4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Mods and Winter time...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 03:32 PM
wat

Mods and Winter time...

Ok, well, I live in minnesota, winter land I might add...

first thing, Will a body kit get damaged in the winter? second, is it a good idea to have a SC in the winter? last, what size rims are best for the winter?

Also, what are more durable? Urethane body kits or Fiberglass body kits?
Old 10-08-2002, 05:51 PM

Re: Mods and Winter time...

Originally posted by BlueC
Ok, well, I live in minnesota, winter land I might add...

first thing, Will a body kit get damaged in the winter? second, is it a good idea to have a SC in the winter? last, what size rims are best for the winter?

Also, what are more durable? Urethane body kits or Fiberglass body kits?
Well dont go plowing with the kit. Some people lose theirs because they are low and hit higher piles of snow which can bend or mess it up. How low if at all are you compared to stock?

As far as the supercharger... I dont have one but it would not seem to be something that you would have to remove for winter use. You should be able to have it on year round without a problem.

As far as the rims really I dont think it matters much... If your looking just for a second set of rims for snow tires then maybe just consider the stock ones.

SuDZ
Old 10-08-2002, 07:17 PM
wat

I dont have my max yet, soon though, within 6 months or so...

But I am just curious to know how it would work out in winter time, I dont plan on plowing with the maxima, although, with the SC its tempting I might add.... im j/k

But I wasnt planning on getting lowering springs, so it would be stock height w/ the kit, im not sure how much snow, probably around 6" once or maybe even twice during winters, but usually its plowed or theres a few inches on the ground. Its not like I will be planning on off-roading with it.

I asked about the SC for the winter cause I just wasnt sure how it work out during the cold seasons, actaully when I think about it, the SC would be good to have... more power... less chance of getting stuck in snow
Old 10-08-2002, 08:17 PM

i have a second car just for the winter. so i don't have to take my good one through the salt snow and ice. all of which are damaging to about everything on your car. if you don't have a daily driver besides the max. switch out the wheels are the salt will damage them. don't forget about the monster pot holes created by snow plows. aftermarket wheels bend much much easier then stock. just be like sudz and mount snow tires on your stock wheels. best thing to do. sounds like you already answered your own question about the body kit on a lowered car.