4th Generation Classifieds (1995-1999) The highly sought after variable intake may be a click away.

CA ptatohed’s garage clear-out: 8+ years in the making. Many items. Some rare…

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 04:14 AM
Licensed to Spell

ptatohed’s garage clear-out: 8+ years in the making. Many items. Some rare…

I have been thinking/talking about doing this for some time now. I finally got around to making myself do it! I went through every box on every shelf in my garage, set aside all of the “for sale” items, took pictures and, well, created this ad. This is over eight year’s worth of collected Maxima (and a few non-Maxima) parts and accessories. Some are things I planned to use but didn’t, some are items I have since replaced with different items and, heck, some things I have no idea where they came from.

Below is a list of all the items I am selling, with a brief description. If you have any questions or want additional pictures, please ask. Please note that some of the items are large/heavy so I ask that they be sold via pick-up only, no shipping. Items located in Murrieta CA 92562.

1.) 1997-1999 brand new OEM unpainted SE grill, with OEM mounting screws (the square rubber ones). Having no idea what I paid, I checked Courtesy Nissan’s site and I see $85. Asking $50 pick-up, $60 shipped.

2.) Sold Genuine 1995-1996 Stillen original SMX grill, never installed/used. I had the grill painted Arctic Pearl White but it was never installed. For those of you who know the history of this grill, you know it is very rare. Stillen stopped making this grill quite some time ago. It’s in pretty good shape but there is a little wear/scuffs from being moved and stored. Not really knowing how to price this part, I checked the price of the closest available piece which is the Sarona NS-002-GR grill for $200 + shipping. How about $140 pick-up, $150 shipped. Link to "equivalent" Sarona grill.

3.) Both Sold Don’t ask why I have two but I have two silver brand new Place Racing Cold Air Intakes (CAI). Everything is included, even the PR instructions, PR sticker and even the rubber trim to place around the CAI hole opening. Again, this is a very rare part as they have not been made for a while now. One of these CAIs is for ‘95/’96 and one is for ’97-’99. Not knowing how to price these CAIs, I did a quick search and I found a group deal of $129 each, way back in the day. So, how about $90 each pick-up, $105 shipped.

4.) 1997-1999 brand new, unused, unpainted OEM front bumper cover with mounting hardware. I almost forgot - please note that I previously cut off the vertical slats in the lower mouth as well as removed the front plate mounting area (removed for increased air flow). Other than that, the bumper cover is unmodified. I see $261 on Courtesy’s website, so let’s say $150. Pick-up only.

5.) 1997-1999 brand new, unused, unpainted OEM rear bumper cover. I see $282 on Courtesy’s website, so let’s say $150. Pick-up only. And no Molly, my golden retriever, is not for sale, so don’t ask.

6.) Sold Nissan accessory plastic sunroof wind deflector. Used. In okay condition but not perfect. $20 pick-up, $30 shipped.

7.) Sold Paradox Type X spoiler with clear LED third brake light, brand new unused, unpainted. This is a near-replica of the "famous" Stillen Type II spoiler, which is basically an OEM spoiler but a little taller. I'm pretty sure this mounts in the same holes as the OEM SE spoiler. I remember paying $100 shipped. I’m asking $65. Pick-up only.

8.) Sarona Design NS-006-HD hood. I have to add that I had my brother, a professional auto body mechanic, start to modify this hood for me but he ran out of time while visiting from out of state so it became an unfinished project. He removed the raised/staircased area at the back of the hood near the windshield and opened up the back to be a true cowl design to allow hot air to escape. He wasn’t able to finish the final smoothing/filling/sanding. Please note that this hood still needs a little work by a professional – it is not quite ready to simply be painted and installed. I test-fitted it and, with a little tweaking of the OEM hood latch, it fits pretty well. The benefits are weight reduction (10+ lb less than a stock hood if I remember correctly), functional air intake scoops for lower engine temperatures and a unique appearance. I paid $700 plus shipping (which I think exceeded $100). (It currently sells for $650 + shipping from Sarona.) Because this hood still needs some work, I am willing to sell it for $350. Pick-up only. Link to Sarona hood.

9.) The spoiler I had on my ’96 but have since removed. In my 20s, I loved it. Now that I am in my 30s, I find it a bit too tall for my tastes. It is painted Arctic Pearl White (available on the Maxima from ’95-’98). It has some scuffs here and there from being moved and stored. You can see it installed on my ’96 in the “Visit ptatohed’s homepage!” cardomain link under my screen name. $50 pick-up only.

