4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Anyone with a HHO intake kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 09:57 PM

Anyone with a HHO intake kit?

I'm considering adding one of these under the hood, but was wondering if anyone out there already has a HHO intake kit on their maxima? If so, what kind of MPG and power increases are you seeing?

If you're not familiar with HHO, see here

Thanks

KM
Old 04-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Bacon Lover

If I remember right, there was someone from Australia or New Zealand or something that attempted this on his car that was on the .org. That was well over a year ago, though, so I don't remember much about it.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:45 AM

I am putting one on as we speak but I need to figure out which vacuum line I need to connect it to. No useful replies to my thread yet.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:18 AM

anyone care to give a 2 sentence reply as to what exactly this does? that see here link is pretty difficult to read and hard to find out what exactly it is you are doing.

Last edited by black_maxed95; 04-03-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Whatchyou say?

^^^ agreed .... WTF is HHO ???? If you're gonna blow your car up, get an Altima first, and be sure to film it and send us a link to the U Tube video.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:39 AM
I love lamp.

The link didn't seem to be much help either. The first sets of links is related to LPG injection into diesels...which people have been doing for a long time. Basically another form of nitrous for diesels. I didn't look completely, but the rest seems to be about hydrogen production in cars or something. I think I might be missing the point.

S
Old 04-03-2008, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by JtzMax
^^^ agreed .... WTF is HHO ???? If you're gonna blow your car up, get an Altima first, and be sure to film it and send us a link to the U Tube video.
LOL... ironically my mother drives an Altima...

HHO gas is water in gaseous form (Hydrogen Hydrogen Oxygen). It is obtained by running electrodes from the battery into the container filled with distilled water and electrolyte (baking soda) and is, of course, very explosive . Anybody actually go to their chemistry class or did you skip like me?

The HHO gas is then transfered in to the engine using a vacuum line (intake manifold vacuum line for example) resulting in cleaner burn, drastically reducing emmitions and gas consumption while adding extra power to the engine... apparently....

What makes the system safe is that the gas is not stored. Nearly all that is produced goes to the engine.

http://custommaxima.com/product_info...f14ab4e6267d69

http://www.driveonwater.com

Last edited by Kadantsev; 04-03-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Kadantsev
LOL... ironically my mother drives an Altima...

HHO gas is water in gaseous form (Hydrogen Hydrogen Oxygen). It is obtained by running electrodes from the battery into the container filled with distilled water and electrolyte (baking soda) and is, of course, very explosive . Anybody actually go to their chemistry class or did you skip like me?

The HHO gas is then transfered in to the engine using a vacuum line (intake manifold vacuum line for example) resulting in cleaner burn, drastically reducing emmitions and gas consumption while adding extra power to the engine... apparently....

What makes the system safe is that the gas is not stored. Nearly all that is produced goes to the engine.

http://custommaxima.com/product_info...f14ab4e6267d69

http://www.driveonwater.com

makes sense...how much did the kit cost you?

edit...i see it...did you really pay $928 for it?
Old 04-03-2008, 09:16 AM

No, no

I got the one at www.driveonwater.com for $150

http://www.driveonwater.com/drive-wa...membership-kit

At the time when I got it it was the only one available. They have much better ones now for around $450, but if you take a look at it closely you can easily make one yourself.

All it is is a container with two electrodes in it.

The CD that came with the package contained tons of useful info though. Some pretty radical 100% water engine plans. I showed these to a few people who major in physics, they agree it is possible.

Who knows, I might have the first maxima to have a 100% free energy engine.

Last edited by Kadantsev; 04-05-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:26 AM

It just looks like a basic electrolyser...so the engine sucks the hydrogen and oxygen from the jar into the engine? couldnt the water slosh around and get sucked up too? also it sounds like you hook it straight up to the battery...wouldnt that kill the battery when you arent driving or is there a on/off switch?
Old 04-03-2008, 09:44 AM

As far as I could read the testimonies there are no problems of this nature. The pull shouldn't be hard enough to suck the water in, besides, you are supposed to fill the jar 3/4, so it shouldn't be a problem. The fact that the tube to the vacuum line is 4 ft for safety reasons also plays a part in it. I am sure I could probably make some sort of a simple water catcher though, might be a good idea.

