Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Dont purchase HID's from "Maximabest"

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 02:44 PM

Dont purchase HID's from "Maximabest"

He sells good products, but if something fails he wont back it up with the so called life time warranty. Check this out --->> http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....403059&page=69
Old 07-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Need A Light?

wow, this sux....so much drama
Old 07-12-2006, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by steven88
wow, this sux....so much drama
lol. . . .
Old 08-01-2006, 07:40 PM

he sent me the part that was defective i had to wait like 2 weeks because "he was out of the office" but i still got it.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:17 PM

he sold me ballist that were doa then after two weeks of sending him pictures of the install and volt and ohm readings i still have no headlights and he doesnt seem to even be trying to fix anything he just keeps giving me the run around
Old 08-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Seriously I regret buying this kit. Mine doesn't light up either and I only get. Yes your parts do work I'll send you the directions to make them work. Yet he doesn't send anything. Now there is a Prolumen kit GD on now!!!
Old 09-08-2006, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by bashboy2000
he sold me ballist that were doa then after two weeks of sending him pictures of the install and volt and ohm readings i still have no headlights and he doesnt seem to even be trying to fix anything he just keeps giving me the run around
it took time and lots of pms and emails but i finally got a new kit and they are installed and look very good. so even though it took alot of teeth pulling to get them i do have to say maximabest did hold upto his warranty
Old 09-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

As for mine..... It wasn't broken after all. The harness on the kit was wired for 9007 so I just had to change the pins around and it works!!!!! Looks very beautiful and doesn't glare!!!
Old 09-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Give me a Bud Light Holmes

ya im in the same boat. i ordered my bi-xenon kit last dec and a month and a half ago my bulb goes out. i pm him and he was like send me the bad bulb and ill test it and send a new one out. its been a month and a half since i sent my bulb and he says he never got it and maybe it got "lost in the mail"
Old 11-11-2006, 10:50 PM

"My honor is to service all my costumer in the best way but sometimes they need to understand that we dont have just one forum or one customer, also other things, right now we are making the booth for automekanica in Mexico so you can see the hard work, my assistance is trying to help me with the forums and sometimes we dont check all the post every day."

This guy is something else. If I had read this before......
I'm still fighting to get my ballast from him. my PM box is full bc of him. bump this up. make people aware.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:02 PM

took me only 2 1/2 months to straighten everything. Love them lights though......
Old 11-26-2006, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Atl92Se
took me only 2 1/2 months to straighten everything. Love them lights though......
i hope when u wrote 'only 2 1/2 months' it was with sarcasm. i'm supposedly having my ballasts arriving tomorrow. wont hold me breath
Old 12-06-2006, 09:55 PM

well i got d2s bulbs from him and they seem like there in great condition...and they came in, two days after i ordered them...thats crazy...
Old 12-17-2006, 10:43 PM

i bought my lights from him last year and all through out his GD thread he replied to all of my questions. The kit came on time and couldnt be happier with it. I think ever since then he has gotten ALOT of customers, more than he could handle i think. Ive seen him on mazda, honda, and even other nissan forums.
Also i would assume that many of his customers have been deadbeats. Like what happened to "Redline". It seems like its one guy on all these forums.(anyone correct me if im wrong). I just think that his HID business did so well that he doesnt have enough man power to keep up of what he was at a year ago. If you any of you guys remember, about a year ago or more, he was getting nothing but positive feedback on this board.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:20 PM

no doubt that he sells quality products, but in any business, there is always a margin of error and irate customers. it's his inability to tend to those few that have issues for the physical products, that delayed a warranty ballast to me for 2.5 months, and also makes him a poor vendor. old customers should come before new customers.

the kit works fine now, however, received a used and quite dirty ballast to replace the faulty one I had sent back. I can be 1 in a 1000 customers that got messed up products, but it should be that 1 to deal with faster, rather than take 53 (yes i counted) new orders while my warranty was being "processed". excuses from "item was lost" "item was shipped' "post office was closed" "let me have my US shipper check again" "it costs me money to call and check for a tracking number" "be patient" (after 2 months of waiting and 120 PMs)

his lifetime warranty sucks a donkey dik, but if you're willing to wait 2-3 months for a used replacement part, go ahead, buy from him.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:50 PM
no more maxima...

if I were to buy one of these cheap kits, I would just go on ebay instead...just about the same quality for less.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by OutMaxxed
i bought my lights from him last year and all through out his GD thread he replied to all of my questions. The kit came on time and couldnt be happier with it. I think ever since then he has gotten ALOT of customers, more than he could handle i think. Ive seen him on mazda, honda, and even other nissan forums.
Also i would assume that many of his customers have been deadbeats. Like what happened to "Redline". It seems like its one guy on all these forums.(anyone correct me if im wrong). I just think that his HID business did so well that he doesnt have enough man power to keep up of what he was at a year ago. If you any of you guys remember, about a year ago or more, he was getting nothing but positive feedback on this board.
i think you have a point here, we can handle some problems but the problem is when the costumers doesnt help or agree to follow our process. We have sold tons of kits here without any problem but sometimes people want to take our money or products without spending any cent. We have some people here that we will not tell their names that request parts fro warranty and they NEVER send the parts to us, but they just request and post bad comments about us, i think thats not fair, but anyway is impossible to control cause they can do whaterve they want.