10.) Sold A Courtesy Nissan Front Strut Tower Brace (FSTB). My very first Maxima mod purchase! I actually found the receipt for this. The feet were originally red and I had them painted Arctic Pearl White. I paid $60 plus shipping way back when. $25 pick-up strongly preferred but I might be able to be talked into shipping it.

11.) Rubber Automatic shifter used but in mint condition. This is from my ’99. Note that in ’97 or ’98 Nissan switched the OD button from in-out to one-touch toggle style. This is the one-touch style. $5 pick-up, $9 shipped.

12.) Sold 1995-1996 original APC outer clear taillights, brand new. I know these are very desirable and very rare (have been discontinued for some time now). These are the lights which are often referred to as "David Ls", meaning, these are the lights he started with, opened them up and painted the inside of the lower half red. You can also paint the outside of the lights red with Testors paint (you just might have to redo it every few years). These lights are the only way for '95/'96 owners to have red/clear taillights. I’ve seen these go for $300 on e-bay. Even used ones go for $200+. I don’t want to be greedy but I know the value of these. I’m going to ask $190 pick-up, $205 shipped.

13.) Sold 1995-1996 Altezza taillights, new but broken. This was an experiment gone bad. My intention was to open them up and paint the chrome body color. My project ended after chipping one of the corners of the (left) outer taillight. I was able to take apart one of the (left) inner lights so it is in two pieces right now. I don’t know why but the chrome of the taken apart taillight is spotted and I can’t get the spots off. I bought these when they were newly released and paid over $200. Hopefully someone can fix them or use them for parts. $10 pick-up or $25 shipped.

14.) Sold I don’t know why I only have the front driver side and one rear power window switch in GLE “wood” trim. Free $0 pick-up, $5 shipped.

15.) Sold 1997-1999 dark gray plastic interior A-Pillar trim. These are from my 1999 after I bought “fuzzy” pillars for it. In fine condition. $5 pick-up, $15 shipped.

16.) Sold A Car Sound high-flow catalytic converter. This is from my ’96 and I believe these are ‘95/’96 specific but they may work with a ’97-’99. It is used and scratched but in fine functioning condition. $20 pick-up, $35 shipped.

17.) Sold OEM “pleather” e-brake boot, mint condition. Please note, I took the metal wire base frame from it for my replacement leather boot. You’ll need to re-use your old wire. $3 pick-up, $5 shipped.

18.) Sold 1997-1999 complete fog light set, used with damaged glass. This set is sweet and sour. I have a complete set here. And I mean complete – The (used) brackets, the (used) fog lights, a brand new OEM steering stalk to add to a Maxima that didn’t originally come with fogs, the (new) needed relay, (new) mounting hardware, even the (brand new) little black plastic decorative screw covers and even the factory installation instructions – but….. both fog lights have glass damage. They do work though. Oh, no H3 bulbs either. $20 pick-up, $40 shipped.

19.) Sold Don’t ask why I only have three (I think I used one as a spare one day and left it at the tire shop – doh!) but I have three used “snowflake” GLE wheels. They are not in the best condition. The tires are absolute trash. Free $0 pick-up only.

20.) Sold My old Image-brand 17” wheels. They are in somewhat okay condition but have their fair share of curb rash on a few and even some clear-coat damage on one. They are structurally fine. I have an extra (new) center cap. You can see them installed on my ’96 in the “Visit ptatohed’s homepage!” cardomain link under my screen name. $10 each ($40 total) pick-up only.

21.) A used Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS). $5 pick-up, $10 shipped.

22.) Sold The same shift **** I am currently using. Used. Half brushed aluminum and half perforated leather. It has some scratches on the aluminum (darn mechanics!). Can be used for an auto (you’ll need to convert your shifter to push down to shift style) or manual. It was $20+tax new. $4 pick-up, $8 shipped.

23.) Sold A half leather, half silver shift **** from an Infiniti (I forget which model). Great condition. This was for a project that didn’t go through. It doesn’t have the push down to shift option like the **** mentioned in #22 so it might only be usable on a manual. $5 pick-up, $9 shipped.

24.) Not necessarily Maxima-specific but I figured since I am putting together a sale thread anyway, why not? A collection of various car speakers. I believe all are Boston Acoustics. 6”x9”s, 6”, 4”, tweeters and a dual 10” subwoofer box (no subwoofer speakers). I don’t know the value of these so please make an offer.

