4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Max's built in the US vs. Japan

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 09:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Max's built in the US vs. Japan

I did a search about this, but didn't find anything - maybe I'm incompetent.

I thought I read something that Max's built in Japan have had fewer problems than those built in the US. Is this true? Any thoughts as to why this is the case? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:49 AM

Re: Max's built in the US vs. Japan

As far as I know, all Maximas are built in Japan.

2004 will be the next generation Maxima, the first to be built in the US.
Old 04-24-2002, 10:21 AM

Re: Re: Max's built in the US vs. Japan

Originally posted by pocketrocket
As far as I know, all Maximas are built in Japan.

2004 will be the next generation Maxima, the first to be built in the US.
Correct.

People say cars built in America have more problems than those built in Japan, but I don't see it. The 6th gen Accord is built here and every one I've been in is rock-solid.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:04 AM

Re: Re: Re: Max's built in the US vs. Japan

Originally posted by Weasel
Correct.

People say cars built in America have more problems than those built in Japan, but I don't see it. The 6th gen Accord is built here and every one I've been in is rock-solid.
Hey Dave you go to University of Florida?

My girlfriend goes there... which sucks cause i live in Texas. But i visited there a few times... cool place... gotta love burrito brothers

I actually got her oil changed at the Nissan dealership in one of your pictures... $8 but i had to wait 2 hours

Whose 2k2 max is that in the vids?
Old 04-24-2002, 01:08 PM

On most Nissan's the first 3 letters/numbers of the VIN are the country/company/and vehicle type. For instance JN1=Japan/Nissan/Passenger vehicle. I have heard of there being less flaws with the Japan models of the older Sentra's. Not sure about the Max's.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:32 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Max's built in the US vs. Japan

Originally posted by 97GLE

Hey Dave you go to University of Florida?

My girlfriend goes there... which sucks cause i live in Texas. But i visited there a few times... cool place... gotta love burrito brothers

I actually got her oil changed at the Nissan dealership in one of your pictures... $8 but i had to wait 2 hours

Whose 2k2 max is that in the vids?
Yup. Gainesville Nissan isn't bad actually, I find they've been treating me a lot better since I put the maxima.org stickers on the car and modded it. I think they're worried if they do something wrong I'll do b*tch on the Internet. Burrito Brothers... lol.. I have nightmares about that place.

The 2k2 Max is Paul's (02MaximaSE), he lives in Tampa. I went down there for a meet a couple of months ago and there may be another meet there soon. As much as I'd like to, I don't get out to the track here. I've been waiting for my friend to get his Impala ready but he always seems to be breaking things. =)
Old 04-24-2002, 04:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Max's built in the US vs. Japan

Yup. Gainesville Nissan isn't bad actually, I find they've been treating me a lot better since I put the maxima.org stickers on the car and modded it. I think they're worried if they do something wrong I'll do b*tch on the Internet. Burrito Brothers... lol.. I have nightmares about that place.

The 2k2 Max is Paul's (02MaximaSE), he lives in Tampa. I went down there for a meet a couple of months ago and there may be another meet there soon. As much as I'd like to, I don't get out to the track here. I've been waiting for my friend to get his Impala ready but he always seems to be breaking things. =)
Till now they are all built in japan.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:49 PM

Nightmares about burrito brothers? Should I not eat there anymore or is it just one of those weird dreams?

Yeah I can’t complain about Gainesville Nissan, they were nice... there were about 10 cars in front of me when I got there... I spent a lot of my wait in a 2k2 max so I didn’t care too much. Not to mention they washed her car... girls never wash their cars!

That's a sweet Impala... I always wanted one; my first car was actually a Nova with a 350 in it... I wanted to make a drag car out of it but it was so rusted out I ended up just giving it to cars for kids... still got that 4 bolt main 350 though ... wow i'm thinking aloud.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:05 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Max's built in the US vs. Japan

Originally posted by 97GLE
Nightmares about burrito brothers? Should I not eat there anymore or is it just one of those weird dreams?

Yeah I can’t complain about Gainesville Nissan, they were nice... there were about 10 cars in front of me when I got there... I spent a lot of my wait in a 2k2 max so I didn’t care too much. Not to mention they washed her car... girls never wash their cars!

That's a sweet Impala... I always wanted one; my first car was actually a Nova with a 350 in it... I wanted to make a drag car out of it but it was so rusted out I ended up just giving it to cars for kids... still got that 4 bolt main 350 though ... wow i'm thinking aloud.
I had a rather bad digestive experience at Burrito Brothers... from what my friends say it's never happened to them, but I'm still not going back there.

Funny you should mention hot Chevys... before he had the Impala my friend had this fine piece of American iron. That thing was a beast, all I can say is 135mph ticket. I think the Chevelle and Nova shared a bodystyle for a couple of years in the early 70s, not sure though.
Old 04-25-2002, 11:28 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Max's built in the US vs. Japan

I had a rather bad digestive experience at Burrito Brothers... from what my friends say it's never happened to them, but I'm still not going back there.

Funny you should mention hot Chevys... before he had the Impala my friend had this fine piece of American iron. That thing was a beast, all I can say is 135mph ticket. I think the Chevelle and Nova shared a bodystyle for a couple of years in the early 70s, not sure though.
I have the same issue with Boston Market... I ate some food there and spent 3 days sicker then ive ever been... every time i see a sign i get sick to my stomach.

Thats almost exactly what my Nova looked like... although it had a combination red/rust paint. I dont remember what year it was though. Originaly it was my dads drag car. He had a 454 in it with a welded rear diff (cheap locker). But when he got married he sold the motor and put a late 70s 350 in it. Im thinking about dropping that motor in my jeep, but man it would be interesting to put it in a street car.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:49 AM

infinity

the I30 is what nissan released in japan instead of the max..i dont know how true this is cause i dont live there but thats what rumorville says!!holla
Old 04-26-2002, 04:13 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Originally posted by maximus75
On most Nissan's the first 3 letters/numbers of the VIN are the country/company/and vehicle type. For instance JN1=Japan/Nissan/Passenger vehicle. I have heard of there being less flaws with the Japan models of the older Sentra's. Not sure about the Max's.
I had a '98 Altima before, the 1st 3 letters of the VIN on that car were 1N4, what does that mean?
Old 04-26-2002, 04:31 PM

Originally posted by Wht98SE

I had a '98 Altima before, the 1st 3 letters of the VIN on that car were 1N4, what does that mean?
First charactedr shows where it was made.
1 = U.S.A.

2nd character shows manufacturer.
N= Nissan

http://www.boydins.com/vin2.htm
Old 04-27-2002, 02:47 AM
no more maxima...

Damn that Impala is one beautiful car.

Old 04-27-2002, 05:55 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

This thread has gone way OT.