For example one "vendor" here offer some kits for free to our actual costumers just to post bad comments in our threads, also they just tried everything to get down our business and we cant do much about that, just wait and keep offer our kits. Simple as that.

After all this problems due the storms we will start to check the emails and alos the pms, the same sending the pending parts for warranty, i just want to let you know guys my point.

Regards,
Old 03-08-2007, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by bashboy2000
it took time and lots of pms and emails but i finally got a new kit and they are installed and look very good. so even though it took alot of teeth pulling to get them i do have to say maximabest did hold upto his warranty
we will try to do our best like we did with you man!! its so sad people to see your house in pieces and also try to find your clothes and important things on the ground after a storm....anyway i know is not your fault, anyway we will try to do our best and as soon as possible.

btw, max4u, pm sent with the tracking # of your warranty
Regards,
Old 04-29-2007, 01:27 PM

I just got to installing my H1 6k kit I bought from him. Unfortunately one of the bulbs flickers but won't turn on. Tried multiple times, sat there for 20 minutes with the car on trying to turn them on. With all the bad press he's received I'm kind of doubtful about getting a replacement. People received warranty parts all dirty, he makes you pay freight shipping....I'll see how he responds to my PM. I'm expecting a replacement ballast or bulb at his shipping expense, if he asks for me to pay shipping I'm not even going to go for it due to the posts I saw on the other forum about people never getting their shipping refunded when they paid, better off spending $150 on a new kit.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:29 AM

mm weird, i never saw your pm, also i never ask the costumer to pay the shipping. THEY SHOULD paid if the part is fine and doesnt need a replacement, thats why i always said, test the part before ship to me, how? its easy, if the bulb is flickering, you can swap that bulb to the other side, the same with the igniter, and ballast, thats why is important to make the test. Some guys sent me the kit and the problem was that one of the fuse of the car was burned, so of course the kit was fine.

ALso is important just to get the paypal transaction ID to look in our data base of your order, then we start to make the process...so is weird that you post here without giving me the info. You can pm any time.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:00 AM

I just sent you a PM yesterday. I'm not sure how you magically seem to be the only .org member who doesn't receive PMs. Sent another PM right now along with the Paypal ID. Will test the ballast/bulb in a day or two and get back to you to let you know. Thanks for responding quickly, from a lot of people's posts I had a feeling I wouldn't even hear from you for 2 months. I'll be in touch with testing info to let you know whats wrong with the kit.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:57 PM

got the pm!! thanks man. i will reply asap.
Old 05-14-2007, 12:00 PM

It's not really good customer service when you ignore people's PMs.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:28 PM

weird i sent you the pm to your account,let me re send it again ok?.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:57 PM

well if very important to work together man, you are posting bad comments about us and you also need our help cause you dont have the piece, i think both of us can be a little more patience on this on work together right?. I hope you can edit your post and post something good caese we are trying to help you on this.

Well as i told you before part of the policy is have the bulb in our hand to check why it failed and also avoid any future problems with our costumers, is part of the business. As you can know we dont sell just one bulb, we sells pairs which the price is $100-$120 shipped, i talked with my boss and he agree to help you, and give your a %50 discount. So to get one bulb should be $50 shipped to your door, thats the best that i can do, believe me. The factory are very very hard talking about replecement parts.
You're trying to help me? How? I had a feeling about how flaky you were so I set aside three hours one day and went to my uncle's to swap out his dead HID bulb for a halogen; cops are very bad on people with dead lights in his neighborhood.

I have to be more patient and we have to work together? I've been PMing you and haven't received responses at all until I post in this thread. Like I already told you, an electrician took a look at the bulb and determined it was dead. I also tried a good HID bulb on the ballast and it worked. Unfortunately I can't send the dead bulb since they threw it out. I understand you need dead parts to get replacements, thats my fault for allowing it to get thrown out. But the least you can do is respond to your PMs in a timely manner, and you don't fool anyone claiming you mysteriously never received a PM.

To get one bulb is $50 shipped? Thats the best you can do, huh? Thats funny cause another seller on the forum offered to sell me two Chinese bulbs for $45 shipped or two Korean bulbs for $60. And with the amount of posts I've seen in your For Sale thread on dead bulbs, what sort of guarantee do I have that these aren't the same quality you've been selling to our forum members this whole time? And than I would have to deal with you ignoring me again when I need a replacement.

