4th Generation Classifieds (1995-1999) The highly sought after variable intake may be a click away.

Suspension For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Boosted Panda

Suspension For Sale

Selling my old suspension setup. I recently went with coilovers and no longer need these.
Setup consists of KYB AGX struts and a mixed setup of springs. Sprints in the front, Arospeeds in the rear.

The reason the springs are mixed is because I originally had Arospeeds, but didnt like the drop they had in the front, the rears were much lowerer. So I then got Sprints, which have a nice stance on the fronts, but the rears on Sprints didnt go low enough. Many people simply cut one coil off the rears of the Sprints, but instead I chose to just use the rears of the Aropseeds which gave the car a nice low, even stance.
The car handled nicely with thses and never had any real issues with this setup.
The front AGX are about 1 year old, with maybe 18,000 miles on them at the most. I replaced them from the originals ones I was using due to them blowing. I also replaced the front strut mounts and strut bearings at that time on both the fronts. The reas are a bit older, probably around 3yrs but dont have an insane amount of mileage on them. Although they are a bit old, I dont drive the car all the time, and not on too great of distances.
Now, this suspesnsion is a complete setup. Meaning they have the mounts and all bushing allready installed, all except one rear. So you would just need to pull your OEM pieces out and swap over. Makes the install much easier, no need to compress springs and swap over parts.
One rear is missing two pieces. Its missing a Bushing and a bound bumper cover.I had suspected that rear strut was blown due to some noise. Upon removal and inspection I found that the bushing was destroyed and so was the bound bumper cover. It is the metal disk shown in the pics next to the strut. Here is another pic.

The strut appears to be fine, no signs of leakage and the piston is still firm. I disassembled the other rear to inspect it, and it is fine and so are all of its components.
In this pic,......

the items with a red line are what you will need to order from the dealer to complete the one rear strut setup or you can take them out of your current setup.
Im asking 250.00 plus shipping and payapl fees for the setup.
May sound a bit steep for a used suspension, but when you think about it, not too bad since all the pieces are already assembled and included.
I recently spent over 300.00 to buy new mounts and bushings for my Coilover setup so that i wouldnt have to tear these apart and transfer over the parts.

This is what my car looked like on this setup...

Old 03-30-2008, 07:05 PM
newbie to the maxima's

ohh so tempting
Old 03-30-2008, 10:11 PM

dibs, pm sent
Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

2nd dibs...

If your buyer backs out, let me know and I will move quickly....

Old 04-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Boosted Panda

Sold