Members Rides Post Pictures of your car here. No Maxima? No problem.

1swtmax 5.5 gen turboed

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:24 PM

Its a shame, because that COULD have been a very sick car.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:12 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

You know my main gripe with the bodykit is the horrible color matching. If you were going to blow a bunch of money on all that, you could have just gotten the whole car sprayed. It's your car and the kit/hood are what you wanted, but it would look much better if the colors matched right.

I can't say I wouldn't drive that car, it's got to be fun to be driving some of the worst rice on the road and ACTUALLY be able to beat 90% of the cars on the street. You know he gets alot of people laughing at him and wanting to race him to "embarass" him, not knowing it's a 400whp turbo'd car.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:50 PM
wat

The car looks cheap with that terrible fitting kit. If it was put on with allot more time and body work im sure it would look allot better.

You'll get more attention with some 24" wheels.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:30 PM

Followed your turbo thread and am planning to make a visit to SFR here in a year or two myself to see what we *might* be able to conjur up. I definitely respect the t-kit, that is for sure. The rest of that money is going in the wrong places man...but, it is your vehicle.

All I know is you are going to make a lot of self-esteem's go WAY down when those supercharged 5.0's and GTO's are looking for an easy "ricer" kill and get they're ***** handed to them on a silver, no, plantinum platter. Do you know if SFR has hand any other 5.5gen customers recently?
Old 02-21-2009, 06:34 PM

i believe Altered Atmosphere had a stroked 3.5l(4.3) that was being turboed and was supposedly for a Maxima.. dont know what ever happened to it
Old 02-21-2009, 08:36 PM

I'm more into the sleeper look to see the bewildered faces when they see my tail lights. To each their own.

I love the turbo and the engine bay, can't wait to see track numbers!
Old 02-21-2009, 10:31 PM

Quit ragging on him. That is one hell of a sleeper though.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by timmay5835
Yea that's true. It would totally be like suprize butsecks to run against him and I would be mad tripped out. But again I like the stock-looking sleeper better.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:43 AM

Man all you guys are being pretty hard on a fellow maxima owner! Let me answer a couple of questions. Yes the hood is functional (why you want to know, beats me like it would matter). One guy said I should of took the money from the kit and make my car faster. Yea come pull up beside me once. I agree the neons are a litlle out dated I did it back in 03. And I am putting eyelids on, they have not came in the mail yet. Well I will say thanks for all the comment good and bad.

Its really hate for my car to look like everyone elses. And you know what I mean Stillen front lip and a CF hood. And Dave VQ black wheels come on man where not in the Army dude talkin about lookin like poo. I really hate HATE cars with black wheels. But anyway.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by sparks03max
You know my main gripe with the bodykit is the horrible color matching. If you were going to blow a bunch of money on all that, you could have just gotten the whole car sprayed. It's your car and the kit/hood are what you wanted, but it would look much better if the colors matched right.

I can't say I wouldn't drive that car, it's got to be fun to be driving some of the worst rice on the road and ACTUALLY be able to beat 90% of the cars on the street. You know he gets alot of people laughing at him and wanting to race him to "embarass" him, not knowing it's a 400whp turbo'd car.
By the way the color does match perfectly when you see it in person.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by xlcrew
yeah you're right it doesnt look like everything on the .org, it's the worst 5.5 i've seen in a while. sorry man but that looks like poo. a max looks great without a body kit and a hood that isnt functional. having the turbo on it can't make up for the hideous look of that car. you could of made the car a little faster with all the money you spent on the body kit and hood. sorry but it looks horrible. have a nice day though
Yea here is the guy.

Here you have a car that is 395whp and he is worried that the hood is not fuctional. But it is fuctional. And take the money from the body kit and hood and make it faster. I`m not saying mine is the fastest but this DB can pull up beside me anytime and try to prove his point.

I don`t want to pick all of you guys apart but if your going to comment in such a way to put me down. Well then you can bet I will be commenting back. At least he was nice and told me to have a nice day. And to that I say thanks.

I know I`m the one that put my pictures on here but man its pretty rough in here.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 AM

Everyone is going to have their opinion. You have the car the way you like it.

Me personally I think the hood is a little much (cf hood would look better to me) I'm also not a big fan of those rear lights. (Even my current rear tails I dislike that are aftermarket). So dont feel so bad. I think the neons are a little much but they're nice if you can ride in a group or something, otherwise you're just looking at getting pulled over for unwanted attention.

