5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

CD Probs?

Old 06-04-2001, 04:23 AM
lymby

Has anyone had any problems with the little motor that assists the CD entering the player. It gets stuch but I can hear the motor running on it.

Just throwing this out there, maybe someone has had the same prob.

thanks

Old 06-04-2001, 06:33 AM

Originally posted by lymby
Has anyone had any problems with the little motor that assists the CD entering the player. It gets stuch but I can hear the motor running on it.

thanks
No, I haven't, but jump on getting it to the dealer, who should happily charge Nissan for a warranty repair to replace the unit. It just shouldn't get stuck.
Old 06-04-2001, 07:07 AM

Originally posted by umpopa

No, I haven't, but jump on getting it to the dealer, who should happily charge Nissan for a warranty repair to replace the unit. It just shouldn't get stuck.

ha!!! Happily?? watch!! once you get there, it will work flawlessly for them!!! Then, they i will proceed to try and convince you that you are simply imagining it, or WORSE, that it is YOUR fault.. let us know.

-Tom Z.
Old 06-04-2001, 07:26 AM

Originally posted by tomz17

ha!!! Happily?? watch!! once you get there, it will work flawlessly for them!!! Then, they i will proceed to try and convince you that you are simply imagining it, or WORSE, that it is YOUR fault.. let us know.

-Tom Z.
Old 06-04-2001, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by lymby

thanks
I had a problem where upon attempting CD insertion, that motor would continue spinning but would not allow the CD to be inserted... and had to wait a few minutes for the motor to turn off. Well, I found that it only happens with burned CD's... I'm guessing it has to do with the tolerance in thickness of CDR's.

Do you have any problems with original CD's?
Old 06-04-2001, 08:46 AM

CD Skipped

I had my Bose unit replaced a while back because my CD kept skipping (even while the max was motionless).

tdogg: looks like we have our wish (Lakers/Sixers). Hopefully, we can provide a little comp then SA did. Hopefully.
Old 06-04-2001, 09:24 AM

Originally posted by jashick

I had a problem where upon attempting CD insertion, that motor would continue spinning but would not allow the CD to be inserted... and had to wait a few minutes for the motor to turn off. Well, I found that it only happens with burned CD's... I'm guessing it has to do with the tolerance in thickness of CDR's.

Hmm... i play exclusively burned cd's.. and am sure that i have used several different cdr media.... (no probs so far)

What brand caused you problems??

-Tom Z.
Old 06-04-2001, 10:16 AM

I had a problem with an original CD. It inserted/played fine, but when I tried ejecting it...it got stuck and I could see the edge of the CD wanting to come out. I eventually got it out. No other CD's have done that since! Go figure.
Old 06-04-2001, 11:08 AM

Re: CD Skipped

Originally posted by 92drexel
I had my Bose unit replaced a while back because my CD kept skipping (even while the max was motionless).

tdogg: looks like we have our wish (Lakers/Sixers). Hopefully, we can provide a little comp then SA did. Hopefully.
Old 06-04-2001, 11:43 AM

Generic silver top blue bottom, generic white pressed top blue bottom, some generic gold, Some Maxells... some Imations...Thing is that it also depends how it the CD was burned.
If I just do a close CD, every CD player I use has a tough time finding tracks and skips around a lot. If I do the close with disc at once option, it seems to play fine in most instances. Haven't had a problem yet with the TDK's from costco...
Also, if there's other activity on the scsi bus during the burn, the CDR usually ends up as a frisbee.
Old 06-04-2001, 12:24 PM

I too run all different types of CDRs and have no problems yet
Old 06-04-2001, 05:13 PM

i havent motor problems but i did have one huge prob...the whole stereo went dead as in the cd would play and when i tried to skip to another track it would just keep playing and when i pushed the AM/FM button i would show the station but the CD kept on playing...it went away when i turned off the car and pushed the eject button..guess it got possessed or something
Old 06-04-2001, 08:54 PM

Also, if there's other activity on the scsi bus during the burn, the CDR usually ends up as a frisbee.
Hmm... i still use an ole IDE burner, and have no probs. whatsoever.. While burning a cd, my computer happily allows me to photoshop, surf the web, watch a movie, or frag some friends in counter-strike... No burn proof!!! if that isn't a testament to the usefulness of multi-processor systems, I dunno what is!!!

-Tom Z.

PS.. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS leave 2 second gaps on your cd's... my stock radio skips around like mad trying to find tracks if I do anything less than 2 seconds btw. tracks... Oh, and why wouldn't you close an audio cd automatically??? (unless you were planning to add some additional tracks at a later date).
Old 06-04-2001, 09:13 PM

Originally posted by tomz17

Hmm... i still use an ole IDE burner, and have no probs. whatsoever.. While burning a cd, my computer happily allows me to photoshop, surf the web, watch a movie, or frag some friends in counter-strike... No burn proof!!! if that isn't a testament to the usefulness of multi-processor systems, I dunno what is!!!

-Tom Z.

PS.. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS leave 2 second gaps on your cd's... my stock radio skips around like mad trying to find tracks if I do anything less than 2 seconds btw. tracks... Oh, and why wouldn't you close an audio cd automatically??? (unless you were planning to add some additional tracks at a later date).
Thanks for the word of advice... but if I don't do the disc at once option (no 2 second gap), then it skips like there's no tomorrow. Point is that there are many variables that will lead to a frisbee and that it's not always the bose HU that is the problem. Burned one CD that plays fine in the car, but skips like mad in a new home cd player... and vice versa.
Old 06-04-2001, 09:19 PM

Thanks for the word of advice... but if I don't do the disc at once option (no 2 second gap), then it skips like there's no tomorrow. Point is that there are many variables that will lead to a frisbee and that it's not always the bose HU that is the problem. Burned one CD that plays fine in the car, but skips like mad in a new home cd player... and vice versa.
Oh, I believe you... I have always lef the DOA on (saw no reason to turn it off). However, I was just specifically pointing out that my stock radio couldn't handle anything less than 2 second gaps (wheras other cd players I have don't have a prob. with 1 second gaps). Perhaps this might help someone from burning a coaster...

-Tom Z.
Old 06-04-2001, 09:39 PM
lymby

ok heres the deal

i tried some cd-r and it worked fine. then i tried some of my other discs and they worked fine. it was that cd only. go figure. it still doesn't go all the way in. what is up with that. it feels like the motor is laboring to get it in. i think maybe it is slipping on the surface of the cd. it is brand new never been touched so i think the surface was too slippery or somthin.

one thing i have found weird is occasionally i will listen to a cd. if you have a 2001 the controls are on the steering wheel. when i changed the track with the steering controls the cd player just turns off. this only happens once in while and it has happened with several discs. not only burned ones.

whatever, if it works most of the time i'm not going to bother complaining to nissan.

out

Old 06-04-2001, 09:54 PM

CD-RWs?

anyone's BOSE system play CD-RWs burned with audio?

i was surprised to find out that CD-RWs play on mine