Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

FL FS - 2003 Automatic - South Florida $4600obo

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 04:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

FS - 2003 Automatic - South Florida $4600obo

2003 Nissan Maxima SE - 87k Miles - 4600 obo
Automatic

JN1DA31A53T435285 <- Carfax shows an accident if I recall correctly. Was before I owned the car. Ill see if I can get someone to run the carfax.

Titanium edition?? Not sure, someone told me it was. It doesnt say that anywhere on the car, but there are metal maxima kickplates when you open the doors. The car seems to have every option except in dash nav.

Would prefer to sell the car locally to someone who can come check it out. Not interested in long distance transactions. It isn't out of the question, just not something I would prefer.

I have owned this car for 2 and a half years. In that time I have replaced the rear rotors, all brake pads, battery, radiator and Struts. I do not recall the struts that I got but they are just stock replacements, nothing special. Brand new tires, just changed oil.

I also had the auto tranny fluid changed. I did not do this for any particular reason, just to satisfy my own personal neurosis. I've heard that if you go too long without changing the fluid and it gets too dirty, it cannot be changed. Myth? Legend? Not sure.. The tranny shifts just fine though.

I do not race this car. Other than occasionally rage passing some old people (south florida) I baby the car around town.

I am selling because I recently bought a 2011 xterra and I do not need two cars. Driveway space is at a premium.

This car is stock, no upgrades.

The Good
Excellent Mechanical Condition
Black Leather
Power Everything
Brand New Tires - Yoko AS530
6 Disc in dash Bose
Fresh Oil Change
Recent strut replacement
AC is cold.
Made in Japan!

The Bad
Sunroof is a little quirky. Sometimes doesn't want to work right away. Sometimes opens up magically on its own. If you leave it alone, it will leave you alone. It doesn't start acting up unless I start messing with it. There is a slight stain on the roof where it must have been open slightly when it rained and unbeknownst to me the sunroof had cracked itself open. I have just left it closed since then and it has never leaked.
Passenger window also quirky, rolls itself back down a few inches after you roll it up. Have to roll it up slow and not push past stopping point.
The front end is a little creaky when I am backing out of my driveway.. as I take my foot off the brake while in reverse.. not sure what that is all about. It has been like that since I have had the car, no mention of any problems when getting struts or alignment so..... old car noise?
Also, there is a faint rubbing sound, I thought it was because my rear rotor was warped but that was not it. Again, I have had alignments and brakes all the way around and no problems reported by the mechanic. I really only hear it when I am driving by a wall or something with the radio off.
I do not think the memory seat thing works. I have never messed with it.

The Ugly
Couple spots of clearcoat missing on the hood. See pics in the craigslist link. Small hole in the carpet on driver's side. My bad for not getting floormats.
Faux Vents

The service engine soon just turned on so I will get that checked out. I just had the oil changed so maybe it just needs to be reset. Ill check the gas cap too. I will run it by the shop later and report back either today or tomorrow.

Please post or email me if you have any questions or want a specific picture of something.

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/4405292096.html

email me at thenewnumbertwo@countermail.com

Have Title - Cash Only - No Trades.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Also, the price I have listed is from when I posted on craigslist while back. I am pretty flexible on price for the right buyer. I decided to post here rather than re post on craigslist because If I end up having to sell cheaper than I want to, Id rather sell to a Maxima nerd than some craigslist @#$@# whos just going to try and resell it.

I am in no rush to sell, and the craigslist drama just isnt worth it right now, lol.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:58 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Ok I went to the shop and had them read the codes.

P0455 - Evap Control System Leak (Large)

P1800 - Manufacturer Control Transmission

They told me the second code was probably a false positive being caused by the first code.

They couldnt tell me what the problem exactly was without doing some testing.

Note: before heading to the shop I took off the gas cap and put it back on, making sure it was tight. After leaving the shop I drove around for a few miles and the light has not come back on. Im going to take it for a longer drive later today or tomorrow and see if it comes back on.