Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

02 SE 6MT - Louisville, KY $7000

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:18 PM

02 SE 6MT - Louisville, KY $7000

2002 Maxima SE 6MT 123,300 mi Asking $7000, will consider trades (plus cash!) for '97 or newer 4th gens with a 5-speed

PM or email me at erickl@insightbb.com

Factory options
- Six-speed manual transmission (no HLSD)
- Power sunroof (tilts and slides without issue)
- BOSE audio
- Sterling Mist exterior
- Tan "sport cloth" interior
- Awesome, plush, embroidered floor mats
- Trunk organizer/cargo net
- Standard SE spoiler and sunroof spoiler
- All lights stock (standard HIDs)

Mods
- BOSE HU was replaced with a Pioneer by the previous owner, just a single-CD player and radio, no MP3 support
- Some extra grounding courtesy of Shinjiduo's kit

Recently replaced
- Front wheel bearings @ 118K
- New muffler @ 118K
- 245/45 R17 Blue Streak (Goodyear off-brand) tires with ~23K miles on them, 7/32nds of tread left
- Six new NGK Platinums with ~5K miles
- New air filter (OEM style) with ~5K miles
- New accessory belt with ~2K miles
- Mobil 1 0w-40 fully synthetic European Formula with a M1-XXX synthetic filter both with ~800 miles

Things that need attention
- Shocks, front and rear, in the next ~30K miles. End-links are making noise on bumps, handling has yet to be compromised and is still very tight.
- Brake pads are new, but front rotors will need to be replaced, not turned, in the next ~15K miles. Calipers could use a cleaning and re-greasing of the slide pins.
- Burns oil, currently at a rate of roughly 1 qt per 800 miles. I run 0w-40 Mobil 1 EF. No smoke, no external leaks, it's not in the coolant... It's frustrating.
- The car spent its first 8 years of life in middle Ohio, so most of the components on the bottom of the car are rust colored. None of the parts have rusted through (tested all rust colored pieces with a magnet), save the muffler that was replaced right before I bought the car. The lower oil pan is flaking something fierce, however. No exhaust leaks.
- Wheels need to be balanced and aligned, front and back
- Hood vibration TSB needs to be addressed.
- ECU needs to be flashed to latest spec to fix the idle-air volume relearn and acceleration hesitation TSBs.
- Bought parts to replace the fuel filter but don't have time to install it (averaging 21 MPG 70% highway, 80 MPH - cruising speed, can't tell if it's the tires or the filter, probably both).
- The EVAP canister is leaking, throwing a code and illuminating the SES light.
- Though the Carfax is clean, the driver's door and that front quarter panel have been repainted, they are ever-so-slightly darker than the rest of the Sterling Mist paint.
- Some extremely old, turning-purple, bubbling, 5% window tint is on all windows, save the passenger window that was bashed out (nothing was taken. Frustratingly enough, they didn't want BT's newest album nor any of my music from Iceland, Japan, or England. Have they no taste?).
- The typical rock chips are present on the front bumper, there are some small scratches scattered around the car.
- I screwed up the battery tie-down (one side over-torqued, twisted the eye hook on the piece attached to the frame) and cracked the air filter box during the grounding installation. Battery isn't moving and the box doesn't seem to be leaking an audible amount.

Positives
- The clutch is grippy and doesn't make any noises--no third-gear clunk.
- Interior is in excellent condition. No rips, no burns, no smokers have owned the car, no stains on ceiling or carpets.
- Speakers are all functioning wonderfully.
- All accessories work
- I am the third owner. (First owner had it from December 2001 until it was repossessed in mid-2005, second owner sold to me in March 2010.)
- First owner fell for Nissan's "Premium Maintenance Schedule" and changed oil at 3500 mi intervals, along with everything else at 50% the usual time, for the first 20K miles
- Clean Carfax (lost my emailed copy I got in March, nothing's happened since then. VIN in one of the pictures)
- I've only used 93 octane gas in it since it was purchased in March.
- No body damage save the aforementioned scratches
- Have two key fobs and two keys
- Have the owners manuals (no original dealer window sticky, however)
- Still stupidly quick

Why I'm selling
I bought more car than I could handle, financially as well as power-wise. I jumped too far with this one (a 155 HP 3400 lb Taurus to a 255 HP 3200 lb 6MT!) and know that my car deserves a better owner, frankly. Sometimes, I'm pretty sure I like it way, way too much, so much so that it borders on interfering with my life! I'm looking to move out from under it and buy a nice Gen 4 with a 5-speed that's much more appropriate for my station in life.

I just want to be as straightforward as possible with you guys. You are all lovely people and deserve to know exactly what problems you are buying along with this awesome sleeper.

Okay, I uploaded ~60 pictures to a Photobucket album, will post the best ones here.

Messed up battery tie-down

Cracks in airbox

Clearcoat peeling on bumper

Scratches that used to be covered up with a dealer sticker (ugh)

Typical rusting of undercarriage

New muffler

Two keys, fobs, and fuel filter parts from DAVEB

Only wear on shift ****

Last edited by Eirik; 08-25-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:47 PM
a.k.a. STuNtMAN

wanna see pics
Old 08-25-2010, 06:08 AM

Absolutely. Are there any areas in particular you're interested in seeing?
Old 08-25-2010, 06:19 AM

Haha, I got the window replaced. I wanted to have SOME kind of picture when I put the thread up, but pictures of the hoodlums' damage was all I had on Facebook. That and a terrible, fuzzy picture of me getting gas when I purchased the car. I understand what you mean, though, and took it down in case someone got confused and thought I was selling a car with a broken window.

Kentucky has a nice policy that any "safety glass," which includes all glass ANNNNND the headlight and taillight assemblies, has to be paid for in full by the insurance company. $160 new passenger window? Thanks, USAA!

Edit: Pictures added. Rest are in http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...%20For%20Sale/

Last edited by Eirik; 08-25-2010 at 09:25 AM.