Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

Consolidation of my pics and track vids

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 07:34 PM

You no likey the Kenetix?

Oh and I know who has your N20 kit now lol.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:09 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Originally Posted by ajcool2
You no likey the Kenetix?

Oh and I know who has your N20 kit now lol.
Kinetix is more suited for F/I, I think. I prefer the more "sleeper" look under the hood, anyway.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by sparks03max
Kinetix is more suited for F/I, I think. I prefer the more "sleeper" look under the hood, anyway.
Yeah it definatly stands out. Most people that see it will say Thats why he's so fast its that shiny Intake manifold.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:13 PM

Yes, it's 3" steel piping.
Word. I was actually looking at doing something similar to that earlier tonight to create a smoother intake flow, although it seems like it's a bit on the heavy side.

Any issues with heat soak, being that it's steel?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by SLCPunk267
Word. I was actually looking at doing something similar to that earlier tonight to create a smoother intake flow, although it seems like it's a bit on the heavy side.

Any issues with heat soak, being that it's steel?
It only gets warm to the touch when the air coming through it is warm. My "final" intake is going to be a mandrel bent 3" ID SS pipe with a built in MAF adapter and only a coupler to the filter and to the TB to eliminate as much turbulence as possible. I will coat it and make a heat shield near the filter to keep it pulling air from my CAI hole.

I installed some fresh new DEK injectors today to replace my stock 3.5 injectors that had some cracked/broken off nozzles... The ECU seems to be adjusting well on its own, being only a 20CC or so increase in flow (as far as I understand), so I don't think I'll have to mess with closed loop... but I'm sure that a re-tune will be needed at WOT. Big positive is that I no longer have 2-3 vacuum leaks from bad Orings, lol!

My 3" cattman exhaust comes in tomorrow, and I'm having that installed + a 3" Y-pipe and the 3" intake/maf adapter fabbed up at the same time on Thursday. If all goes well, I'll be heading to a night TnT session at piedmont directly afterwards to tune and compare to my last round of Piedmont times...

There will be pics/videos of the 3" sometime in the next few days... I may just make a new thread for that since it will probably be spamtastic.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:44 PM

Found some old pics of my 04 spec V that i bought brand new while I was in the Navy... Yes I was a total ricer at the time, although not quite as bad as chrome. For the record, I did put the stock tail lights back in and sell the blue ones for 5x what I paid on ebay for the original silver altezzas. Custom JDM blue, yo!

Last edited by sparks03max; 01-22-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Turbo'd Saab

TO be honest, I actually kind of like the tails.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear
I got a lot of compliments on them, but they wore on me over time. Getting the paint to just the right thickness to both color match the paint and not interfere with the brake/turn signals was a painstaking endeavor to say the least... Probably weren't quite legal, but I'm not sure since the reflectors and lights were still red as usual.

I actually had hundreds of pictures and videos of that car of doing all the installs (cams, boltons, etc) and track/racing. All lost along with all my ship/deployment pictures when my old laptop got stolen. Taught me a lesson not to keep all my pictures in the same place...

Last edited by sparks03max; 01-22-2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Turbo'd Saab

I got a lot of compliments on them, but they wore on me over time. Getting the paint to just the right thickness to both color match the paint and not interfere with the brake/turn signals was a painstaking endeavor to say the least... Probably weren't quite legal, but I'm not sure since the reflectors and lights were still red as usual.

I actually had hundreds of pictures and videos of that car of doing all the installs (cams, boltons, etc) and track/racing. All lost along with all my ship/deployment pictures when my old laptop got stolen. Taught me a lesson not to keep all my pictures in the same place...
Yeah....All pictures I have get stored online...most of my files are stored online these days. Plus a copy on my server.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:13 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

Originally Posted by DrunkieTheBear
+1. Something about it I really like.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by essential1
+1. Something about it I really like.
Well I guess they weren't as bad as I thought. Still, the stock tails looked pretty sweet on those cars with the full red and black plastic inside. At least I deleted the bucktooth!

It ended up on 17" silver 5zigen FN01cs, 20% tint all around (50% front window), and full boltons/JWT cams + tune. Even with all that effort, my fastest time was still only a 14.2@98 with a 2.15 '60. By the time I considered it "complete" and with only 20k miles, it got destroyed by some drunk douche while I was pulled off the side of the highway after witnessing a nasty accident.