General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Goodbye Maxima.org....car was stolen at gunpoint

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by Xplayboy69x
did this happen in secaucus?

Yea, in Carlstadt/Secaucus, right near Giants Stadium..if you know anything let me know.

As far as the new car goes, it' going to stay bone stock except for some tint and clear front markers. Other than that, the car will not be touched. All the **** I did to my Maxima was a total waste, no matter how nice it looked. Now that it is gone, I realize how absolutely meaningless it is to pour money into a car.

Insurance is going to cover the car and possibly some of the mods since I have all the receipts. I wasnt paying extra premiums for the mods, so they dont wanna cover it. As a courtesy, they said they might cover the major stuff (rims/tires, body kit, system/tv's). I just want to put this behind me and move on. I'm going in a few hours to look at the car....I'll take some pictures of it....

-Tony
Old 08-20-2004, 06:00 AM
Jedi Knight

were you staying in the one of the hotels closest to Giants Stadium...or further away?
Old 08-20-2004, 06:05 AM
Joo wanna play??......ok we go to war

Hey Tony....i can timagine how you feel right now....but jsut wanted tot ell you for future referance ...IN New Jersey you cannot park any car in public that can have something in it that can be stolen.....let alone in a hotel

**** i cant even park my car in the movie theater let alone in a hotel overnight

i wouldnt let this discourage your modding.......although i do think teh same way about throwing money into a car is a waste

but its a hobby and in reality all hobbies are a waste of money....but we do it because we enjoy it

also your getting teh exact car i want in teh same color and all

-J
Old 08-20-2004, 06:10 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Araffio, what goes around, comes around. Those knuckleheads will get their's. At least you didn't try to treat the car like a person and try to fight them for it.
I know it was a lot of work but you'll do something nice with the G35 I'm sure.
I would also suggest buying a car to use for business and keep your toy at home for the weekends.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:16 AM

oh ****, not again
Old 08-20-2004, 06:25 AM

Araffio. I dunno if this matters much......but youve seemed to hit home with alot of ppl on here influencing them with your creative talent with the car. When i saw the post and ur name I remembered the car it looked really nice. You said its a total waste but I dont think so. Alot of ppl on here feel for you. Good luck with your next car.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:25 AM
MaximaFreak

Originally Posted by araffio
Yea, in Carlstadt/Secaucus, right near Giants Stadium..if you know anything let me know.

As far as the new car goes, it' going to stay bone stock except for some tint and clear front markers. Other than that, the car will not be touched. All the **** I did to my Maxima was a total waste, no matter how nice it looked. Now that it is gone, I realize how absolutely meaningless it is to pour money into a car.

Insurance is going to cover the car and possibly some of the mods since I have all the receipts. I wasnt paying extra premiums for the mods, so they dont wanna cover it. As a courtesy, they said they might cover the major stuff (rims/tires, body kit, system/tv's). I just want to put this behind me and move on. I'm going in a few hours to look at the car....I'll take some pictures of it....

-Tony
First off, let me say how sorry this makes me. It's a crying shame when anyone has to have a gun in their face, nevertheless have their car stolen. Glad you're okay.

Secondly, and not that you haven't, but make sure you check your rights on what the insurance company has to cover. I know you weren't paying extra premiums but it's my understanding with most insurance companies that if it was bolted to the car, it was part of the car and you should be covered. Body kits are a good example, as well as amplifiers that were screwed down, etc. As an example of something almost no insurance company will cover ... radar detectors and CD's. You would have to go through homeowners' (or renters') insurance to get those particular things covered.

Not to say I'm right ... but definitely check into it. After all your hard work, it would be a shame to not get any compensation for the parts you bought and installed.

Good Luck.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by look2me40
I know if I EVER saw people in my car it would turn ugly quick. Sorry about the car.
id like to see you turn ugly on 4 guys in the middle of the night when one had a gun pointed at you! not to mention in another state at a hotel you were staying at...

Ant
Old 08-20-2004, 06:29 AM

man sorry to hear that. the car was beautiful especially in person but im glad your alright. you cant own nothing without someone trying to take it from you but i wish you a speedy recovery or a hotter car whichever comes first.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:31 AM

Damn that sucks man. Im truly ****ed myself. Damn Bastards!!!!! Thats ok. Just remember what came around hard for you in due time will come twice as hard on them. And when it happens, they'll suffer twice as hard as you did.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:48 AM
Father of the 00 VI

that **** ****es me off, law or no law that happens to me my ak 47 and my big banana clip are getting unloaded

Sorry if this sounds harsh but people like that earned it.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:49 AM
Jedi Knight

Its sad to see such a car go...but let me play devils advocate for a moment, and I know I'm gonna get flamed, but oh well..

