4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Pictures of Ionic Dynamics body kit (97-99)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 08:32 PM

Pictures of Ionic Dynamics body kit (97-99)

Hey all, I finally got my body kit painted and installed. This is the Ionic Dynamics ground effects for side and rear only. This is like kit #2 ever produced and I think I'm the only car to have it on right about now...Anyway. Enjoy the pix. Oh yeah, Ionic Dynamics is http://www.ionicdynamics.com/ .

The pix:

http://mozy.cx/maxima/idkit/

Here's a couple:

Enjoy. No flames. I know I need a drop. Dont like my exhaust tip? Go play in traffic and tell someone who cares.

Bye!
Old 04-20-2002, 08:35 PM

you need a drop
also, that exhaust tip looks like a ....shriveled up *****...looks like a nice kit tho...how much it retail for (too lazy to check myslef)
Old 04-20-2002, 09:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The kit looks good.

What about the front though? Not yet produced or did you just not put it on and opted for the Stillen instead?
Old 04-20-2002, 10:18 PM

Originally posted by clee130
The kit looks good.

What about the front though? Not yet produced or did you just not put it on and opted for the Stillen instead?
stillen is allowing another company to sell their body kits under a different name --- the ionic dynamics kit is the exact same thing as stillen's
Old 04-20-2002, 10:37 PM

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
stillen is allowing another company to sell their body kits under a different name --- the ionic dynamics kit is the exact same thing as stillen's
And why would Stillen do that?

Stillen's kit has two pieces for the rear.

Ionic's kit has one piece for the rear.

It also flairs out a little bit more.

Stillen's sideskirt rear shot:

Ionic's sideskirt rear shot:

Looks different to me.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:39 PM

Are you sure? The side and rear don't look like the Stillen's.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:46 PM

i read about this somewhere, i'll try to find the article........maybe it wasnt ionic dynamics, but i know they are allowing another company to sell their item
Old 04-20-2002, 10:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Hi:

My kit are only the side skirts and rear valance

The reason I only made the side skirts and rear valance is because I already had the Stillen front lip.

Another good reason for me not making the front lip is because my front lip would have been just as expensive as the Stillen front lip, and probably wouldn't have been better looking.

Mozy: Thanks for posting the pics here Yes you are right about being the only one with the kit installed and painted, and yes it is the second kit ever produced.

95emeraldgxe: My side skirts and rear valance are very different from the one's Stillen makes

They are still for sale and there is Group Deal going on for org members, please check out the group deal section.
Old 04-20-2002, 10:53 PM

sorry about the mix up
Old 04-20-2002, 10:55 PM
Former Sponsor

clee130:

Thanks for the side by side comparison
Old 04-20-2002, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by Jamsan
that exhaust tip looks like a ....shriveled up *****
Old 04-20-2002, 11:17 PM

looks good, i like it. I actually do like the hidden exhaust, make for a more classy car i think, but anyway, what are u gonna do about the exhast hole on the nissan bumper?

I think hes need to make a front lip as well, the stillen one doenst seem to mesh with me.
Old 04-20-2002, 11:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Old 04-21-2002, 12:09 AM

will you 'chop' mine please?
http://members.***.net/wope/PHOTO189.JPG

not slammed.. just lowered
Old 04-21-2002, 01:14 AM
Licensed to Spell

:o)

Mozy,
I have never heard of ionicdynamic before this. I really like the rear! I hate how Stillen's rear slopes up and doesn't go all the way around. On ionic's website, they don't show a front. ? Is there one? Also, it reads '95-'99 but that would mean they make two different rear pieces? They didn't show that. They only showed a '97/'99. How was the fitment?
Old 04-21-2002, 06:01 AM

The kit looks good but the stillen lip definately doesn't flow well with the design. I wouldn't consider this kit without a matching lip at any cost. Looks too piece meal. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-21-2002, 06:46 AM

Re: :o)

Originally posted by ptatohed
Mozy,
I have never heard of ionicdynamic before this. I really like the rear! I hate how Stillen's rear slopes up and doesn't go all the way around. On ionic's website, they don't show a front. ? Is there one? Also, it reads '95-'99 but that would mean they make two different rear pieces? They didn't show that. They only showed a '97/'99. How was the fitment?
The will be two different rears for the maxima. One for the 97 and the other for the 95-96
Also there will also be a two piece rear for the 97 so far. I will post pics as soon as its finished and at my door.
Old 04-21-2002, 07:18 AM
Master Will

I really like this kit it is very different I am looking for some sides and rear anyway....
Old 04-21-2002, 11:50 AM

:)

Old 04-21-2002, 11:55 AM
Master Will

cool gtr_rider

photoshop it on my car please cause I want to get this kit on my car I already have the STEALIN' front lip....
Old 04-21-2002, 11:57 AM

Thanks for all the compliments guys I love the kit.