As far as the body kit i'm actually looking into that rear bumper and doing some modifications to it so the middle is all "out." I dont mind your kit, overall although, I would fill in the holes on the side skirts. We all agree you need eyelids, but the way they are to me looks fine. The rims are nice keep em if you like em. Oh and the turbo, plain and simple SWEET. More pics of the install or interior would be good.

Take care and overall nice job.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:05 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

well i figured why not, ill post my thoughts too hahaha

Originally Posted by PulsarGTS
Its a shame, because that COULD have been a very sick car.
agreed

Originally Posted by 1swtmax
Man all you guys are being pretty hard on a fellow maxima owner! Let me answer a couple of questions. Yes the hood is functional (why you want to know, beats me like it would matter). One guy said I should of took the money from the kit and make my car faster. Yea come pull up beside me once. I agree the neons are a litlle out dated I did it back in 03. And I am putting eyelids on, they have not came in the mail yet. Well I will say thanks for all the comment good and bad.

Its really hate for my car to look like everyone elses. And you know what I mean Stillen front lip and a CF hood. And Dave VQ black wheels come on man where not in the Army dude talkin about lookin like poo. I really hate HATE cars with black wheels. But anyway.

props for having a styling preference the 94.67547% of max org HATES and actually standing up for yourself!!!

its your car, do WTF ever u want ! as long as u like it and will stand by your decisions then F*** em

altho personally i would rather drive with no bumpers than those lol seroius i had no bumper for a week or so 1 time. hahah

also what kinda tunning device(s) you using???

cough... UTEC FTW
Old 02-22-2009, 12:30 PM

One guy said I should of took the money from the kit and make my car faster. Yea come pull up beside me once.
I'd wager you don't get much traction with those big wheels and super low profile tires and you'd get plowed by a car that's setup to actually get off the line. Have any time slips?

Last edited by sparks03max; 02-22-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by sparks03max
I'd wager you don't get much traction with those big wheels and super low profile tires and you'd get plowed by a car that's setup to actually get off the line. Have any time slips?
No time slips yet. My car was just finished and then the winter hit so I`m waiting till spring. I do plan on changing out to slicks on 17s not the 19s that I`m running now.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:53 PM

Haha I love your body and hood! Looks just like those cars from 2fast2furious and Need For Speed, haha
Old 02-22-2009, 05:28 PM

lol
Old 02-23-2009, 01:48 PM

props for taking the high road. i guess most guy here try to aviod the fast and furious kinda look since that look is NOT what we want. hey man, to each his own, enjoy the 395 WHP.

Oh, and have a nice day

I don`t want to pick all of you guys apart but if your going to comment in such a way to put me down. Well then you can bet I will be commenting back. At least he was nice and told me to have a nice day. And to that I say thanks.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by timmay5835
How is his car a sleeper? Its screams " Hey, look at me!"
Nothing subtle about his car at all.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by HotshotVQ35
props for taking the high road. i guess most guy here try to aviod the fast and furious kinda look since that look is NOT what we want. hey man, to each his own, enjoy the 395 WHP.

Oh, and have a nice day
Dont forget the....
412 torgue
Old 02-24-2009, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by 93altima
man i like your car and ive seen the youtube vids at least your 5.5 dosent look like EVERY OTHER 5.5 gen on here meaning Slam, Stillen kit, EVO 2 or CATTman exhaust, Axis Heiors or 5 spoke TSW's lol oh and you can for get the Black housing lights)
to each his own right? ricer mentality.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:59 PM

One hell of a build up under that hood. Thumbs up! Personally the car is complete opposite from what I enjoy, but like surra said, its your car and what YOU think about it is all that matters. As long as you accomplish what you wanted than be happy with what you have.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I like it... Body kit on the street would get everyone attn. and the Bov would let people know it's not a game. I know you put a lot of time and money into this car so more power to you. Don't sweat if people don't like the body kit. BTW Get some video's up...

also did u get what you paid for? I ask because I know you had some set backs. Have u drove any other high power cars before? is the car only tuned for 93oct? Sorry about all the questions. how much boost are you running.

Last edited by BigFonsz; 02-24-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by BigFonsz
I like it... Body kit on the street would get everyone attn. and the Bov would let people know it's not a game. I know you put a lot of time and money into this car so more power to you. Don't sweat if people don't like the body kit. BTW Get some video's up...

also did u get what you paid for? I ask because I know you had some set backs. Have u drove any other high power cars before? is the car only tuned for 93oct? Sorry about all the questions. how much boost are you running.
I do plan on getting some videos in the spring. I got the car back late in the season and it sits all winter due to the roads and stuff. So yea in the spring I plan on getting some video. I also do plan on attending Maxus this year.