This story is a bit weird for several reasons...

1) Most people in the NJ/NY area know that there is no residential area around Giants Stadium, its mostly just the hotels right there in the near vicinity, with that being said its hard to say that these 4 guys were Just walking around and saw Tony's car and decided to take it.

2) Most car thieves don't go around in 4s maybe 2 at the most, if there is a particular car that they want to go get.

3) Tony was not from the area so its not like they targeted his car and just waited for him to park it for the night

4) With $20k worth of mods, you'd expect that Tony's alarm would have been able to prevent the guys from just driving away in it...not saying they couldn't have taken the car with a Flat bed.

5) Tony goes up to the guys stealing his car with no ammo, no bat, no club, one guy pulls a gun, and doesn't shoot?...knowing that this witness could potentially identify him. (understandable...don't want an attempted murder rap)

6) Car is found totally stripped...but Tony already has a replacement chosen, right down to the package he wants.

When I got in a car accident, for the first week, I wasn't thinking about a replacement, I was still like what the F??

7) Insurance Companies don't do **** outta courtesy, they are trying not to pay a penny more than they absolutely have to pay...

I know everyone is gonna say F me...why would he do it...well lemme try and answer that....maybe, just MAYBE he got bored with the car...just MAYBE,

Done playing devils advocate...back to our regular scheduled program.

oh...and me (before anyone else posts that)
Old 08-20-2004, 07:04 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Sorry to hear about this Tony.. I'm just glad you're ok considering you were rubbed at gunpoint. You've got insurance to take most of the burden off the money you spent on the car. On the other hand, I'm at a total loss on my end.. the car is gone and not a single dime from insurance. Good luck with the next car -AnGe
Old 08-20-2004, 07:07 AM

1) Most people in the NJ/NY area know that there is no residential area around Giants Stadium, its mostly just the hotels right there in the near vicinity, with that being said its hard to say that these 4 guys were Just walking around and saw Tony's car and decided to take it.

2) Most car thieves don't go around in 4s maybe 2 at the most, if there is a particular car that they want to go get.
Remember, this is the car theft capital of the country. It's a business.

3) Tony was not from the area so its not like they targeted his car and just waited for him to park it for the night
Why not? Tony could have been at the wrong place at the right time for those nuts to see his car on the road and follow him to the hotel.

4) With $20k worth of mods, you'd expect that Tony's alarm would have been able to prevent the guys from just driving away in it...not saying they couldn't have taken the car with a Flat bed.
Werd. But as they say, "If someone wants to steal your car bad enough, there is not much that can keep them from getting it." Too bad our cars done have 1 a distributor setup. He could have pulled the coil wire and that car wouldn't have gone anywhere.

5) Tony goes up to the guys stealing his car with no ammo, no bat, no club, one guy pulls a gun, and doesn't shoot?...knowing that this witness could potentially identify him. (understandable...don't want an attempted murder rap)
He was at a hotel on business. I highly doubt he thought he would have to deal will New Jersey's finest idiots and plus there was 4 of them. It's just a car and there is no need in getting beat up or killed over it. Everyone can say what they would have done but even the toughest has to be smart and know when to say when.

6) Car is found totally stripped...but Tony already has a replacement chosen, right down to the package he wants.
Most people have there next car picked out while they are driving their current one. I can name 5 to 10 cars I have on my list now for my next purchase.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:07 AM

OMG! I'm so sorry for your loss Tony. Your Maxima was the one that all others measured theirs by. It's sad to see you go. Good luck w/ your new car. You'll be missed.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:12 AM

Sorry to hear for your loss Man! Hope everything goes well. I had my car broken into several times never stolen from though but now I have coverage on the system and such. But my Maxima is dead now and doesnt matter.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:14 AM
Jedi Knight

Deezo,

I see what you mean about not getting hurt over a car... BUT then why would he do to the car at all with these foockers there?

I've also been informed that my first 3 statements were wrong...my apologies
Old 08-20-2004, 07:17 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by nupe500
Its sad to see such a car go...but let me play devils advocate for a moment, and I know I'm gonna get flamed, but oh well..

When I got in a car accident, for the first week, I wasn't thinking about a replacement, I was still like what the F??

7) Insurance Companies don't do **** outta courtesy, they are trying not to pay a penny more than they absolutely have to pay...

