wagz/fire_ex_noz_sml.jpg
http://www.leadleader.com/wagz/fire_ex_z_sml.jpg
http://www.leadleader.com/wagz/fire_ex_z2_sml.jpg
http://www.leadleader.com/wagz/fire_ex3_sml.jpg

*the chrome extinquisher pictured is a cheap dry chemical APC 1lb unit - i used it to show comparisons and i paid $70 for it 6 months ago!
** i dont have any pics of the chrome as they are not in stock - but they are basically the same design and they are the same size. They come w/ a black mounting bracket!

Alright - all that being said:

Here is the final pricing and yes i'm adding $15 for shipping per unit as i will ship these "priority mail" so that tracking #'s can be giving out. I'll also be 100% honest - i'm adding an xtra $5 over cost (and from what i'm offering this at TTnet for) to cover my time.

>>2 1/2lb Red fire extinguisher total price including shipping and assuming GB is not met (if it is everyone gets $6 bucks back) and tax and they're shipping costs = $105.00 total via paypal (i've also included the paypal charge in the final price)

>>2 1/2lb Chrome fire extinquisher total price including shipping and assuming GB is not met (if it is everyone gets $6 bucks back) and tax and they're shipping costs = $130.00 total via paypal (i've also included the paypal charge in the final price)

Recap:

2 1/2lb RED FIRE= $105.00 shipped total

2 1/2lb CHROME FIRE= $130.00 shipped total

Again for those that want a break down:

*Each fire extinquisher costs them $3 to ship to their store and i'm adding $15 in to priority ship these (continental US buyers only-outside US contact me) to each person ordering and adding roughly $3 an order for paypal charges. I've also accounted that we will not hit each GB of 20 red sold and or 20 chrome sold (each is seperate) so i've added the $6 per bottle in to the price which will be refunded should we hit the GB for each seperate GB.

*If we hit 20 red purchases, the red buyers will get $6 back, if we hit 20 chrome purchases, the chrome buyers will get $6 back

my paypal account is: wagz@myttz.com
please include your style ordered, what forum you're from (so i can keep track of the GB's here) and make sure the paypal info has your correct address.

Thank you,
Wagzmy paypal account is: wagz@myttz.com

ps:
My plan is to order these next week which means i should have them 3 days after i place the order and can ship them promptly after.

If you live near me - and want to pick them up w/o me shipping them take out the $15 shipping charge i'm adding from whichever product you're buying and thats your total - but make those comments in your order through paypal
Old 07-19-2002, 04:25 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Price is not bad. I can get the chrome one locally at retail price for $145.

https://www.ogracing.com/ogshell/loa...6+catfire.html
Old 07-19-2002, 04:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
Price is not bad. I can get the chrome one locally at retail price for $145.

https://www.ogracing.com/ogshell/loa...6+catfire.html
well a couple things - that is the old "halon" and most shops are selling that more cheaply b/c it is now illegal to sell anymore (unless its in stock in which case its fine) - but they push them out more quickly.

Next thing - is my pricing is still better on both units and it includes shipping/taxes and all in my price.

Just trying to help out some forum members here since a bunch of TT.net guys are in on it. I can't complain when the owner of the fire safety company is giving me these at exact "cost" - they are basically only $75 for red and $98 for chrome (before tax, shipping, etc etc.).

Not bad at all!

L8r,
Wagz
Old 07-20-2002, 07:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

if anyone is interested - please email me soon.
The last orders will be taken monday morning.
We have roughly 16 orders from twinturbo.net.

Thanks,
Wagz
Old 07-25-2002, 09:01 PM

isn't halatron a less versatile substance as it is only for class C type fires... and the APC version is an ABC dry chem fire extiguisher...
Old 07-26-2002, 06:58 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Have you ever try to clean up after using the dry chemical extinguisher? Most of the times, it pretty much ruined the parts. Halon is gas that do not leave residue. That's the beauty of it.

Originally posted by Gotrice4
isn't halatron a less versatile substance as it is only for class C type fires... and the APC version is an ABC dry chem fire extiguisher...
Old 07-26-2002, 09:54 PM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
Have you ever try to clean up after using the dry chemical extinguisher? Most of the times, it pretty much ruined the parts. Halon is gas that do not leave residue. That's the beauty of it.

i've cleaned up after using dry chemical, but not on a car... I was no way trying to deter or mess up this guy's group deal...i was just trying to make sure people got what they needed for the proper safety...i was informed that halatron was only for class C fires...but after more research found it to be acceptable for A,B,and C class fires...my apologies