As far as did I get what I paid for, well I really wanted 400 whp and I got 395 whp, I know close enogh but I was fiquring on 400 whp on the low end and possibly 425 whp on the high end. But after driving the car I can say I`m really happy with it and if it had more power it would just spin even more than it does now.

About driving high power cars. No, not drove. But I rode in several more powerful cars. Viper and 2 drag cars. I have 2 friends one with a corvette and the other with a supercharged mustand, and I think I can take both of them.

Octane. I really don`t know, cause thats all I put into the car. From day one thats all it saw. I told Tim when he turboed it thats all I run 93 octane.

Boost. I have a Greddy Profec B Spec 2 so I have 2 setting high and low. High setting is set at 9.5 psi and low is at 8 psi.

Last edited by 1swtmax; 02-24-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:52 AM

Oh Ok. You might want to get it redyno with like some c16 and up the boost to 10-12 psi. That will get you over the 400hp goal. when do u start building boost. I didn't see a list of mods are you running 3in exh? what size is your dp (downpipe) and wg (wastegate)? what's next for the car?
Old 02-25-2009, 09:08 AM

im up for some videos! can't wait to see what it runs in spring
Old 02-25-2009, 09:27 AM

You know, its obvious you have put a lot of time into your car. The body kit may be a bit much, but you did it for some sense of individuality and didn't really over do it. Personally I respect a subtle body kit, on that makes your car look a little unique and a little meaner but is not obvious. I have seen this a couple of times, the best ones being the ones I had a hard time telling they even had a body kit on. You kit is "punch you in the face" obvious, which makes your car look a bit like a ricer, but it isn't one. Ricers leave everything stock and put a body kit, unnecessary decals and massive spoilers on. If you put good money into the performance and the looks you are a Tuner not a Ricer. That engine work makes you a Tuner, and a fast one at that. I think any import that has any body work done can be mistaken as a ricer but when you have a fast car, none of that matters. Good luck out there on the streets.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:24 AM

well at least it really is a sleeper. when you think about it its true because people dont take maximas serious anyway unless you hear a whooshing bov lol i give props but i would settle without the hood at least.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:38 AM

I donno... to be real honest, I think his taste in modding is rice. So what if he threw a turbo in there? The exterior modding is not even matching up. I do agree that it's good to be different because you don't want to look like everyone else. But the reason that you are different is because no one else wants to mod like that (exterior-wise of course). If I may give some suggestions, I would lose the rear bumper, lose the hood, lose the sideskirts, tint the tails just a bit, drop it a lil more, and get some new wheels.
Please take no offense on this because I'm not trying to trash talk about the car. And also mad props on your courage to stand by the car even with so many disapprovels! Now let's see some numbers!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mostly_Harmless_Mike
You know, its obvious you have put a lot of time into your car. The body kit may be a bit much, but you did it for some sense of individuality and didn't really over do it. Personally I respect a subtle body kit, on that makes your car look a little unique and a little meaner but is not obvious. I have seen this a couple of times, the best ones being the ones I had a hard time telling they even had a body kit on. You kit is "punch you in the face" obvious, which makes your car look a bit like a ricer, but it isn't one. Ricers leave everything stock and put a body kit, unnecessary decals and massive spoilers on. If you put good money into the performance and the looks you are a Tuner not a Ricer. That engine work makes you a Tuner, and a fast one at that. I think any import that has any body work done can be mistaken as a ricer but when you have a fast car, none of that matters. Good luck out there on the streets.
Thanks, and perfectly said.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:01 PM

Oh Ok. You might want to get it redyno with like some c16 and up the boost to 10-12 psi. That will get you over the 400hp goal. when do u start building boost. I didn't see a list of mods are you running 3in exh? what size is your dp (downpipe) and wg (wastegate)? what's next for the car?
I start building boost at about 3000-3300 rpm. Yea 3" exhaust. What`s next, nothing done. Well except for eyelids that just came in the mail today. New tires and a set of drag tires on my stock 17s.

