Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

NY 1996 Maxima w/ retrofitted projector headlights, new struts and more in Brooklyn NY

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 09:47 AM

1996 Maxima w/ retrofitted projector headlights, new struts and more in Brooklyn NY

(SOLD) Brooklyn, New York, 1996 Forest Green Pearl Maxima. Fabric seats. Very low mileage. Asking price $1500

VIN# JN1CA21D5TT184705

PROS:
- All 4 struts replaced with Monroe Quick Struts.
- cd player, 4 pioneer speakers, 1 kicker sub and amplifiers
- retrofitted projector headlights done by chrisman287 ($450+ value) w/ high and low beam HID's
- Side headlights have Bright white LED's
- engine and automatic transmission well maintained (Synthetic engine oil change 1,000 mile ago/one month ago and regular transmission oil change 15,000 miles ago).
- alternator and belts replaced 2 years ago
- starter and battery replaced 1 year ago
- spark plugs replaced 1 year ago with oem plugs
- front brake pads recently changed
- manifold gaskets recently replaced
- blower motor resistor replaced so all fan speeds are functional
- Heat fully functional
- freon recently recharged (Air condition works)
- tires rotated (Michelin 4 seasons, average wear)
- fuel filter changed 15k ago
- had recent wheel alignment (drives straight)
- both front control arms, axles and stabilizer links had been replaced
- exhaust had been replaced with aftermarket OEM equivalent,
- has 89K miles on it. (low mileage)
- Clean title

The Cons:
1 problem that effects the car's performance:
Check engine light from vacuum leak, Confirmed with smoke machine at the shop that EGR control BPT valve and the EGR valve itself needs replacement, would cost around $300 to $350, parts and labor, to fix it at a shop depending where you go, the parts alone is around $150 I believe, probably less on ebay or junk yard. It drives okay most of the time but at random times can slightly feels like it's stalling due to vacuum leak. Because of this, I suggest not driving the car in the rain till it's fixed, because of the vacuum leak, moisture in the air get's sucked into the engine, causing it to stall, (happened to me twice during heavy rain).

Other Cons:
-Has a small dent on the front passenger fender. Some scratches on the passenger side and other minor and not very noticeable scuffs and scratches around the car.

-Trunk needs to be slammed harder to close all the way, may need a new latch

-Antenna mast broken but I will provide replacement mast part. You would have to bring the part to the shop.

-I have two different pairs of hubcaps on each side due to the OEM ones being stolen and one of my other hubcap from my other set somehow got missing.

Asking price$1500, Kelly blue book Value is $2735, considering the car has retrofitted projecters headlights with high and low beam HID's and sound system, all 4 new struts and all the work, major parts recently replaced and maintenance I put into the car, I think the asking price is a steal. For it's age, the car is a work horse, and drove really well before the vacuum leak, all it needs is egr and bpt valve replacement.

Last edited by ookami85; 05-31-2014 at 09:40 AM.