5th Generation Maxima (2000-2003) Learn more about the 5th Generation Maxima, including the VQ30DE-K and VQ35DE engines.

I want Camber Plates and a RSTB but the only company that makes them is EVIL!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 10:58 AM

I want Camber Plates and a RSTB but the only company that makes them is EVIL!

This sucks...the next two mods i really want to do are camber plates and a rstb. The problem is im pretty sure the only company that makes them is $tealin. Does any other company make either of these? $tealin is so close to me i could buy these parts and have them on my car tonight, but im not sure i can walk inside $tillen without socking somebody in the face. I've been treated like major shi0t every time ive dealt with those a$sholes, not to mention the whole headers fiasco.

So does anyone make camber plates and/or a rstb other than $tealin???
Old 09-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by 2kGLE
This sucks...the next two mods i really want to do are camber plates and a rstb. The problem is im pretty sure the only company that makes them is $tealin. Does any other company make either of these? $tealin is so close to me i could buy these parts and have them on my car tonight, but im not sure i can walk inside $tillen without socking somebody in the face. I've been treated like major shi0t every time ive dealt with those a$sholes, not to mention the whole headers fiasco.

I think I sense some frustration The only thing I can suggest, go through a reputable vendor, maybe SWA or Custommaxima, so if you do run into a problem with the product, you can address it with them instead of having to deal with Stillen directly.

Just a thought..
Old 09-02-2004, 11:33 AM

stop about it and just go there get what you need and say PEACE!

Ant
Old 09-02-2004, 11:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Have you tried Ground Control? I've got their cc plates on my SE-R and am very happy with them. Also, Courtesy Nissan makes STBs for us so maybe they have or would be interested in doing bars for you guys as well?
Old 09-02-2004, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by kieranlavin
Have you tried Ground Control? I've got their cc plates on my SE-R and am very happy with them. Also, Courtesy Nissan makes STBs for us so maybe they have or would be interested in doing bars for you guys as well?
yeah i checked out ground control and they dont make them for my car. I also checked Courtesy Parts and they dont have a rstb. They just sell a fstb, which I already have. SWA has the strut bar i want for $138 and 2kracing.com has the camber plates for $339. Anyone ever bought from 2kracing? I think id rather be able to walk into $tillen if there is a problem rather than deal with an online vendor, at least if they match the camber plate price that is.

O well i guess nobody else makes them. I just wanted to make sure before i bought anything from $tillen. I'll probably end up getting the camber plates but i cant bring myself to pay $150 for a strut bar from $tillen. I remember a $tillen rep explaining to me that they couldnt give any sort of discount on a fstb, even if i bought over $500 worth of **** in cash, because it cost them over $100 to make and they would make no profit lol!
Old 09-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Faster than a speeding bullet...

Check on eBay every once in a while by doing a search for 'Maxima bar'. Every few weeks, there is a guy/company who lists a RSTB for $30. It's a generic-looking bar, but it should work the same as Stillen's.

Although a RSTB's effects really aren't noticable, for $30, I might eventually get one just to have whether I install it or not.

Peace.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by 01SE02SER
Check on eBay every once in a while by doing a search for 'Maxima bar'. Every few weeks, there is a guy/company who lists a RSTB for $30. It's a generic-looking bar, but it should work the same as Stillen's.

Although a RSTB's effects really aren't noticable, for $30, I might eventually get one just to have whether I install it or not.

Peace.
Sweet, thanks. i'll have to watch for that, i checked ebay the other day but didnt find anything. I know the effects are pretty minimal, which is partly why i dont want to spend much money on it. I just want to see what a rstb does before i go welding SFCs to my car.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Why do you need camber plates? The 5th gen has plenty of adjustment without spending useless $$ on camber plates. I dropped mine and after it settled I'm sitting about two inches lower than stock and everything is fine.

As far as the rstb goes, my suggestion would be to pass on that, get a RSB and a FSTB....that should tighten everything up.

Trex
Old 09-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Faster than a speeding bullet...

Sweet, thanks. i'll have to watch for that, i checked ebay the other day but didnt find anything. I know the effects are pretty minimal, which is partly why i dont want to spend much money on it. I just want to see what a rstb does before i go welding SFCs to my car.
Actually, here it is...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WD1V

Peace.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by TrexMax001
Why do you need camber plates? The 5th gen has plenty of adjustment without spending useless $$ on camber plates. I dropped mine and after it settled I'm sitting about two inches lower than stock and everything is fine.

As far as the rstb goes, my suggestion would be to pass on that, get a RSB and a FSTB....that should tighten everything up.

Trex
My camber is not even after my eibachs and illuminas settled. One side has more camber than the other i want to be able to dial in the exact amount i want. Camber is not adjustable on our cars, the only thing u can change is the toe, and only in the front. btw I have a front strut bar and i dont want a rsb at all. I just want plates, rstb, sfcs, and energy bushing (when they come out) and ill be happy with my suspension.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 01SE02SER
Thank you.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:51 PM
retired moderator

My camber is not even after my eibachs and illuminas settled. One side has more camber than the other i want to be able to dial in the exact amount i want. Camber is not adjustable on our cars, the only thing u can change is the toe, and only in the front. btw I have a front strut bar and i dont want a rsb at all. I just want plates, rstb, sfcs, and energy bushing (when they come out) and ill be happy with my suspension.
just fyi, the RSTB does essentially NOTHING for the maxima. The maxima tail-end body is fairly stiff compared to the front (thank to the back wheels being near the C-pillar).....don't waste your money.