The lip actually does match up pretty well, the front of the side skirts are made to match the rear of the lip (or so it looks). And anyway, making a front lip will bee too much of a hassle, and it will be made out of fiber-glass, which will not be too great considering the fact that I (with stock SE suspension) scraped the lip up already. Fiberglass wont take as much abuse as urethane. But thats the point for the side skirts and rear, they dont get as much abuse.

It looks way better in real life. I cant get my damn camera to take hi-res pix so it all looks crappy.

thebigsadler: THANK YOU! those pix looks AWESOME!!! i almost fell out of my chair when I saw my car dropped like that, Im so hooked on those pix. Can you make another couple of pix but with a 1.6" drop? (I know its hard but I'm thinking of dropping my car that much) Thanks!
Old 04-21-2002, 12:17 PM

Guys, if you have photoshop requests, please don't post in the thread. PM/Email the person you want the request to go to.
Old 04-21-2002, 12:20 PM

Guys, if you have photoshop requests, please don't post in the thread. PM/Email the person you want the request to go to.
check your PM's clee...

Old 04-21-2002, 12:30 PM
Master Will

ok man sorry I will pm or email......

Old 04-21-2002, 04:55 PM

It looks on the website like it's got bondo holding it onto the car.

Are my eyes deceiving me?

how does this attach, especially the rear?

Thanks,
IanS
Old 04-21-2002, 05:09 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Street Scene?

i've seen the stillen kit for sale elsewhere too. if any of you get the import summit racing catalog, check it out. i believe the company is called Street Scene. the kit's still polyeurothane. i believe the front is $240, side skirts $310, and rear $240. i might be wrong, but that's what i think it was. i know they also had the altima, sentra, and other civic etc. kits that are sold in stillen's catalog for sale in the summit catalog as well. hopefully, this clears up some confusion.
Old 04-21-2002, 05:59 PM
Licensed to Spell

Man gtr_rider, you don't mess around when it comes to photoshopping! You 'shopped my dream rear!! One that goes all the way around and hides the exhaust completely. Nice and clean. The only way it could be any better is if it didn't rise at all - 100% equal level to the front and sides.
Old 04-21-2002, 10:16 PM

iansw: The kit is held on by bolts on the bottom of the kit, it is bolted onto the frame on bottom of the side skirts and onto the bumper in the rear. Double sided take is also used, at least I think, with the little amount of information that I was able to coax out of my body shop. Your body shop might do it another way, my body shop basically wrapped the skirts onto the bottom of my car, so they actually look a little smaller than they are in reality.

gtr_rider: wow...you, are amazing. thank you VERY VERY much! you and thebigsadler gave me wet dreams with those pix. now I am reconsidering the 17"'s I was going to buy and instead want 18" and airbags wow. thanks again.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi:

The side skirts are designed to match the front lip perfectly.

Since we know that many Org members live in places where it snows alot we decided to leave the instalation options open. You can use screws, double sided tape and bondo if you want them to be insatlled permanently. Or you can just use some srews and they will hold just fine (that's how the are insatlled on my car )

I also wanted to add that my web site has been updated

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2002, 01:56 PM
Licensed to Spell

Originally posted by ionicmax
Hi:

The side skirts are designed to match the front lip perfectly.