Some people are telling me to lower it somemore. But, the front bumper only sits 4" off of the ground now. I really don`t want to lower it anymore.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by IHAVEA2KMAXIMA
I donno... to be real honest, I think his taste in modding is rice. So what if he threw a turbo in there? The exterior modding is not even matching up. I do agree that it's good to be different because you don't want to look like everyone else. But the reason that you are different is because no one else wants to mod like that (exterior-wise of course). If I may give some suggestions, I would lose the rear bumper, lose the hood, lose the sideskirts, tint the tails just a bit, drop it a lil more, and get some new wheels.
Please take no offense on this because I'm not trying to trash talk about the car. And also mad props on your courage to stand by the car even with so many disapprovels! Now let's see some numbers!
Yea, I knew a lot of people in here wouldn`t like the kit. Cause I saw what people where saying to others. But, you know I had what 30-40 people (so far) not like the kit. I had a shet of people give me props on the kit. So it really don`t matter what anyone says, I like it. What do you mean by the exterior modding is not even matching up? The camera does not give the car justice. The color does match perfectly.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:33 PM

Yea, I knew a lot of people in here wouldn`t like the kit. Cause I saw what people where saying to others. But, you know I had what 30-40 people (so far) not like the kit. I had a shet of people give me props on the kit. So it really don`t matter what anyone says, I like it. What do you mean by the exterior modding is not even matching up? The camera does not give the car justice. The color does match perfectly.
The color of the paint on the bodykit parts is very obviously different than the stock color body in many of those pictures. If it looks like that in pictures, it probably looks like that when you're standing a few feet from it as well. It makes it look like the color doesn't match. Sterling mist is hard to match, you should have had the whole car sprayed.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:35 PM

WTF man I hate it when ppl rice out the kind of car I have. That's why civics have such a negative stigma associated with them. Your car might be turbocharged but it doesn't make up for the lack of common sense and a certain measure of tact one should have. Hood, bumpers, wheels need to go asap. Tails and neons need to go asap as well seriously.

You need to sit back and say to yourself WTF WAS I THINKING, and when you come to your senses rip that trash off. And honestly, I LOVE maxima's but you would've been better off turboing a better car. What's the point of having 400whp in a front wheel drive car, sure it's quick when you hit boost but when you try to turn your going to go straight... And honestly, our 5th gen chassis suck for handling. Torque steer FTL

Last edited by NissanTun3r; 02-25-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:42 PM
wat

I guess ill be the one to say it openly

I dont think his car is that fast, nice numbers, but on the street with a car that looks like that i bet he gets called out by every cam/spray LSx car and gets beaten down.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:01 PM

LOL well I guess you have seen how many haters there are on the .org.

Honestly I REALLY like the look of your maxima, props for doing WHAT YOU WANT to it and not just being like everyone on the .org with a stillen lip kit and EVO 5 wheels lol.

I know 99% of the guys in this thread are hating on your ride but it doesnt matter what they think..you have a sick maxima..and a rare one with the 5.5 turboed...dont let anyone put you down for doing what YOU want to YOUR ride. Clearly you put a lot of money and time into your ride so be proud of the fact that you have your car looking how you want it to.

In any case...even if most of these people are talking sh*t just take em to the dyno and blow them away...or plain smoke them at the dragstrip then maybe they will shut their mouths I would assume that against other maximas you would be eating some serious food...

two thumbs up from me on the max!

Last edited by M1RAG3; 02-25-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by M1RAG3
LOL well I guess you have seen how many haters there are on the .org.

Honestly I REALLY like the look of your maxima, props for doing WHAT YOU WANT to it and not just being like everyone on the .org with a stillen lip kit and EVO 5 wheels lol.

I know 99% of the guys in this thread are hating on your ride but it doesnt matter what they think..you have a sick maxima..and a rare one with the 5.5 turboed...dont let anyone put you down for doing what YOU want to YOUR ride. Clearly you put a lot of money and time into your ride so be proud of the fact that you have your car looking how you want it to.

In any case...even if most of these people are talking sh*t just take em to the dyno and blow them away...or plain smoke them at the dragstrip then maybe they will shut their mouths I would assume that against other maximas you would be eating some serious food...

two thumbs up from me on the max!
........................................apparently ppl with bodykits like to stick together
Old 02-25-2009, 06:07 PM

sweet looking car minus the bodykit. something about that hood is not for that car IMO. otherwise, your car looks real nice, plus its boosted
Old 02-25-2009, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by AceofSpds
I guess ill be the one to say it openly

I dont think his car is that fast, nice numbers, but on the street with a car that looks like that i bet he gets called out by every cam/spray LSx car and gets beaten down.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:48 PM

bleh...give me the kit i could put it to better use :P. but props none the less.( on the performance mods).

Quick Reply: 1swtmax 5.5 gen turboed