25.) Lastly, and please excuse me for listing Mustang parts but they were in my garage and I would like to sell them, so here they are. 1996-1998 Altezza taillights for a Ford Mustang, brand new, unused. I have no idea where these came from. $45 pick-up, $65 shipped.

I will post one picture per item number above but all of the pictures can be seen here: Photobucket link to all pictures.

#1 1997-1999 OEM SE grill

#2 Sold 1995-1996 Stillen SMX grill

#3 Both Sold Place Racing CAI

#4 OEM '97-'99 front bumper cover

#5 OEM '97-'99 rear bumper cover (again, Molly is not for sale!)

#6 Sold Sunroof wind deflector

#7 Sold Paradox Type X spoiler

#8 Sarona Design hood

#9 Spoiler

#10 Sold Courtesy FSTB

#11 OEM Automatic shifter

#12 Sold '95/'96 APC clear outer taillights

Last edited by ptatohed; 06-30-2013 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 10-17-2010, 04:15 AM
Licensed to Spell

Pictures continued...

#13 Sold '95/'96 Altezza taillights

#14 Sold Two of four GLE "wood" window switches

#15 Sold Plastic A-Pillars

#16 Sold Car Sound cat

#17 Sold OEM e-brake boot

#18 Sold '97-'99 fog light set

#19 Sold Three 15" OEM "snowflakes"

#20 Sold 17" Image split-spoke 5-star silver wheels

#21 Used OEM VSS

#22 Sold Pilot "Impulse" shift ****

#23 Sold Infiniti shift ****

#24 Misc. car stereo speakers and box

#25 '96-'98 Ford Mustang Altezza taillights

Last edited by ptatohed; 08-05-2012 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Remove "reserved for pics" and add pics
Old 10-17-2010, 04:25 AM
Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac. Prounced Ii-eee-ack.

Interested in shift *****. Please post pics.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:09 AM

ill take the fogs and the sunroof visor
Old 10-17-2010, 10:21 AM

All FS threads should be like this...well done!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:15 AM

Are the shift ***** screw on?
Old 10-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Got Retrofit?

Sick prices on the PR CAI's. I have one and love it. GLWS.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:01 PM

Wow, I can't imagine how long this took to put together! Interested in the VSS and possibly the hood. I suggest you maybe post a link to this in the West Coast Regional section, maybe in some of the meet threads. You'd probably get some pretty good local interest from that. I'll get back to you in a few days about the VSS (I gotta make sure that's what I broke when I did my trans rebuild) and the hood (I need to look at the other pics of it). GLWS!
Old 10-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 06_touring
Exactly. Took the words right out of my mouth. Good job Ptatohed.

.......and here's your obligatory and cheesy "GLWS"

Some super rare stuff in here people...get it while you can.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:16 PM
2003 Nisan Maxima

what kind of speakers are those?
Old 10-17-2010, 04:21 PM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by Iilac
Interested in shift *****. Please post pics.
Dude, what were you doing up at 4:30am? You snuck in while I was preparing the second post with pics!

Originally Posted by Br0nz
ill take the fogs and the sunroof visor
Br0nz, you had first dibs (I've received additional PMs since yours). Please PayPal ptatohed@netzero.net

Originally Posted by 06_touring
Thanks 06. It was time consuming. But I know, as a buyer, I like nice ads so I thought it was the right thing to do.

Are the shift ***** screw on?
Which ones? I have three listed. And what do you mean by screw on? Number 22 uses a set screw and Number 23 is internally threaded and you twist it on. Did that answer your question?

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
Sick prices on the PR CAI's. I have one and love it. GLWS.
Chris, do you know if they will work for all 4th gen years?

Originally Posted by RyanTaylorClark
Wow, I can't imagine how long this took to put together! Interested in the VSS and possibly the hood. I suggest you maybe post a link to this in the West Coast Regional section, maybe in some of the meet threads. You'd probably get some pretty good local interest from that. I'll get back to you in a few days about the VSS (I gotta make sure that's what I broke when I did my trans rebuild) and the hood (I need to look at the other pics of it). GLWS!
Hey Ryan. Dude, why do you think it was posted at 4:30am? lol Just let me know about the VSS and hood. Thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by The Wizard
Exactly. Took the words right out of my mouth. Good job Ptatohed.

