6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Stock Radio & MP3s

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 06:59 PM

Stock Radio & MP3s

Anyone try playing mp3s on the stock sound system? I burned an mp3 cd and no way it would play!

Sure wish I had gotten the bose!
At least cd text works...good to see somthin on that big orange lcd!
um
Old 12-14-2004, 07:08 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

you don't have bose huh.............cause yea the bose plays them fine......
Old 12-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah my Bose plays MP3's really well too. You really should have gotten the upgrade. I bet you're kicking yourself now eh?
Old 12-14-2004, 07:33 PM

The Bose system in the '04 SL's does not play MP3's. It will play CD's burned as standard audio encoded rather than MP3. The song tagging seems to be more reliable using Roxio to burn then it is for MusicMatch
Old 12-14-2004, 11:19 PM
*moderator*

Yes, no luck with MP3's, only burnt discs. MP3's are capable of holding upto 150 songs on a disc, that would've been a nice option but Nissan missed on that one!!
Old 12-15-2004, 03:54 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Can't understand why the flagship car of Nissan is not capable of having a stereo that plays MP3 formatted CD's. My Pathfinder (2005) has the Bose 6 disk system and it plays them. I can't figure this one out. Somebody messed up. Sometimes the little things bring more attention than you think when you make your decison on what car to buy. Nissan should do like Acura and make the Max fully loaded. The only options would be Nav, Manual or Auto.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:52 PM

There are lots of people who don't want all the options on their car. I myself would pay extra to have leather removed. What if you have 5 people in your family? The 4 seater version of the Maxima is now not a viable car for you. The reasons options exist are to match the car to the buyer's needs. Nissan doesn't even offer many options as it is really. Take a look at Honda's website. Configuring a car there is crazy. There are so many things we take for granted as being included with the car that they charge extra for.

re...Bose playing MP3's we were messin with the newbies! It doesn't play them. Way to go guys, you spoiled the prank!
Old 12-16-2004, 07:00 AM

You mean to tell me the bose doesn't play mp3s?!! Nissan did miss the mark.

I just assummed it would play mp3s almost every modern cd player does! Especially an upgraded unit.

It's not a huge deal but it woulda been nice!

My stock radio doesn't even do radio station data text.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo
There are lots of people who don't want all the options on their car. I myself would pay extra to have leather removed. What if you have 5 people in your family? The 4 seater version of the Maxima is now not a viable car for you. The reasons options exist are to match the car to the buyer's needs. Nissan doesn't even offer many options as it is really. Take a look at Honda's website. Configuring a car there is crazy. There are so many things we take for granted as being included with the car that they charge extra for.
Well I for one would like the option to configure my car exactly as I want it, with every option that I'm willing to pay for. If that means that you have to wait 4 weeks to have your car built, then that's your choice... if you just want to pick something out of the lot, then that's your choice too, and you live with colors and options.

But not to offer some things -- even as options -- on what's supposed to be their flagship is just stupid. Not many people want Bluetooth or MP3 or 5.1 sound, but it'd be nice if they had them... especially considering that some of the competitors do offer them. Nissan already offers the skyview, HID delete and no changer or memory seats, just so that people can have what they want for the price they want... If I'm willing to pay a premium to have bluetooth or MP3 support in the car, then Nissan should offer it to me -- because other car companies already do.

/rant
Old 12-16-2004, 12:45 PM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by viguera
Well I for one would like the option to configure my car exactly as I want it, with every option that I'm willing to pay for. If that means that you have to wait 4 weeks to have your car built, then that's your choice... if you just want to pick something out of the lot, then that's your choice too, and you live with colors and options.

But not to offer some things -- even as options -- on what's supposed to be their flagship is just stupid. Not many people want Bluetooth or MP3 or 5.1 sound, but it'd be nice if they had them... especially considering that some of the competitors do offer them. Nissan already offers the skyview, HID delete and no changer or memory seats, just so that people can have what they want for the price they want... If I'm willing to pay a premium to have bluetooth or MP3 support in the car, then Nissan should offer it to me -- because other car companies already do.

/rant
I totally agree, as I'm a gadget/tech junky!!!
Old 12-17-2004, 07:01 AM

why did Nissan even bother putting in a tape deck? It's bad enough they didn't add mp3 playback but a tape deck? I was going thru some junk the other day and saw a tape and thought I haven't seen one of these in years! It's almost embarassing having a tape deck.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:29 PM

The thing about mp3 support is you shouldn't have to pay a premium for it. I don't understand how any car cd player wouldn't come with mp3 support these days. Being able to play mp3 costs almost nothing (I would guess at most $3) for the added cost of software. Theres no hardware cost to it.

The same is not true in terms of 5.1 or 6.1 audio since you'd basically need an extra hardware to make that work.