For the ellectrical, it doesn't hook up straight to a battery. It's recommended to hook this up to a system which runs with the engine, like windshield wipers or something. Our wipers run with aux though, so I will probably hook it up to ABS. Or install a switch.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:48 AM

Interested. Keep us posted.

I wanna see before and after dynos lol
Old 04-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Subscribed. Do you know anybody else who's doing this? I'm || that close to purchasing the info kit for $50. But your kit has all the hardware, right?
Dr J
Old 04-04-2008, 03:16 PM

its funny, i was on custommaxima.com earlier today and I was looking at this thing like WTF is it??? Seems dangerous...whatever though. Good luck on that project and let us know what results come with it.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by ThurzNite
Subscribed. Do you know anybody else who's doing this? I'm || that close to purchasing the info kit for $50. But your kit has all the hardware, right?
Dr J
Not entirely. The only thing that is missing is the fitting for the vacuum line.

Can be picked up in any home depot or autoparts store, going to grab it tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:38 PM

Location: [Summer: High Rock Lake, NC, USA] [Winter: Midway, NC, USA] [Current: St Bernard, LA]
I am actually trying to do the exact same thing right now for reasons of MPG gains as gasoline is so high these days and I cannot afford it! Well, I am actually doing a DIY electrolyzer by using electrical box covers (blank switchplates) made of stainless steel, all connected by 2 threaded rods, the switchplates have a small gap between them, and they have an electrical charge on them, this is:
+ - + - + - + - + - + - + -
it is a proven fact that when water comes between these electrical charges, the water molecules are split into their basic components, 2 hydrogen atoms and 1 oxygen atom! This is a mixture (NOT a compound) of hydrogen and oxygen which is an EXTREMELY explosive mixture! Believe it or not, this is the same chemicals that caused the tragic explosion of the infamous Hindenburg blimp (but in that case, there was a whole blimp full of it). This mixture can actually have more potential than gasoline and oxygen! And if this is designed properly, it can result in 3 things:
1. Big MPG gains
2. Big power gains
3. Less Harmful Exhaust
and the reason for the less harmful exhaust is because when this HHO gas is burned, the exhaust gas it produces is simply water vapor! This is an incredible step in the alternative energy movement and could mean a lot for the US economy (reducing foreign oil consumption)! I will definitely keep this thread in mind as I slowly but surely get this thing built! I will also keep you people posted on my progress! (but please don't be too pushy, as I am only 19, and I currently have 2 hands full! In college, and seeking a job (which is kind of hard in Davidson County, NC due to high layoffs). But I will definitely keep you guys posted on this as I am working on it, and I will tell you what my results are when I finally get it working!

And to those of you who are also doing this, "More power to you!" (and more MPG also!)

Good Luck!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:48 PM

Just wondering... why hasn't this surfaced earlier... as in (yes I kno the technology's been around forever), but why is it suddenly catching popularity?

Also, if this technology is already known, why hasn't a major auto manufacturer or after market company taken it up? What is it that us amateurs don't know, that the big guns do know?

Dr J
Old 04-06-2008, 09:29 PM

maybe the government pays the technoloists or whatever to stfu about it? I don't know. It would make sense if this really does work. Gas would sky rocket if everyone goes for this and IT WORKS. If i get an extra $1000 bucks (tax season 2009) I wanna try it out, but it gets cold out here so i dunno what effects that has in freezing weather..
Old 04-07-2008, 08:03 AM

It's actually very simple.

Automotive makers have hudge investments in the oil companies. Oil companies have even bigger investments in the auto industry. In the world where the ammount of doe decides everything you really don't see any ideas pushed simply because they are better. You see ideas that are profitable to some one.

I will be putting out the plans for 100% hydrogen water driven engines soon I got from the CD with my kit. Maybe they will be of use to somebody.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by shyheim07
maybe the government pays the technoloists or whatever to stfu about it? I don't know. It would make sense if this really does work. Gas would sky rocket if everyone goes for this and IT WORKS. If i get an extra $1000 bucks (tax season 2009) I wanna try it out, but it gets cold out here so i dunno what effects that has in freezing weather..
It's an educated guess but I believe the water will freeze in the winter
Old 04-07-2008, 01:51 PM

Here's an interesting video to watch on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhyrC...sist_Fuel_Cell

This is even more interesting:

http://preignitioncc.com/befreetech/flashPiccHi.htm

Same dude, same company.

