4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Check engine light, ECU code 11:1

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2002, 03:26 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Check engine light, ECU code 11:1

I got in my car this morning and that pesky check engine light pops up. The CAI and Y-Pipe have been installed for over two months so I don't think it is one of those two but you never know. Anyway, the ECU code is 11:1, please help guys
Old 02-15-2002, 06:11 PM

Re: Check engine light, ECU code 11:1

Originally posted by climaxing
I got in my car this morning and that pesky check engine light pops up. The CAI and Y-Pipe have been installed for over two months so I don't think it is one of those two but you never know. Anyway, the ECU code is 11:1, please help guys
By 11:1 I am assuming you mean 1101, which according to my Haynes manual, is the "Park/Neutral position switch or circuit fault." Please see http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....osition+switch for more info. The rest of my search results are here: http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...der=descending You might also consider buying a Haynes manual for about $15.
Old 02-20-2002, 06:38 PM

Where exactly is this Park/Neutral position switch
Old 02-23-2002, 11:46 AM

Where exactly is this Park/Neutral position switch
I bought a Haynes manual and I can't find this "Park/Neutral position switch". I think the maxima they were showing is an automatic, I don't know if that matter or not. On the picture, they don't tell you if the picture is from above the car, below the car or this on the passenger side or driver side. If anyone can provide any information I would greatly appreciate it, the check engine light has been on for a week and according to the other post, I could posibly get stranded out somewhere because my car won't crank. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2002, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Re: Re: Check engine light, ECU code 11:1

Holy **** an asskicking newbie

Originally posted by Solo950

By 11:1 I am assuming you mean 1101, which according to my Haynes manual, is the "Park/Neutral position switch or circuit fault." Please see http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....osition+switch for more info. The rest of my search results are here: http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...der=descending You might also consider buying a Haynes manual for about $15.
Old 02-24-2002, 10:28 PM

1101 - Inhibitor switch circuit

"A/T control unit does not receive the correct voltage signal from the switch based on the gear possition."

His sig says 5-speed...
Old 02-24-2002, 11:44 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Then it must be 0111 - Evaporative Purge Flow Monitoring

"In this evaporative emission (EVAP) control system, purge volume is related to air intake volume and occurs during non-closed throttle conditions. In normal pruge conditions (non-closed throttle), the EVAP canistore pruge volume control valve and EVAP canister purge control valve are open to admit purge flow. Purge flow exposes the EVAP control system pressure sensor to intake manifold vacuum."
Old 02-25-2002, 05:02 PM

It could be 0111 because I have to reset the ECU then pop my head back up and try to read the code. "Then it must be 0111 - Evaporative Purge Flow Monitoring " Is this a serious problem and how do I fix it. I do have a Haynes manual and I don't really have any of the systems: 1) poor idle, stalling and drivability, fuel loss(this last tank I got 29 mpg) or fuel odor. I do have a 5speed so that is why the 1101 wasn't really making any sense to me. Am I in danger of my car cutting off going down the road, I drive 150 miles round trip everyday back and forth to work (yes it does suck but I am getting ready to move a lot closer). Thanks again guys.
Old 08-18-2002, 02:56 PM

It could be 0111 because I have to reset the ECU then pop my head back up and try to read the code. "Then it must be 0111 - Evaporative Purge Flow Monitoring " Is this a serious problem and how do I fix it. I do have a Haynes manual and I don't really have any of the systems: 1) poor idle, stalling and drivability, fuel loss(this last tank I got 29 mpg) or fuel odor. I do have a 5speed so that is why the 1101 wasn't really making any sense to me. Am I in danger of my car cutting off going down the road, I drive 150 miles round trip everyday back and forth to work (yes it does suck but I am getting ready to move a lot closer). Thanks again guys.
any solution to this? i'm getting the same code...0111 that is.
Old 08-18-2002, 03:15 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

If it's 0111, it's not going to help much:

DTC 0111

Diagnostic Trouble Code 0111 is detected when ...

- EVAP control system does not operate properly.
- EVAP control system has a leak in the line between intake manifold and EVAP control system pressure sensor.

Possible causes include ...

- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve stuck closed.
- EVAP control system pressure sensor and its circuit.
- Loose, disconnected, or improper connection of rubber tube.
- Blocked rubber tube.
- Blocked or bent rubber tube to MAP/BARO switch solenoid valve.
- Cracked EVAP canister.
- EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve.
- Closed Throttle Position Switch.
- Improper connection of one-way valve.
- Blocked purge port.
- EVAP canister vent control valve.

This is a "jackpot" code. It points to so many possible causes as to be almost useless. It may be accompanied by another DTC which is more specific.

It's highly recommended you look over these search results for this particular code:

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...der=descending

Here's a good post from that search by Daniel B. with a good recommendation:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....highlight=0111

which is to keep driving. Other codes should accompany this one.

Let us know when that occurs, or simply look up the additional code via search here in the 4th generation forum only.
Old 08-18-2002, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by bill99gxe
If it's 0111, it's not going to help much:

actually it was quite helpful. knowing the 0111 problem is not a serious one that will impact driveability is comforting--at least for now. luckily i'm not getting any other codes at this time
:knocks on wood:

too bad i couldn't find those entries when i did a search. thanks again.
Old 09-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Banned

How do I fix 1101? I have replaced the relay/fuse, whatever its called right under the battery(if standing from the front of the car). I still get 1101. Some more help on how to completely fix this issue?
Thanks
Old 09-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Dreizehn,

Hi. New to the forum. Got a question for you.

First, background: My car was having trouble starting, and every once in a while it just wouldn't. After having it tested and having found nothing wrong with it, I drove it for a while. Then it just quit starting all together. I took the starter out and had it tested. Sure enough, it was going bad. I replaced the starter, and all appeared well, until it wouldn't start. No hesitating now... Either starts up beautifully, or it doesn't at all. The clincher... A trouble code came up - 1101.

The problem is, in my book both 1003 & 1101 read this way: "Park/Neutral position switch or circuit fault."

My question is what's the difference between the two?

Any help from you or anyone else will be appreciated.

Thanks