Since we know that many Org members live in places where it snows alot we decided to leave the instalation options open. You can use screws, double sided tape and bondo if you want them to be insatlled permanently. Or you can just use some srews and they will hold just fine (that's how the are insatlled on my car )

I also wanted to add that my web site has been updated

Thanks!
O.k., now I'm confused. I thought the kit on ionic's site had the hole for the exhaust. And the one that gtr showed without the exhaust hole was photoshopped. Now ionic has the one without an exhaust hole shown on their site. Which way the rear would come if one were to purchase it? With the exhaust hole or without? Thanks.
Old 04-22-2002, 04:59 PM
Producto Colombiano

Re: :o)

Originally posted by ptatohed

O.k., now I'm confused. I thought the kit on ionic's site had the hole for the exhaust. And the one that gtr showed without the exhaust hole was photoshopped. Now ionic has the one without an exhaust hole shown on their site. Which way the rear would come if one were to purchase it? With the exhaust hole or without? Thanks.

i believe that you can specify to have the hole filled in when ordering the kit. mozy's rear is not photochopped. he did actually mod his muffler tip so it would be hidden.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:10 PM

Ok, I'm going to answer a couple of concerns from my point of view.

The kit can be attached like ionicmax said with either double sided tape, bondo, or screws.
Mine is attached with screws only. So I can take it off whenever (not that im EVER going to, dont worry Jose PS: where are my stickers???).

My rear piece was made specifically NOT to have a hole in it. The regular pieces that will be produced WILL have holes in them. At least from what I have gathered from ionicmax.
You can possibly ask him to do one for you with no hole, but I don't really know. You will have to ask (nicely) and he will tell you whether or not he can do it. I think he said he would do it only for a limited time. Anyway, I have no say in this stuff, so you have to wait till he comes by.

The End.
Old 04-22-2002, 06:22 PM
Master Will

can you order the pieces now...?

what is the availability.....?
Old 04-22-2002, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by metallic97gxe
can you order the pieces now...?

what is the availability.....?
Yes sir, available RIGHT NOW!

Go To http://www.ionicdynamics.com and click on the "Maxima.org Group Deal" link to get the special price.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:00 PM

Man...

Man...that exhaust really does look like a shrivled up *****...

- Chad
Old 04-23-2002, 12:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Re: Man...

Thanks Mozy! Sorry about the stickers, my designer went on a business trip to Mexico city and she took the sticker with her.

As Mozy said, he specially ordered the rear valance without the exhaust hole for a cleaner look.

I can make the rear valances to your specific needs. It all depends on what you would like. If you have an aftermarket muffler that's no problem, just tell me the diameter and I'll make sure the opening will accommodate your exhaust tip. Or if you would prefer to go with the flush look I can also make one without the exhaust hole.

The group deal is still on

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2002, 12:57 AM

Paint

I like the kit, although I don't know if I am ready to buy a kit yet. Just out of curiousity... I am wondering what the total price would be. The kit with the max.org deal is a little over $300. How much would it cost to paint this stuff typically? $300? More? I've heard of paint for the stillen front lip running $200+. Am I imaging this? Or is the kit close to the same price it would cost to paint it?
Old 04-23-2002, 06:59 AM

Re: Paint

Originally posted by hakk97se
I like the kit, although I don't know if I am ready to buy a kit yet. Just out of curiousity... I am wondering what the total price would be. The kit with the max.org deal is a little over $300. How much would it cost to paint this stuff typically? $300? More? I've heard of paint for the stillen front lip running $200+. Am I imaging this? Or is the kit close to the same price it would cost to paint it?
painting totally depends on to what shop you take the kit to get painted and installed. My front lip cost 150 to pain and install. But installation is very easy on these kits because they are simple add ons.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:29 AM

Re: Pictures of Ionic Dynamics body kit (97-99)

Originally posted by mozy
Hey all, I finally got my body kit painted and installed. This is the Ionic Dynamics ground effects for side and rear only. This is like kit #2 ever produced and I think I'm the only car to have it on right about now...Anyway. Enjoy the pix. Oh yeah, Ionic Dynamics is http://www.ionicdynamics.com/ .

The pix:

http://mozy.cx/maxima/idkit/

Here's a couple:

Enjoy. No flames. I know I need a drop. Dont like my exhaust tip? Go play in traffic and tell someone who cares.

Bye!
The weather in those pics look beautiful
Old 04-23-2002, 07:35 PM

Re: Re: Pictures of Ionic Dynamics body kit (97-99)

Originally posted by Cashj2002

The weather in those pics look beautiful
Thank you

Its beautiful Northern California. Come, stay, relax.

Quick Reply: Pictures of Ionic Dynamics body kit (97-99)