Edit: Holy crap, these dudes are crazy! Just finished watching that last video, this new catalytic converter will make your car run on freakin' plasma! And it can be used with the Electrolyzer kit... I recommend you guys to watch this!

Last edited by Kadantsev; 04-07-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:56 PM

cool

Just started checking these out myself. Seriously thinking about doing it.
Thanks for making me feel not so crazy for entertaining the idea!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:16 PM

its all a conspiracy...obviously its possible to run a car on water or part water...its just not done because oil companies are greedy. They probably pay the government to keep this technology quiet. Oil companies know they arent gonna last much longer so that is why they are jacking up prices, they are trying to get every last penny possible before they are done.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Kadantsev
will make your car run on freakin' plasma!
Dood, it's like Mr Fusion from back to the future.
Dr J
Old 04-07-2008, 08:29 PM

Very small update.

I had an hour to work on the car today.

About a third of work has been done of the install. Really took 15 minutes, plus bout 45 minutes of walking around the car chickening out to pull the hose (it is after all the first time I got my hands into the engine).

First I went to Home Depot on sunday and got a fitting. I was much longer then what I needed to stick into the vacuum hose so I snapped it off to the right size.

I detached the line from the PVC and checked the vacuum.

Made a hole with a drill bit and inserted the hose with the fitting. It now sits tightly on the vacuum line, I will probably glue it in though.

Wanted to take more pictures but had no time, will take more tomorrow.

Next I'll be attaching the wires to one of the systems which runs with ignition. Does anybody know where the ABS positive wire is? Can't find in the search.

This will be part two.

Part three is mounting the jar, attaching the wiring, the hose, and filling it with water.

If all goes good and I find the wire I should have results by tomorrow.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:03 AM
Addicted to the Org

Originally Posted by black_maxed95
its all a conspiracy...obviously its possible to run a car on water or part water...its just not done because oil companies are greedy. They probably pay the government to keep this technology quiet. Oil companies know they arent gonna last much longer so that is why they are jacking up prices, they are trying to get every last penny possible before they are done.
So true!!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:20 PM
dot dot dot ...

Chemically separating water.

Why no just make heavy water
Old 04-08-2008, 09:48 PM

looking forward to where this thread leads!!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:22 PM
fergujos

isnt there something about separating water into its chemical elements that seems, idk, explosive?
Old 04-09-2008, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by fergsmax
isnt there something about separating water into its chemical elements that seems, idk, explosive?
ya its explosive duh...if it wasnt how would the engine burn it? news flash: gasoline vapor is explosive too.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:44 AM

the reason why it has not taken popularity is simply because it doesn't work

the energy required to seperate (H2O)2 -> (H2)2 + O2 is always going to be greater than energy gained from joining (H2)2 + O2 -> (H2O)2

it simply doesn't work, the BEST you can expect is either :
temporary power gains (as in, storing power and releasing it all at once) but your MPG will suffer because it has to receive that power from somewhere.
Or no suffering to MPG (if the system is 100% efficient.. which is physically impossible as NOTHING is 100% efficient)

the weight of installing the product is going to cost you MPG.
and for $1000 you can probably join a fuel club and save more on your fuel that way.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by mywhitewolf
the reason why it has not taken popularity is simply because it doesn't work

the energy required to seperate (H2O)2 -> (H2)2 + O2 is always going to be greater than energy gained from joining (H2)2 + O2 -> (H2O)2

it simply doesn't work, the BEST you can expect is either :
temporary power gains (as in, storing power and releasing it all at once) but your MPG will suffer because it has to receive that power from somewhere.
Or no suffering to MPG (if the system is 100% efficient.. which is physically impossible as NOTHING is 100% efficient)

the weight of installing the product is going to cost you MPG.
and for $1000 you can probably join a fuel club and save more on your fuel that way.
A good theory but a faulty one.

Burning of HHO gas produces way more energy then regular fuel, hence the gains of HP and the fuel savings. The burn is much more efficient and cleaner, hence the quiter engine and longer life. The HHO actually cleans your system the longer you have it.

