Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

Ready to dump all three 2nd gens

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 02:38 PM

Ready to dump all three 2nd gens

I have sadly come to the conclusion that even if my health wasn't gradually going downhill, the time to work on these just isn't materializing and probably never will unless I lose my job (and then I won't have money for parts....).

Would like to see all these go to someone who is into tinkering/restoring, but I can't afford to be sentimental any more. All 3 cars are in Eastern PA between Philly and Bethlehem.

1988 Maxima - 5 speed, red, was running well but I think the flex hose is shot, exhaust leaks causing it to barely run (?). Good PA inspection till early next year.

1987 Maxima - auto, white, runs good in park but runs rough in drive/under load. Have never figured out why, had car sold but had to back out on the deal.

1987 Maxima - auto, silver, runs good. Starts right up, purrs like a kitten. Digital Dash, everything works. Has a lot of body rot in the backend, needs work on brakelines, etc. Cracked windshield.

I'll pull together some more details if anyone is interested. Will probably be putting these up on Craigslist soon.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:12 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

how much for the 87 maxima's/pics?
Old 08-11-2011, 01:21 PM

Hard to believe I posted this a whole freaking year ago, and just now am actually getting rid of the cars. (Having gotten separated from my wife is kinda forcing me to act this time).

I've listed 2 of them on Craigslist, because I thought I had a buyer for the White 1987. Not sure if that deal will fly, buyer didn't show up when expected. So, I still have all 3 right now, could be down to 2.

I also have some spare parts from a few others I scrapped, like MAF's, headlights, taillights, grillles, door handles, etc.

Oh, also, the 1988 does not run at all now. I replaced the flex hose and as luck would have it, I think right after that the timing belt slipped. :-(

Looks like scrap prices are up so if you want any (or preferably ALL of this) let me know ASAP. Best deal will be made for the lot all at once.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/2523068757.html

I'll post some pics here as soon as I can....