I'll take my business elsewhere, thanks. That's funny how every PM I received from you didn't happen until I would bump this thread up. I saw the post on your situation with your home and how you lost a lot. I certainly wish that on no one and I hope you recover from it, but the day you stop selling merchandise on this and any other forum you're on will be a great day.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by allmotorVQ35
You're trying to help me? How? I had a feeling about how flaky you were so I set aside three hours one day and went to my uncle's to swap out his dead HID bulb for a halogen; cops are very bad on people with dead lights in his neighborhood.

I have to be more patient and we have to work together? I've been PMing you and haven't received responses at all until I post in this thread. Like I already told you, an electrician took a look at the bulb and determined it was dead. I also tried a good HID bulb on the ballast and it worked. Unfortunately I can't send the dead bulb since they threw it out. I understand you need dead parts to get replacements, thats my fault for allowing it to get thrown out. But the least you can do is respond to your PMs in a timely manner, and you don't fool anyone claiming you mysteriously never received a PM.

To get one bulb is $50 shipped? Thats the best you can do, huh? Thats funny cause another seller on the forum offered to sell me two Chinese bulbs for $45 shipped or two Korean bulbs for $60. And with the amount of posts I've seen in your For Sale thread on dead bulbs, what sort of guarantee do I have that these aren't the same quality you've been selling to our forum members this whole time? And than I would have to deal with you ignoring me again when I need a replacement.

I'll take my business elsewhere, thanks. That's funny how every PM I received from you didn't happen until I would bump this thread up. I saw the post on your situation with your home and how you lost a lot. I certainly wish that on no one and I hope you recover from it, but the day you stop selling merchandise on this and any other forum you're on will be a great day.
sorry to hear that, but you need to understand, we can´t send a replacement bulb without having the failed parts, i dont make the rules here, the factory does.

Maybe other sellers, has more cheapper parts, its ok for us, you will get what you pay my friend. Sorry about it, the factory told me thats the best price. I will check the pm settings cause we sent you some pms to let you know all the info, sorry if you didnt see it.

regards,
Old 05-24-2007, 11:40 AM

I sent my replacement bulb to him over 2 weeks ago yet have not received any respondse to any of my PM's confirming receipt or replacement status...looks like I am getting the runaround from him now as well....
Old 05-24-2007, 12:16 PM

the replcement was sent this weekend, tracking # should be on the email now or soon
Old 05-24-2007, 02:32 PM

If that's the case then thank you very much and that is actually very fast turnaround, I will post when I receive it!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by maximabest
the replcement was sent this weekend, tracking # should be on the email now or soon
Haven't received the tracking info or the bulb yet...any updates on this?
Old 05-30-2007, 05:17 PM
I R The Law

Looks like he is giving you the run-around.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:35 PM

Good luck is all I can say.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by nadeemp8
Haven't received the tracking info or the bulb yet...any updates on this?
hi there, as i told you before, i need to failed part to send you a replacement.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:21 PM

hi there, as i told you before, i need to failed part to send you a replacement.

I think it's fairly obvious to everyone on this board what it's come to with this seller. It's just too bad for all the other forums he's hopping on that we're unaware of and all the people that are going to have to deal with him.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:26 PM
I R The Law

I think it's fairly obvious to everyone on this board what it's come to with this seller. It's just too bad for all the other forums he's hopping on that we're unaware of and all the people that are going to have to deal with him.
for reals man. This sponsor is getting such a bad name. I should go onto all the car forums that I'm on and post a link to this thread.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:49 PM

you can check the pms if you want.

Regards,
Old 06-03-2007, 04:04 AM

"your ignitor will be there by Friday"
which Friday? somewhere in the year 3000? **** man, my car and i are not gonna be around any more by then.
stop BSing around man, it'll just gonna get worse
Old 06-03-2007, 08:53 AM

THATS ok...i will try to make it soon, if you want to post sarcastic comments its ok. btw you just needed the igniter dry and it works again...when your part arrive it was working. Just a tip for you.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:16 AM

you will TRY to make it SOON? i dont think so, you didn't even TRY man, why would you bother now? that makes no sence!

if i just needed the igniter dry, why are you telling me now? i sent you the part over two months ago!!

Oh by the way, thanks for the tip, i dont think anybody who bought the kits from you would appreciate it any more!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 10:06 AM

I sent you the failed bulb over a month ago and have sent you the tracking info twice now. Please stop giving me the run around and please send me my replacement. I have done everything you asked me to within days of you asking me to do it....is it so much to ask for similar turnaround from you?

Quick Reply: Dont purchase HID's from "Maximabest"