It won't be 100% efficient (sice nothing is really), but even if it's 30% efficient with today's gas prices I'll take it...

With a 10 amp fuse at 12 volts there is enough gas produced to acheive this with a V6 engine.

I installed the system yesterday. The setup is the definition of ghetto. I didn't have time to connect it to the right power source so currently it is hooked up straight to the battery. I have to manually remove the fuse to disable it every time I turn off the engine. Will be changed shortly. I was just too curious to see what happens.

Unfortunately I used way too much electrolyte (soda) and a 10 amp fuse kept blowing about 4 minutes into operation . It was also so late that I did not bother re-doing the mixture. The thing was bubbling extremely fast though.

I will redo the mixture today and post some pictures.

Results to come.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:20 AM

I wonder how fast you'll have to refill the water. Also, what about winter, like the other person said? Wouldn't if freeze?

Did you notice any difference when it was in operation? Like hp gains, anything of that sort?
Old 04-09-2008, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Coolsaber57
I wonder how fast you'll have to refill the water. Also, what about winter, like the other person said? Wouldn't if freeze?

Did you notice any difference when it was in operation? Like hp gains, anything of that sort?
Too short of operation to notice anything yet. The fuse kept blowing. Gonna try twice as less soda and a 15 amp fuse in about an hour. Surprizingly though, the engine did seem to run smoother and more quiet about 40 seconds into the operation. I could be tripping though.

As for winter, adding 1 tbs of alcohol apparently does the trick for the winter.

With average driving with a 15 amp fuse the watter will be refilled every two weeks (every two fillups).

I just got my hands on a more complicated system plans for the HHO generator. This one can run of tap water without the need for baking soda (electrolyte). If my current setup works I will look into building the new one.

Last edited by Kadantsev; 04-09-2008 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:36 AM

It's obvious that you guys slept through both physic and chemistry class. First, you're not hydrolyzing enough water to make any difference in your milage. Secondly, from themodynamics you should know that there is no free lunch. The energy to hydrolyze the water is supplied by the battery, which is charged by the altenater, which is driven by the engine , which is powered by gasoline. The third law says that at every one of the afore mentioned energy transfers there is an energy loss.

Face it. You are a victim of one of the oldest scams scine the internal combustion engine was invented. And Yes, I have a Ph.D in physical chemistry.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:54 AM

They advertize it quite nicely. But here's a concern..

It feeds into the motor through means of vacuum. With that being said, WTF do boosted people like myself do? lol. Force air back into the tank and it blows up in my trunk FTL?

For this, Water/Ethanol injection FTW! It vaporizes (not an actual chemical breakdown) it under pressure from the pump and spray nozzle into the engine's incoming stream of air. And for us boosted folks, it sure as heck adds power, does it on NA too, just not that extent.

This idea seems cool, but meh
Old 04-09-2008, 10:36 AM

so what kind of internal damage does this do to the engine?
Old 04-09-2008, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bassman607
It's obvious that you guys slept through both physic and chemistry class. First, you're not hydrolyzing enough water to make any difference in your milage. Secondly, from themodynamics you should know that there is no free lunch. The energy to hydrolyze the water is supplied by the battery, which is charged by the altenater, which is driven by the engine , which is powered by gasoline. The third law says that at every one of the afore mentioned energy transfers there is an energy loss.

Face it. You are a victim of one of the oldest scams scine the internal combustion engine was invented. And Yes, I have a Ph.D in physical chemistry.
hahaha
Old 04-09-2008, 10:56 AM

Basically that'd be true if you were using 100% of the energy in your battery and the car has to work harder to keep it working. However, the 12v @10a is not going to put a huge strain on the battery/engine. It's already producing the power, it's just not being used.

The only problem I forsee is that it doesn't produce enough hydrogen/oxygen to make a difference. If it were a bigger amount of electricity, I think it'd be a more noticable difference.

But it's his experiment, I see nothing wrong with experimentation, especially since it could conceivably work. I say more power to him.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:08 AM

i thought PhDs were suppose to be open to scientific ideas...lol. Anyways, I disagree, like coolsaber said, the alternator is already producing the power so its not taking more gas to power the electrolyzer.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a HHO intake kit?