.......and here's your obligatory and cheesy "GLWS"

Some super rare stuff in here people...get it while you can.
Thanks Wizy.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:40 PM
Gram Lights addict

bump for a great seller.

those clear tail lights are a needle in a haystack, seen em go for $300+. someone cop em
Old 10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by ptatohed
As far as I know, the only difference between the '95-'96 and '97-'99 CAIs is how the IAT is mounted. Everything else is the same.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:54 PM
Gram Lights addict

josh how much higher is the type X spoiler compared to stock? can you post comparo pics? is it as high as ionic's CF ?
Old 10-17-2010, 05:16 PM

GLWS Ptatohed hope all these rare parts go to a good home
Old 10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
4th Gen Parts King

I'll take #17.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by Teaner
what kind of speakers are those?
Teaner, this is answered in the for-sale thread. Boston Acoustics.

As far as I know, the only difference between the '95-'96 and '97-'99 CAIs is how the IAT is mounted. Everything else is the same.
Thanks Chris. So the answer to my questions is...............? ;p

Originally Posted by QT1 5MT AE
josh how much higher is the type X spoiler compared to stock? can you post comparo pics? is it as high as ionic's CF ?
QT1,
Hmmm... it should be equally as high as the old Stillen Type II. I know that doesn't answer your question though. I just measured it and the Type X is about 3.5" from bottom of foot to top of spoiler. Unfortunately my OEM trunk with OEM spoiler is in the attic so I can't easily measure it, sorry.

Originally Posted by Maxima_Joe
I'll take #17.
No way! After years of buying Maxima stuff from Fanaticrock, I have the honor of selling to him! Wow. Please PayPal ptatohed@netzero.net and I will get it out right away Joe. Thanks.

Last edited by ptatohed; 12-08-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:01 PM
4th Gen Parts King

No way! After years of buying Maxima stuff from Fanaticrock, I have the honor of selling to him! Wow. Please PayPal ptatohed@netzero.net and I will get it out right away Joe. Thanks.
Thought about buying more lol. I then realized this was the only item I really needed right now.
Payment sent as a gift so there were no fees. There will be no shipping link so just use this link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now
My address was included in the notes.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:10 PM

ill take impact shift* ****.

PM address
Old 10-17-2010, 06:46 PM

money sent! Thank you.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:03 PM

money sent! Thank you.
So fogs are sold?
Old 10-17-2010, 07:08 PM

il take # 10 if shipped to 20109 lmk
Old 10-17-2010, 07:25 PM

I get paid on the 31st. Im REALLY interested in one of the CAI's. Im really hoping you have one by then...
Old 10-17-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by 2000_MAXIMA_KING
So fogs are sold?

yea sorry man
Old 10-17-2010, 08:55 PM

ill take the auto shifter

paypal ready

Last edited by hornepirate; 10-17-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:28 PM
Got Retrofit?

Thanks Chris. So the answer to my questions is...............? ;p
They'll work for all 4th gens...
Old 10-17-2010, 10:00 PM

Ha, I just got back from a night of partying so I was up late. I will take the shift *****. Let me know if it is still available.

Thanks.

Dude, what were you doing up at 4:30am? You snuck in while I was preparing the second post with pics!

Br0nz, you had first dibs (I've received additional PMs since yours). Please PayPal ptatohed@netzero.net

Thanks 06. It was time consuming. But I know, as a buyer, I like nice ads so I thought it was the right thing to do.

Which ones? I have three listed. And what do you mean by screw on? Number 22 uses a set screw and Number 23 is internally threaded and you twist it on. Did that answer your question?

Hey Ryan. Dude, why do you think it was posted at 4:30am? lol Just let me know about the VSS and hood. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks Wizy.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:23 AM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by mista0406
GLWS Ptatohed hope all these rare parts go to a good home
Me too mista. Thanks.

Originally Posted by shadyonedeath
ill take impact shift* ****.
PM address
Do you mean the Impulse (#22)?. I think Iilac was in front of you with dibs. If he doesn't want it, you are next with dibs.

money sent! Thank you.
Thanks David. I will get them off early this week. Enjoy. Let me know if you have any questions after you receive them.

Originally Posted by 2000_MAXIMA_KING
So fogs are sold?
Sorry, they went to Br0nz.

Originally Posted by aic96max
il take # 10 if shipped to 20109 lmk
aic, I hate to sound rude but I'm not the biggest fan of shipping. Especially when it's a long object like a FSTB and I don't have a box. If no one locally wants it, I will look for a box and provide you with a shipping quote. Thanks.

Originally Posted by 95Maxed
I get paid on the 31st. Im REALLY interested in one of the CAI's. Im really hoping you have one by then...
95, Putting you down as dibs, just in case there are two people who want the last one at that time.