I know everyone is gonna say F me...why would he do it...well lemme try and answer that....maybe, just MAYBE he got bored with the car...just MAYBE,

1 - there are residential...i'll take u on a tour. i work 5 min from the stadium.
2 - from the cars that were stolen/broken-in in our own work parking lot...yeah there's usually more than one.
3 - wrong place at the wrong time.
4 - if they have a gun for this...they usually have done this before.
5 - hotel room don't come w/ the complementary bed turn down service and a BAT.
6 - if i needed a car asap for work...you would get what you always wanted to..right?
7 - some do some don't.

sorry to hear about the ride Tony...cars can be replaced..you can't.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:19 AM
wat

Originally Posted by ny96max
id like to see you turn ugly on 4 guys in the middle of the night when one had a gun pointed at you! not to mention in another state at a hotel you were staying at...

Ant

Maybe I should rephrase...let's just say I would not give them the opportunity to draw on me first. If I go out there to 'scare' them away, it will be preceeded by 17 shots.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:25 AM
Administrator

i agree.. .. ima play right along with you...

Chris and i were just talking about this on MSN...

yah i found that funny too...

yeah mostly in 2's and they don't go around armed.. they usually only punk kids running around joy riding... people who do armed usually don't steal maxima's...

yeah i found that funny too..

i figure when he heard the alarm he would have called the cops after he saw someone in the car..

again.. why would you walk up to the car with guys in it and you are not armed.. wouldn't you just call the cops.. give them the location of where you are.. and let them deal with it? i mean its off the NJTPK .. their are a million tolls.. they would have caught them going through a toll both.

yeah kinda like salder did.. call me crazy

thats true.. they would give him $3,500 for what the car is worth and told him to fck off

yeah i am right here with ya brotha

Old 08-20-2004, 07:36 AM
Jedi Knight

and here I thought I was the only one....
Old 08-20-2004, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by SprintMax
i agree.. .. ima play right along with you...

Chris and i were just talking about this on MSN...

yah i found that funny too...

yeah mostly in 2's and they don't go around armed.. they usually only punk kids running around joy riding... people who do armed usually don't steal maxima's...

yeah i found that funny too..

i figure when he heard the alarm he would have called the cops after he saw someone in the car..

again.. why would you walk up to the car with guys in it and you are not armed.. wouldn't you just call the cops.. give them the location of where you are.. and let them deal with it? i mean its off the NJTPK .. their are a million tolls.. they would have caught them going through a toll both.

yeah kinda like salder did.. call me crazy

thats true.. they would give him $3,500 for what the car is worth and told him to fck off

yeah i am right here with ya brotha

maybe he saw what sadler got and wanted the same ride and decided to get rid of it easily. they are good friends I believe and just wanted a nice new car. i hope it's not true
Old 08-20-2004, 07:46 AM
我爱台湾

That really sucks man. My prayers go out to you. I hope they catch the ****ing a-holes who did it. Stuff like this ****es me off. It's like you can't have anything that looks good without some dip**** coming along and stealing it. Good luck with the G35 man, but I must say that MAx of yours was definitely one of the cleanest Maximas I have ever seen.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:48 AM

Oh boy, I know where this thread is going.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:49 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

you gotta love maxima.org, supporting people through and through. what a bunch of supportive and helpful people, they never kick people while they are down and they sure as hell follow our nations innocent until proven guilty. i just get all warm and fuzzy everytime i come back here to check in on things. you guys are really great.

gimme a ring tony, sorry to hear about the situation.. if anyone knows how you feel I think I do.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:08 AM
THT
Throbbing member

Jason, Tony, it's not that we don't believe you guys. You two have done nothing to make me think you had a hand in your cars being destroyed. It's just SOME people who can't help but be incredibly rude by insinuating that you helped dismantle something you both loved. I'm sorry that you have a negative impression of the members of maxima.org

~THT
Old 08-20-2004, 08:23 AM

even before being a part of the .org, you were a legend on cardomain. Much respect for having a car like that, working on it yourself, and actually driving it (as opposed to being a trailer queen). I'm sorry that your car was stolen, and I'm also sorry that org members are acting this way. Good luck in the new ride...is there a reason why you didn't go with the new Z?
Old 08-20-2004, 08:26 AM
Jedi Knight

Sadler and THT

just so I understand...there should be no free thinking on the org? U make it seem like destroying a car is the worst thing a person could do...what about the psychos that kill their own family members?

thinking out of the box is a bad thing....

