4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Window Tints Ticket: Part II

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 01:20 PM

Window Tints Ticket: Part II

Well since I used an animal name for the poilce officers, my last thread was shut down. So much for freedom of speech. Anyway

I am reading this ticket correctly: Tints are classified under Equipment?
Old 04-02-2004, 01:24 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...33&postcount=7 Go to your regional section
Old 04-02-2004, 01:45 PM
BOSS

Originally Posted by JetBlack SE
Well since I used an animal name for the poilce officers, my last thread was shut down. So much for freedom of speech. Anyway

I am reading this ticket correctly: Tints are classified under Equipment?
BUAHAHAHA. I hear ya man. I call cops that all the time and I don't know why it's so offensive to a mod who shut down the thread.

Anyway, I recently (last week) got pulled over for tints in Chicago, which rarely happens. In case you don't know, tints on the passanger and driver's side in Illinois are not legal - not even the lightest tint. I have a 30% tint all around.

So I get pulled over and the cop was actually really nice. He said that on top of that I was going "too fast for conditions" because it was a rainy night. He gave me a warning for the tints.

With this warning, I have (or actually - had) 5 days to show up at my local police department with the tints off and the warning would go away. So I took the tints off and got the warning "erased".

HAHA, yeah right, are you nuts? I didn't take the tint off nor will I take it off! LOL, F*** THEM
I don't give a rat's a$$ about a warning, let alone a cop who is bored and pulls me over for tints, instead of chasing O G's shooting one another. Next time I get pulled over, this warning becomes a ticket automatically, but I can care less. Anyway, the ticket for tints is about $25 so I'm not about to take off tints, which I paid $200 for (with a lifetime warranty too).

Lastly, before driving off, I said "goodnight" and the cop says "nice car, what year is it?". So, I answer "it's a 99". Thats all folks

Old 04-02-2004, 02:00 PM

If it would be 25% a ticket here, i would get 5% all around.

But my question is, does window tinting fall under the "equipment" category? Becuase its two different price ranges.... it can either be equpiment or other.. so i dunno
Old 04-02-2004, 02:04 PM

The window tint sensor.... it only works once u lower the window so he can clip it onto it....

so if i make a power switch (hidden) and disable the power to all windows... there would be no way to check the percentage! so once i get pulled over i disable the windows... and vola!

any thoughts?
Old 04-03-2004, 07:58 AM

can someone please from the NY area tell me what category do the tints fall into on the ticket. It can either be the "equipment category" or "other category". Because when the ticket is issued they don't tell you the price and you are suppost to figure it out on the back. Thank You.
Old 04-04-2004, 09:32 AM

SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW....

ive been trying to get an answer for two days already.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

It's a equipment classification.
Old 04-04-2004, 11:52 AM

not sure on what classification but, you can check with your local DMV. My tints are 7% and I don't have any problems............yet. (knock on wood)
Old 04-04-2004, 12:25 PM

It's an equipment violation.

To whoever said you can have the back windows as dark as you want, you are wrong. ANY TINT can be considered an "obstruction of view" just like having crap hanging from your rearview mirror. Those dark window tints are dangerous for cops because there could be a gun pointed at them behind that window for all they know. Its an officer safety issue and most cops take it seriously. Don't be suprised if they bring you out of the car at gunpoint either.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:51 PM

Alex97se is right, cops dont like it when they dont see what they are about to go talk to for "violating the law". but from my understanding, well in georgia atleast, tint in a secondary offense, such as you have to be doing something else to actually get cited for it, then again this is in georgia, and a lot of georgia laws dont make much sense. i would look into your state laws on it and you might be able to get it dropped if that is the case.
and to answer your question, yes tint is considered equipment on the car, anything that is attached to your car, 99% of it is goin to be considered equipment.
Old 04-04-2004, 04:00 PM

u said you have 25% tints? Any1 know if you can get away with a tint violation ticket if u have a pba card?