Might I ask why you don't want a RSB? I have always considered that the single best handling upgrade that I have made to the car.....
Old 09-02-2004, 04:05 PM

Irish-
Yeah i know everyone says it does nothing, but for $30 its worth a try. Do you have any experience with it? Did i just do jack **** or what? I dont want a RSB bc it just doesnt fit my driving needs. If i were doing autocross i would have a RSB for sure, but whats important to me is high speed handling. I do a lot of long distance freeway driving at night and well...straight up, I would rather have a little understeer, straighten the wheel and hit the brakes rather than try to control oversteer at 100. A RSB will make the car much more tail happy than i want. If i want more oversteer ill just add tire pressure up front and set the illuminas higher in the rear. I hope this makes sense...and i hope i dont get flamed for being honest about my driving...
Old 09-02-2004, 04:14 PM
retired moderator

Irish-
Yeah i know everyone says it does nothing, but for $30 its worth a try. Do you have any experience with it? Did i just do jack **** or what? I dont want a RSB bc it just doesnt fit my driving needs. If i were doing autocross i would have a RSB for sure, but whats important to me is high speed handling. I do a lot of long distance freeway driving at night and well...straight up, I would rather have a little understeer, straighten the wheel and hit the brakes rather than try to control oversteer at 100. A RSB will make the car much more tail happy than i want. If i want more oversteer ill just add tire pressure up front and set the illuminas higher in the rear. I hope this makes sense...and i hope i dont get flamed for being honest about my driving...
hey no, I was just wondering - it's each to his own, you know?
As to the RSB, yeah it does loosen the tail a little (though with RSB only I never lost the tail and I do alot of hwy driving). But now I also have a lower tie bar (LTB) which compensates, so I still have understeer - but all that nasty body roll is gone with the RSB in the back and LTB/FSTB up front. It's actually VErY balanced....

As to the RSTB - I haven't had one in the maxima, but I did have one in my accord coupe, which I could not notice AT ALL....The main downside to the RSTB is that it KILLS your trunk space...

but it's all about doing what makes you feel comfortable, man!
Old 09-02-2004, 05:51 PM

2kGLE:
The RSTB on Ebay is what I currently have on my car. I bought it for $50 back then.
However, I would buy the Stillen one 'cause their bar is not hollow (as the Ebay's unit) and will provide better bracing under "extreme" handling condition. Thus it is nicer looking too.

Base on my experience, I think the RSTB is worth the investment especially since you do not want to get the RSB's. The rear end will be less bouncy when going over speed bump which helps smooth out the ride on broken highway pavement.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:22 PM
Conecarver

FYI, just last month I did back to back auto-x runs in my 4th gen with & w/o the RSTB. Couldn't feel the difference at all - just like everybody said. I do keep it in just to stiffen the towers and help with weight distribution anyway.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:13 AM

I dont agree that the RSTB does nothing, it's not really noticeable or visible like the FSTB when driving but the RSTB ties up the strut tower so it help reduce the car body torsion which is hard to notice when you drive but the torsion mostly happend in spirited drive or hard cornering.

Cheers

AA
Old 09-03-2004, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by irish44j
hey no, I was just wondering - it's each to his own, you know?
As to the RSB, yeah it does loosen the tail a little (though with RSB only I never lost the tail and I do alot of hwy driving). But now I also have a lower tie bar (LTB) which compensates, so I still have understeer - but all that nasty body roll is gone with the RSB in the back and LTB/FSTB up front. It's actually VErY balanced....

As to the RSTB - I haven't had one in the maxima, but I did have one in my accord coupe, which I could not notice AT ALL....The main downside to the RSTB is that it KILLS your trunk space...

but it's all about doing what makes you feel comfortable, man!
Hey now that u mention it, i completely forgot about the LTB, last i remember there were fitment problems but im sure matt has sorted that out by now. When i have some extra cash maybe ill get both and mess with them. Very good point.

Thanks for the input everyone..I gotta agree with the last couple posts. I dont expect the RSTB to make a huge difference but it has to do something, even if its not night and day. After plates and SFCs i think ill have to get a RSB and a LTB and start fu<king with my tire pressure and strut setting until it feels right or I get sick of it. BTW i ordered that ebay RSTB
Old 09-03-2004, 03:56 PM
retired moderator

yep, once I figured out how to get the LTB all tight and secure (it was alot easier with the impact wrench ) it's great. There were no fitament problems, I had just reversed two of the install steps and made it harder than it had to be. The second time I installed it was a piece of cake (though it does require alot of sweat and muscle); It is a perfect "counterpart" to the RSB and the handling is very balanced now....maxspeeds and illuminas going on in 48 hours!!!! Will add the Stage 1 SFC's soon and the suspension will officially be complete