I'm not going to just blindly follow someone without thinking about possible motive.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by araffio

-Tony

You spent all that money on your car and you did not, and you don't know if your insurance will cover your mods. I hope they give you a lot. I know my friends car got stolen and he had reciepts for every little thing, there was so many they told him to add it up himself and they will write check. He took pictures of everything he installed also.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:31 AM

Wow , this happened 3 minutes from my house. Im sorry to hear what happened to your car Tony, you know you had one of the nicest looking 4th gens on the org. Good luck with your next car.

_dave
Old 08-20-2004, 08:36 AM

wow...reading through all these posts is kind of funny, all of the internet thugs come out to shine - yea, fellow maxima.org'ers, I woulda went jackie chan on the 20 ninjas trying to break into my car, all the while shooting off the gun that I really don't have, all in the name of a car that, believe it or not, can be replaced. Talk is cheap...he did the right thing. No matter what people say, they would not have stared down a gun, and then tried to do something about it.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:39 AM
Administrator

so hold up? i am not entitled to my thoughts and opinions? what is this? a Communist Country?

God forbid we all thought the same way.. we would be friggin robots
Old 08-20-2004, 08:56 AM

Sorry to hear this, it ****es me off to hear Sh*t like this. You work hard to make your car look nice and some lazy SOB's want to take it from you becasue they want to makea quick buck. They will get theirs.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:04 AM
is invisible

Sadler and THT

just so I understand...there should be no free thinking on the org? U make it seem like destroying a car is the worst thing a person could do...what about the psychos that kill their own family members?

thinking out of the box is a bad thing....

I'm not going to just blindly follow someone without thinking about possible motive.

I have to agree.
It's almost as if free-thinking is bad because it might upset overly-sensitive members and possibly reveal a truth.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:12 AM
!OG SNES OG!

The bottom line, as far as I'm concerned, is that his car is gone. It don't matter how it was done, or why - it's just gone.

And that sucks.

Tony - regardless of what is said - your car truly was an inspiration to a lot of people on here. I hope that you are happy with your next car, and am glad that you are safe.

As far as what I would do if someone were stealing my car - first thing I would think, IF I was an American, and owned a gun - is come out quickly and to the side, putting a cap through the windshield of the car into the guy in the driver's side. Then one in the passenger. The other two pushing would likely run at that point. This of course assumes I am good with guns, and that I know that they had guns. You could always play off the fact that they threatened you with it.

All this being said - I'd probably yell for someone to call the cops (my wife, if it was being done at my house) while I am busy busting caps or just sitting there wondering what the f*ck.

And yes - everyone on here is entitled to their free thoughts and opinion, but can't we just do that in a separate thread and show a little respect, in the event that he IS telling the truth (which we should assume he is).
Old 08-20-2004, 09:16 AM
UCF Lexus

& x 394298295692
Old 08-20-2004, 09:17 AM

That freakin' sucks, I wish something bad would happen to then. I like their juck falls off or something. Well the G35 will be a great replacment.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:19 AM
wat

You guys are idiots. Whether he or Sadler did these things on their own...why does it even matter? So the stories sound fishy. So their cars were 'stolen', trashed and insurance is going to pick up the tab. And? What is the big deal here? Even if the claims were false, what is he going to gain out of it? Whatever he gets from insurance he could have just as easily sold the car for...probably with less pain. But on top of all that...he will NEVER get the money back that he put into it. Then there is the time spent on top of that. So really...who cares? The car is gone and is never coming back. Only he knows for certain if the events really did happen and if they did, you are truly making yourselves look like a.s.s.e.s. for doubting him. He was in a situation where instead of being here, typing out his story, one of his .org friends would have to write up a "Araffio killed" thread.

EDIT: YES, everyone is entitled to their thoughts and opinions...but we are not entitled to accusations we can't back up.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:21 AM
BP
Donating Maxima.org Member

edit - to blaxxxima
^ and you'd be spending a while in jail. in the US there's only one state where it's justifiable to use deadly force in defending your property and NJ isn't it.

i can understand both sides of the convo...a guy says he had his car stolen (sorry for your loss). and some people suggest it's possible he had a hand in it (i know grimey people who would do such a thing too).

bottom line is most people probably don't know this guy so it is a little off the cuff to suggest he had something to do with it.

btw that was a sweet max. sorry to see it go.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:22 AM
OG and counting...

Man, sorry to hear what happened. I hope they catch the ****ers.

Quick Reply: Goodbye Maxima.org....car was stolen at gunpoint