3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

What can I do for the rear of a GXE?

Old 12-05-2002, 08:00 PM

What can I do for the rear of a GXE?

Looking at the model from the front - it loks nice, besides that the lights are kind of 2 dimensional, but the rear looks very awkard, like it's missing something. Could I find a not overy strange spoiler(something stock-like of fancier, but not taller), or is there something else I could do the rear to "spice it up" a bit?
Old 12-05-2002, 08:34 PM

Re: What can I do for the rear of a GXE?

Originally posted by doomtoo
Looking at the model from the front - it loks nice, besides that the lights are kind of 2 dimensional, but the rear looks very awkard, like it's missing something. Could I find a not overy strange spoiler(something stock-like of fancier, but not taller), or is there something else I could do the rear to "spice it up" a bit?
Personally I really like the look of the rear end..especially at night. The later models have a slightly diferent brake light that to me makes a world of a difference. It kind of bends down at the ends. I realize this helps you in no way but maybe you'll realize its really not as bad as you think.
Dano
Old 12-05-2002, 08:39 PM

Re: What can I do for the rear of a GXE?

Originally posted by doomtoo
.....is there something else I could do the rear to "spice it up" a bit?

paint it pink? that should make it look "un-awkward".
Old 12-05-2002, 08:40 PM

Re: Re: What can I do for the rear of a GXE?

Originally posted by Nismomaxt

Personally I really like the look of the rear end..especially at night. The later models have a slightly diferent brake light that to me makes a world of a difference. It kind of bends down at the ends. I realize this helps you in no way but maybe you'll realize its really not as bad as you think.
Dano
Maybe... I'll go check, or have my sister drive it, and I'll follow to see if I perceive it differently.... But just looking at the top of the back in plain day light, it seems kind of blocky... and the silver trig/plastic peice on mine in pulling up on the side, not enough to really realize it, but it doesn't feel like "just a trunk".... maybe I'm a little self consious...
Old 12-05-2002, 08:42 PM

Re: Re: What can I do for the rear of a GXE?

Originally posted by lophix

paint it pink? that should make it look "un-awkward".
pink? hey thats a great...no I can't even... what are you thinking! :P
I don't know.... what I think is ideal in a car is a smooth, flowing body, but with tight curves, rather than becomming a sphere...
Old 12-05-2002, 09:39 PM

i agree. i think the back looks a lot better with a stock spoiler. check on ebay you might see one there or maybe at a junkyard.