Originally Posted by hornepirate
ill take the auto shifter
paypal ready
horn, please be specific. Do you mean the OEM shifter (#11)? Assuming Iilac didn't mean this one too, then I think you are the first to ask for this item. Please PayPal ptatohed@netzero.net and include your screen name and item being purchased. Thanks.

They'll work for all 4th gens...
Rad, thanks Chris.

Ha, I just got back from a night of partying so I was up late. I will take the shift *****. Let me know if it is still available.
Thanks.
Iilac, please be specific. Do you mean items #22 and #23? Or #11 too? Please PayPal ptatohed@netzero.net and include your screen name and item being purchased. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:59 AM
ef9

I want one of the PR CAI please.

Stan
Old 10-18-2010, 01:20 AM

np , you can make a box from a bigge box w some tape. keep me posted
Old 10-18-2010, 01:46 AM

I will take 23 only then. Can't be greedy ha. You have paypal.

Me too mista. Thanks.

Do you mean the Impulse (#22)?. I think Iilac was in front of you with dibs. If he doesn't want it, you are next with dibs.

Thanks David. I will get them off early this week. Enjoy. Let me know if you have any questions after you receive them.

Sorry, they went to Br0nz.

aic, I hate to sound rude but I'm not the biggest fan of shipping. Especially when it's a long object like a FSTB and I don't have a box. If no one locally wants it, I will look for a box and provide you with a shipping quote. Thanks.

95, Putting you down as dibs, just in case there are two people who want the last one at that time.

horn, please be specific. Do you mean the OEM shifter (#11)? Assuming Iilac didn't mean this one too, then I think you are the first to ask for this item. Please PayPal ptatohed@netzero.net and include your screen name and item being purchased. Thanks.

Rad, thanks Chris.

Iilac, please be specific. Do you mean items #22 and #23? Or #11 too? Please PayPal ptatohed@netzero.net and include your screen name and item being purchased. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:41 AM

Thanks man.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:20 AM

i was referring to #22 but looks like im too late...
Old 10-18-2010, 05:55 AM

Yes, the Impulse push down shift **** for automatics.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:04 PM

so has #22 sold yet? ever since i saw your thread using this shifter ive been dieing for one. plz let me know asap
Old 10-18-2010, 07:13 PM

so do you know i the pr cai will work on a 97? i wanna buy it but just need some clarification.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:29 AM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by ef9
I want one of the PR CAI please.
Stan
Stan, please specify '95/'96 or '97-'99. It looks like you have a '96? paypay is ptatohed@netzero.net

Originally Posted by aic96max
np , you can make a box from a bigge box w some tape. keep me posted
That's fine aic. I will do that. Please include an additional $10 for shipping, so $35 total. paypal is ptatohed@netzero.net. Thanks.

I will take 23 only then. Can't be greedy ha. You have paypal.
Got it. Thanks!

Originally Posted by hornepirate
i was referring to #22 but looks like im too late...
Yeah, too late since shady was in front of you with dibs. Sorry.

Originally Posted by shadyonedeath
Yes, the Impulse push down shift **** for automatics.
It's yours. Please see your PM.

Originally Posted by repmax96
so has #22 sold yet? ever since i saw your thread using this shifter ive been dieing for one. plz let me know asap
Sorry, sold. If you have an AutoZone near you, you might be able to find a new one for sale.

Originally Posted by eFLO
so do you know i the pr cai will work on a 97? i wanna buy it but just need some clarification.
O.k., I looked into this further and there is a difference. There are two different PR part numbers - one for '95/'96 and one for '97-'99. The '95 has a hole in the pipe with two screw holes around it, for the intake temp sensor. The '97 has one big hole that accepts a push-in gromit. I should have noticed this earlier but I actually have one of each! So, one person can buy a '95 CAI and one can buy a '97. I think ef9 has a '96 and you have a '99 so that should work out perfectly. paypal is ptatohed@netzero.net. Please include your screen name and exactly what you are ordering. Thanks.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:33 AM
ef9

Yes, 1996 A32.

Paypal sent. Please confirm you received paypal payment (gift).

Thanks,

Stan
Old 10-20-2010, 12:50 AM
Licensed to Spell

Originally Posted by ef9
Yes, 1996 A32.

Paypal sent. Please confirm you received paypal payment (gift).

Thanks,

Stan
Got it Stan. I will send it out within a day or two. Thanks. Enjoy!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:56 AM

Arg. Haha. Oh well, enjoy those intakes you two! haha

Quick Reply: CA ptatohed’s garage clear-out: 8+ years in the making. Many items. Some rare…