5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

Just installed UDP and FSTB

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2001, 06:07 PM

well the UDP install was interesting...
i broke a wrench while trying to unscrew the original UDP... i went to a store near me to buy the belts and the power steering one was too short... by the time i got up to the part of putting the new ones on the store was closed so i couldnt exchange it... i went to RS Strauss to get a new belt and ofcourse they have their own company belts so i ask the guy if he can cross reference the part #s and he was like well yea i could but the book is in the back room and its dark and i have bad eyes so i dont feel like going ot get it now... i was like WTF is that? but i didnt have time to stand and argue cause did i mention that i was doing it outside while its raining? so what i did was i took my belt that was too short.. i found the original belt and i looked for a belt shorter than the original and longer than the one i bought in the morning and luckily i found 1 belt of the size left... so i installed that... cause its raining i cant even see how much of an improvement i got... then i put the FSTB and also its raining so i cant see what kind of improvement i got... but i guess hopefully tomorow it will stop raining and i will check it out... Tomorow i wanna install a remote starter... I left my AE pedals at work so i will put them in on monday...
Old 06-23-2001, 06:12 PM

Originally posted by psing23
i broke a wrench while trying to unscrew the original UDP... i went to a store near me to buy the belts and the power steering one was too short... by the time i got up to the part of putting the new ones on the store was closed so i couldnt exchange it... i went to RS Strauss to get a new belt and ofcourse they have their own company belts so i ask the guy if he can cross reference the part #s and he was like well yea i could but the book is in the back room and its dark and i have bad eyes so i dont feel like going ot get it now... i was like WTF is that? but i didnt have time to stand and argue cause did i mention that i was doing it outside while its raining? so what i did was i took my belt that was too short.. i found the original belt and i looked for a belt shorter than the original and longer than the one i bought in the morning and luckily i found 1 belt of the size left... so i installed that... cause its raining i cant even see how much of an improvement i got... then i put the FSTB and also its raining so i cant see what kind of improvement i got... but i guess hopefully tomorow it will stop raining and i will check it out... Tomorow i wanna install a remote starter... I left my AE pedals at work so i will put them in on monday...
That sucks... tell me what you think about it tomarrow. And post the belt sizes that fit for us so we dont have the same problem. Anyways where you from NYC? cause its raining there too
Old 06-23-2001, 06:14 PM

Originally posted by Justin Tulli

That sucks... tell me what you think about it tomarrow. And post the belt sizes that fit for us so we dont have the same problem. Anyways where you from NYC? cause its raining there too
yea im in Brooklyn

the belt sizes that they say are correct but the guy in the first store i went to cross referenced them wrong i guess... the width was correct but the length was off...
the correct width is K4 and the correct length is between 295 and 300
i got a 295K4 original size is 305K4 the guy in the first store sold me a 200K4
Old 06-23-2001, 06:15 PM

sorry i mean he sold me a 290K4
Old 06-23-2001, 06:24 PM

yea im in Brooklyn

the belt sizes that they say are correct but the guy in the first store i went to cross referenced them wrong i guess... the width was correct but the length was off...
the correct width is K4 and the correct length is between 295 and 300
i got a 295K4 original size is 305K4 the guy in the first store sold me a 200K4
Im from Connecticut thats how I know it was ranning...Thanx for the info.Hey one more question how much was the Under-drive pully?
Old 06-23-2001, 06:26 PM
Got Bent?

Cool stuff Sounds like it was a productive saturday. Was the UDP install tough? From the looks of it, it seems to be a bit challenging.....
Old 06-23-2001, 07:15 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Sounds fun! I'll trade you UDP's.
Old 06-23-2001, 09:55 PM

So how much does the new UDP add?

Old 06-23-2001, 09:55 PM

So how much HP does the new UDP add?

Its a HP upgrade MOD right?
Roger
Old 06-24-2001, 06:36 AM

Originally posted by UMD_MaxSE
Cool stuff Sounds like it was a productive saturday. Was the UDP install tough? From the looks of it, it seems to be a bit challenging.....

yea it was a productive day... yea it was challenging... loosening the tension of the belts was challenging too... especially the power steering one... I changed mine doing it the Kev/Dessert Pearl method... then taking off the actual bolt of the crank pulley was hard... I broke one of my wrenches... the first try i did i didnt even hold the key in the start position for 1 sec and the car started... but the other times it was good... the most important thing is to have the right tools but usually you dont know which tools you will need till you get to the point where u need it...
Old 06-24-2001, 06:41 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Sounds fun! I'll trade you UDP's.

hehe... if you fly here and take it off and reinstall yours then i might think about it...
Old 06-24-2001, 06:43 AM

Re: So how much HP does the new UDP add?

Originally posted by radpp16
Its a HP upgrade MOD right?
Roger

yea it varies... everyones opinion is different.. i dont know if anyone actually dynoed there before and after pulley setups... it can vary anywhere from 2hp-8hp
Old 06-24-2001, 02:30 PM

so PSING?

Old 06-24-2001, 02:58 PM

everything is A-OK... i like it
i think i feel a gain especially at low-end...
Old 05-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Question

If any1 knos if its possible to change the 01 maxima front bumper for an 03 bumper along with the grille? and if i get the 03 xenon headlights ..will they be plug and play..or do I have to do a special conversion??? please help
Old 05-12-2008, 03:40 AM
I'm watching you, boy...

You just seriously bumped a thread that's nearly 7 years old to ask 2 of the most common 5th gen questions (neither of which has anything to do with the original purpose of the thread)? This won't end well for you.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:32 AM
No more Maximas...

Originally Posted by SilverGLE
You just seriously bumped a thread that's nearly 7 years old to ask 2 of the most common 5th gen questions (neither of which has anything to do with the original purpose of the thread)? This won't end well for you.