Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

PA 1999 Maxima SE - 5 SPD MT - 190k miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 05:27 PM

1999 Maxima SE - 5 SPD MT - 190k miles

Up for sale is a 1999 Nissan Maxima SE in Sage Mist with a Sereno (green) leather interior and 5 speed manual trans. I believe this was a pretty rare combination. This was my daily driver until about six months ago and has been super reliable. I've owned this car since 2008 and have taken great care of it. Here are the details:
  • The car runs and drives great considering the age and mileage. It starts right up with no issues and has plenty of power.
  • The transmission shifts smoothly with no issues.
  • The interior is in fantastic shape and very clean.
  • All of the windows, power locks, and sunroof work.
  • The keyless entry works.
  • The heated seat works on the passenger side only.
  • The heat works but the A/C doesn't.
  • Mileage is 190k but the odometer reads 165k. This is because I had a cluster go bad and replaced it with a used one and couldn't get an exact mileage match. They are exactly 35k apart.
  • The car is currently not inspected (was due 10/18)
  • It needs an A/C compressor. The A/C stopped working and I simply don't turn it on to avoid the noise.
  • The clear coat is peeling in spots and there is rust on the body, radiator support, and other places.
  • The front left ABS sensor is bad. I never got around to replacing it but will include the part.
  • Tires have plenty of tread, but there is some cracking starting on the side walls.
Here is the work I did in 2017-2018 to get it road-worthy again:
  • 2018 - new exhaust (cat back), new fuel tank valve, new LR brake caliper, new brake pads all around, new starter, new ignition coil, and new battery.
Since I've owned the car, here are the major maintenance items done:
  • Car was professionally repainted in 2010 with all new badges, door handles, and bumper covers
  • Struts and all bushings replaced all around
  • Clutch replaced (less than 50k miles) with OEM Nissan parts and Redline GL-4 fluid
  • K&N air filter
  • Front axles replaced twice. Latest are Raxles with less than 50k miles (these are excellent quality)
  • Radiator replaced
  • Spark plugs replaced twice
  • Starter replaced twice
  • Engine tune up with new intake/valve gaskets and all new hoses (less than 50k miles)
  • Rear calipers replaced several times
  • Rotors are newer with plenty of life left
  • Alternator (less than 50k miles)
  • Changed the engine oil and filter every 3500 miles with high mileage semi-synthetic (seemed to prevent oil leaks)
  • I have some spare parts that will be included, which include front brake pads, an OEM lower control arm (new), several coil packs, and other small parts.
I'm listing this here first as I'd love to see the car go to someone in the Maxima.org community. Asking $1500 OBO. Please PM me if interested and I'll provide my email.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:29 PM

More pictures:

Old 05-27-2019, 10:36 AM

Sold?